Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

On 22/03/2021 at 09:11, an tha said:

There are loads of really good looking 'fan made' mock ups online.

Makes you wonder how professional designers come up with such shite and why club sign off on it.

Take this away for example - beautiful, but nike will give us nothing like it.

liv-3-min.jpg

I like the confidence in us having the world champions badge on the new kit again. 

I am finding it hard to believe these kits are real to be honest. While I don't like some of the shit on the home shirt, the way away kits look these days, they look traditional. I can't imagine they'd make 2 traditional kits in 1 year. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Who cares what other club's colours it might look like, it looks good. Could easily say it looks like Egypt. 

Nah. The collar and sleeve trim is shite.

Also, saying "it looks like Egypt" just brings back horrible memories of that mid-90s abomination that Adidas foisted on us and Bulgaria. 

• Upvote 1

The home should have white or yellow piping. No time for that lighter red / pink / fucking salmon color. Drop the fucking black.

The Ecru / Emu / Beige / whatever - get rid the stripes. Drop the fucking black. Then passable.

The Yellow? Yes. Now you are getting it you Nikey little fuckers. Reverse that color scheme for the home. "Just... Do... It".

• Upvote 1

The home & away shirts would look better if the lines were the same as the yellow.

However, considering Nike are the company who have Barca hoops, I’m treating this as a moral victory.

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

3rd kit is nice. The away kit isn't. Home kit looks like someone spent an afternoon messing around on MS paint. 

I suspect all 3 shirts are someone messing around with MS Paint! 

What’s with the pink bits on the home shirt?

Do Nike just use a random colour generator to add a colour for a the sake of it? 

Top 5 worst home shirts

2021-22

9289F6FE-C690-4CA1-AB6C-9E8CF088E682.jpeg

1993-95

D9B5BD1E-797C-4E12-B1E8-4D2B2B02B93C.jpeg

1992-93

DEC6D522-47D7-48FA-9474-49C3DAC88900.jpeg

2010-12

A2E521A3-3B55-47E6-9AD6-7D54B98D50A8.jpeg

2014-15

45466C68-B9A2-41BB-9824-2032AB746209.jpeg

1989-91 is fortunate to miss out, but John Barnes somehow made it look respectable, plus the tracksuits were decent.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'd have this year's kit in before either of those last 2. 

Screenshot_20210328-120917.jpg

Ha ha. Completely forgot about this season’s shirt! Yeah, I’ll replace 2014-15 with 2020-21. 2010-12 was an absolute shocker, though.

Revised top 5

1. 2021-22

2. 1993-95

3. 1992-93

4. 2020-21

5. 2010-12

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Ha ha. Completely forgot about this season’s shirt! Yeah, I’ll replace 2014-15 with 2020-21. 2010-12 was an absolute shocker, though.

The biggest problem I have with the 2010 kit is it makes me think of hodgson and Joe Cole etc at the pre-season photo shoot.

Screenshot_20210328-121744.jpg

Joe-Cole-Roy-Hodgson-Liverpool.jpg

Not too fond of the 1998/00 Reebok effort either. Classic 1960s round collar design but the material used was awful and the cut was way too baggy.

6 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Not too fond of the 1998/00 Reebok effort either. Classic 1960s round collar design but the material used was awful and the cut was way too baggy.

The material was crap but all kits of that era were baggy. 1996-98, in my opinion, is one of our most underrated kits. That too was baggy, made worse by the club seemingly issuing every player, regardless of build, with XL. The only thing that really let it down was the inclusion of the full crest within the 50s/60s style oval.

They're aimed at kids and people who dress like one yet every year you get adults acting all shocked at how horrible they look.  Just like every other modern day football top. 

10 minutes ago, Grinch said:

They're aimed at kids and people who dress like one yet every year you get adults acting all shocked at how horrible they look.  Just like every other modern day football top. 

I’ve never understood this. I don’t wear footy shirts myself, but have no problem with adults who do. Anyway, loads of teams still have traditional looking home kits.