You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

10 minutes ago, Tarwater said:

From what I can gather after talking to several people in sports retail, it will actually be fewer outlets for Liverpool Nike kits in western Europe than under New Balance. The biggest increase will be in Asia. 

My mate manages quite a big independent sportswear shop and from next year Nike have stopped all independents in the UK from selling their stuff and cancelled their contracts with them. 

• Upvote 1

Disappointed with the decision and looking at the judgement, it's only the fact that sports names of James, Williams and Drake (who the fuck's he \ she?) swung the deal. Distribution or 'doors' wasnt an issue.

I really, really hope this deal doesnt backfire. Yes, the proposed or, is that prophesied, sales figures and 20% bonus should increase Liverpool's income but they are going to have to shift record numbers of shirts and training gear to do that. We wait to see if the kit designs prove as popular as NB's have been.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Actually looking forward to seeing these kits. Interesting to see if any of these side-benefits are true, too. 

Would the acquisition of one Mbappe satisfy your 'side-benefits' criteria? 

In all seriousness though, I wonder if it's even remotely a chance with Nike on board. 

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Actually looking forward to seeing these kits. Interesting to see if any of these side-benefits are true, too. 

They get a rep for being all the same every year, but some of their kits this season look great. The Inter Milan kits in particular, I really like.

Image result for inter milan kit 2019/20

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

They get a rep for being all the same every year, but some of their kits this season look great. The Inter Milan kits in particular, I really like.

The new away kit will be something similar to that. The 3rd kit is supposed to be very dark grey with white or silver trim. Sounds similar to our last Adidas away kit before Warrior took over.

nike-liverpool-20-21-kits-2.jpg

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Be great if we could swerve both of them and go back to Adi Dasslers finest threads. 

Nah fuck them

They tried having the club over and called out the club for lack of success wven the club was one of its biggest kit sellers and low balled them thinking they could because of lack of Champions league. Yet they've broken records with the Utd kit deal while they have their worst team in over 30 years. Fuck em

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

Yup

We should be getting a fuck load more though, United's old deal dwarfs this and their new one will be even better. 

The club is getting what 20% of the merchandise sales. The club have sold around 1.15ml shirts a year last few years by reports. Even say with added success and the brans shit with Lebron,Williams etc makes that 1.5m. At a conservative £40 a shirt world wide thats what 12ml a year on shirt sales alone before the rest of the shite Nike will put out. The one thing the club has done amazing on the past few years since FSG have been involved it get good deals off the field. I doubt they have done this without a very good idea what they will see in returns

Club shops are always more expensive 

It does look like some of the big companies are pulling their stuff from the generic sports shops these days though. Going more through licensed retailers or their own high Street and online shops. 

Made me laugh that far goon Mike Ashley moaning to the government to investigate Adidas and Nike as they don't want to deal with him anymore and will only deal with JD Sports on the highstreet. Still at least the bitters can still get their Lonsdale and Umbro kits with them

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

The club is getting what 20% of the merchandise sales. The club have sold around 1.15ml shirts a year last few years by reports. Even say with added success and the brans shit with Lebron,Williams etc makes that 1.5m. At a conservative £40 a shirt world wide thats what 12ml a year on shirt sales alone before the rest of the shite Nike will put out. The one thing the club has done amazing on the past few years since FSG have been involved it get good deals off the field. I doubt they have done this without a very good idea what they will see in returns

That would make it 47m a year, utterly shite and dwarfed by uniteds old kit deal, one that they'll smash when up for renewal. 

Might be good for our owners somehow though. 

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Nike kits are fucking expensive as well. I went to Barcelona last year and wanted to buy the light green away kit for my son from the club shop and it was £112 for the kit with name and numbers. 

Wonder if Nike will want to expand the club shop in Liverpool One or move to a bigger shop. 

Why would Nike want (or be allowed) to expand  the size of what is a Liverpool FC owned retail outlet?

2 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Nike kits are fucking expensive as well. I went to Barcelona last year and wanted to buy the light green away kit for my son from the club shop and it was £112 for the kit with name and numbers. 

Wonder if Nike will want to expand the club shop in Liverpool One or move to a bigger shop. 

We should buy the outlet next door to Everton in Liverpool One , addressed Liverpool 3.

Would ruin every Evertonian after-dinner speaker overnight.

3 hours ago, Lee909 said:

According to the court case, I think it said we've done 2.9m in the last year and Nike are shooting for the same number for advanced orders. 

9 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

According to the court case, I think it said we've done 2.9m in the last year and Nike are shooting for the same number for advanced orders. 

So 24ml maybe then on short sales alone before you look at all the other branded shit they all sell. 

The club wouldn't turn down gaurenteed money if it didn't have a good idea it wouldn't make more doing this. Add that it's a short deal too. Mostly these big deals are long 8-10 year tie ups and by the time your halfway through your losing millions. The one thing the club knows how to do these days is mamimise off field profits. Its no longer the corner shop it was under Moore and Coco