Quantcast
Nike deal - Page 44 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

True.  But then a lot of what she's saying is supposed to be more about the city and it's people than the club.  There's that whole idea of relishing other people underestimating us and kicking against the pricks that is a big part of how we see ourselves.

Yeah I don’t believe it’s as cynical as some think i.e., managing expectations... Nike must have started working on the concept a while back before we won everything and decided to just go with it. It just seems a bit outdated now. These days we’d be favourites heading into any game, maybe bar 5 games... (City, Bayern, Juve, Real, and Barca aways)

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah I don’t believe it’s as cynical as some think i.e., managing expectations... Nike must have started working on the concept a while back before we won everything and decided to just go with it. It just seems a bit outdated now. These days we’d be favourites heading into any game, maybe bar 6 games... (City, Bayern, Juve, Real, and Barca, Watford aways)

Fixed.

25 minutes ago, davelfc* said:

Good job Rooney is a blue (manc) because he'd be hobbling around in his pair as they'd be on the wrong feet. 

5CB835A9-0006-4956-BE1B-51996049E2C0.jpeg

All that red and green just reminds me of Souness, Mark Wright and the horrible early 90s fashion.

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Fucking hell. Are they real and not photoshopped? 

Clearly you've never walked past a Footlocker. Their displays are full of stuff like that.

Plenty of idiots will pay a lot of money to wear those.   Just like plenty will be conned onto paying £100 for a football kit made from cheap shite material. 

13 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

True.  But then a lot of what she's saying is supposed to be more about the city and it's people than the club.  There's that whole idea of relishing other people underestimating us and kicking against the pricks that is a big part of how we see ourselves.

Not sure I buy into this

Liverpool are and have been one of the biggest and best in world football for at least 50 years. LFC are proper European and English aristocracy

We're amongst the top 5 of European clubs and even in the dark days we never left the top 10

3 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

All that red and green just reminds me of Souness, Mark Wright and the horrible early 90s players.

Agreed.  I love it not.

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

Not sure I buy into this

Liverpool are and have been one of the biggest and best in world football for at least 50 years. LFC are proper European and English aristocracy

We're amongst the top 5 of European clubs and even in the dark days we never left the top 10

That's why I said I think it's more about the city than the club.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's why I said I think it's more about the city than the club.

Same with the city

As the joke goes, the Manc thinks Manchester is the 2nd city; the Brummie thinks it Birmingham; the Scouser knows it's London

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, mattyq said:

Same with the city

As the joke goes, the Manc thinks Manchester is the 2nd city; the Brummie thinks it Birmingham; the Scouser knows it's London

Exactly.  Everyone else thinks we're cunts - we know we're boss.

Same every year with these tops.   People talk sense at first about how shit they look and then all the muppets lap it up and spend £70 on a top made in a sweat shop that's worth a fiver at best. 

16 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Find it weird that the ‘cheap’ version has the sewn on badge, whilst the other more expensive shirt has a stuck on badge?

For performance I would’ve thought. The badge on Lebron’s top looks sewn on though I doubt they’d give him the ‘stadium’ version. Gonna have to wait and see I guess.

14 minutes ago, aRdja said:

For performance I would’ve thought. The badge on Lebron’s top looks sewn on though I doubt they’d give him the ‘stadium’ version. Gonna have to wait and see I guess.

Nah, it’s the player version. You can see in the still photo that, unlike the t-shirt version, it has the pattern and the vapor kit text or whatever it is on the lower left hand side.

41 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Find it weird that the ‘cheap’ version has the sewn on badge, whilst the other more expensive shirt has a stuck on badge?

Shouldnt be any nipple rub from the sown on badge with the 'stuck on' version?

13 hours ago, El Diego said:

They claim nipple rub, but I thought they all wore tops under their tops. Maybe not all do. I have had nipple rub off playing footy from the crest and logo, in fact bleed, so I can testify it is a real thing! I started playing with plasters on my nipples!