Quantcast
Nike deal - Page 57 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

Those red patches down the sides are even more jarring than the white stripes down the sides of the home kit. And like the home kit, it's a little too reminiscent of our most inconsistent sides of the last 30 years.

There are rumours of a possible 4th kit which is white with pink and black trim.

6 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

The three kits are awful really. 

It's been quite some achievement how bad all 3 are. Nike make some decentish kits and have this season. I wonder how in charge of the final designs Nike are. But than what do we all know with the numbers it's selling in?

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's been quite some achievement how bad all 3 are. Nike make some decentish kits and have this season. I wonder how in charge of the final designs Nike are. But than what do we all know with the numbers it's selling in?

I’d never buy it but they did a good job with the new England kit. 

3 hours ago, Trumo said:

Those red patches down the sides are even more jarring than the white stripes down the sides of the home kit. And like the home kit, it's a little too reminiscent of our most inconsistent sides of the last 30 years.

There are rumours of a possible 4th kit which is white with pink and black trim.

Where did you hear that, mate ? 

This is bollocks. I already hate Nike. Aprt from the prices of the shirts they do look a bit shit. They should have consulted NB on how to design a nicer shirt. And what a shit slogan "tell us never" Wtf. 

IMG-20200911-WA0000.jpg

Seems that having promised us a bigger percentage of the profits they’ve hiked the prices to ensure they still get their usual cut.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Butch said:

This is bollocks. I already hate Nike. Aprt from the prices of the shirts they do look a bit shit. They should have consulted NB on how to design a nicer shirt. And what a shit slogan "tell us never" Wtf. 

IMG-20200911-WA0000.jpg

I bet those prices include patches and names/numbers. Or the numbers should be in Euros instead of Pounds.

12 hours ago, Butch said:

IMG-20200911-WA0000.jpg

If the kits didn't get leaked early, how would the sellers on dhgate get quality replicas?

10 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

“Tell us never” makes us sound like plucky underdogs. Load of shite.

I think that's exactly where we position ourselves. 

Dunno if this is the right thread for this. But while I don't really by replica shirts for myself, I do buy loads of t-shirts from the local sellers. I've had loads of good experiences from the likes of LoveFollowConquer , Up The Reds, Hat Scarf and badge and one or two others. Got 2 from a site call the twelfth red this morning , really crap. The t-shirt material is cheap (some crap brand you'd pay a quid for or something off Amazon) and the printing is pretty poor too, like something from the 80s. So if you're thinking of buying from them don't! 

• Upvote 1

Back to where we were when Warrior did the kits in terms of them looking pretty tacky/low grade and having dogshit slogans.

I expect in a year or two Nike will start to get it right like New Balance then did.

15 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

£15 DH gate. That will do me.

The cost of the tops are horrendous. 

DH gate is serious ? How is the quality like ? How old are the kids doing it ? 

22 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

Back to where we were when Warrior did the kits in terms of them looking pretty tacky/low grade and having dogshit slogans.

I expect in a year or two Nike will start to get it right like New Balance then did.

This is Nike we’re talking about. They shouldn’t need a year or two to get it right.

it should be right first time.  Hell some of fan mock ups were better than what Nike have produced.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

This is Nike we’re talking about. They shouldn’t need a year or two to get it right.

it should be right first time.  Hell some of fan mock ups were better than what Nike have produced.  

I wasn’t defending them. I’m fairly apathetic about the quality of our kit designs to be fair.

Bet someone at Liverpool is having second thoughts on dumping NB's up front £45m instead of £30m plus commission from Nike, especially this season. The commission will only be paid when the £30m sales target is hit, isnt it and even then, will likely be something like 6(?) months in arrears

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

I wasn’t defending them. I’m fairly apathetic about the quality of our kit designs to be fair.

Yes. I understood what you meant. Apologies if it came across in any other way. 

• Upvote 1

I honestly don't think we're the target market for these.

The little scrotes wearing tracksuit trousers that don't even reach their ankles, bumbags across their bodies and flip-flops with white socks will lap these up when they appear in JD Sport.

17 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

The little scrotes wearing tracksuit trousers that don't even reach their ankles, bumbags across their bodies and flip-flops with white socks will lap these up when they appear in JD Sport.

Harsh on Turdseye.

• Upvote 3