You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

2 hours ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Yeah, I get what they were going for with the oval - but the obsession with having the full crest for, I think, copyright reasons from the mid-90s onwards was crap.  Glad Warrior/NB brought the traditional badge back.

It was a Hillsborough thing. The full badge had the flames on and they had made a commitment to keep it on, iirc correctly it started with the centenary badge in 1992. Then they came up with the idea of putting the flame separately on the shirt and the HFSG gave their approval. I never really understood why we couldn't have the current badge with a small flame anyway. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

It was a Hillsborough thing. The full badge had the flames on and they had made a commitment to keep it on, iirc correctly it started with the centenary badge in 1992. Then they came up with the idea of putting the flame separately on the shirt and the HFSG gave their approval. I never really understood why we couldn't have the current badge with a small flame anyway. 

Yeah, I remember seeing one someone mocked up years ago (probably about 20 years now...) with the classic Liverbird with the flame next to it.  I do like how it is done now though, especially with the 96 included, even if it is on the back of the neck.

Flogging off all this season's clobber, so some of it is now at a price that doesn't necessarily make your eyes bleed.

I quite like the home "anthem jacket" (although I hate the concept of "anthem jackets"). Not buying one, like, cos it wouldn't suit me; but they are nice.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Of course that yellow kit above isn't a likely nike job.

It is far too smart.

But it does go to show that anyone (apart from Nike it appears) can to create a decent looking kit. If you to that kit and reversed it so the body is red & the stripes are yellow, that would probably be a really nice home kit. 

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Flogging off all this season's clobber, so some of it is now at a price that doesn't necessarily make your eyes bleed.

I quite like the home "anthem jacket" (although I hate the concept of "anthem jackets"). Not buying one, like, cos it wouldn't suit me; but they are nice.

What actually is an anthem jacket?

1 hour ago, Pete said:

But it does go to show that anyone (apart from Nike it appears) can to create a decent looking kit. If you to that kit and reversed it so the body is red & the stripes are yellow, that would probably be a really nice home kit. 

There are loads of really good looking 'fan made' mock ups online.

Makes you wonder how professional designers come up with such shite and why club sign off on it.

Take this away for example - beautiful, but nike will give us nothing like it.

liv-3-min.jpg

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

What actually is an anthem jacket?

isn't it the trackie top they wear to come onto the pitch while they play the CL/PL anthem? they always have the training kit sponsor on them too to give them a bit of match day exposure. 

29 minutes ago, an tha said:

Makes you wonder how professional designers come up with such shite and why club sign off on it.

liv-3-min.jpg

of course they could make kits like that, they just don't want to. they want to create stupid wild kits that apparently appeal to kids - although my kids think both away kits this year are shite.  so i am not sure which kids they're aiming at. the thing is though i think they want to keep them quite different to previous seasons. so when they do come out with something like that one above, it will be novel to everyone and also appeal to us old cunts and they probably do really well. i don't think the kids have the affection to the white and yellow aways we do. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

isn't it the trackie top they wear to come onto the pitch while they play the CL/PL anthem? they always have the training kit sponsor on them too to give them a bit of match day exposure. 

of course they could make kits like that, they just don't want to. they want to create stupid wild kits that apparently appeal to kids - although my kids think both away kits this year are shite.  so i am not sure which kids they're aiming at. the thing is though i think they want to keep them quite different to previous seasons. so when they do come out with something like that one above, it will be novel to everyone and also appeal to us old cunts and they probably do really well. i don't think the kids have the affection to the white and yellow aways we do. 

And we are the ones buying the kits, not the kids. No way I was buying them any kits this year.I could have bought them a fanzine though ....

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, an tha said:

liv-3-min.jpg

That's pretty much a perfect away kit. maybe a few tweaks here & there but nothing substantial.  Does make you wonder what goes on in the head of the professional designers!

32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I am sure it boils down to knocking out all the other shite they do as well associated to the kits and their colours.

I suppose if we only had red and white and yellow as our colours that kids etc wouldn't buy the other shite in all the different colours as it would look largely same each year.

One for the shitness of modern footy, but a necessary evil in this age.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

If kids don't like the kind that is shown up top, then they deserve one beating for the kind of taste they have started harbouring.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Arnaud said:

And we are the ones buying the kits, not the kids. No way I was buying them any kits this year.I could have bought them a fanzine though ....

This year I ended up shopping in China . I got the little one a training kit off the club because she liked it, but her red and whatever the fuck the changed it is I got from China. And they fit her better than the club shite. 

Got my lad the black keepers kit and the home kit from DHGate and the quality is top drawer.....lasted him just as well as full price jobs.

All with names and numbers on including numbers on shorts, washed regular, worn loads and still all A1.

Fuck paying the rip off prices any longer.

Yeah you aren't supporting club that way some will argue, but frankly until clubs (all of them) get pricing back to some sort of reasonable level (which they won't of course) then when it comes to kits they can do one.

• Upvote 3

57 minutes ago, an tha said:

Got my lad the black keepers kit and the home kit from DHGate and the quality is top drawer.....lasted him just as well as full price jobs.

All with names and numbers on including numbers on shorts, washed regular, worn loads and still all A1.

Fuck paying the rip off prices any longer.

Yeah you aren't supporting club that way some will argue, but frankly until clubs (all of them) get pricing back to some sort of reasonable level (which they won't of course) then when it comes to kits they can do one.

personally having compared genuine to dhgate shirts side by side i find it impossible to think they're not made out of identical material.