You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

28 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Would she not want to wear the Liverpool top? Kids tend to live in the things, do they not?

She’s not really into footie that way. She loves playing it, because it’s fun running around with her friends, and she wears a Liverpool top to training because I bought her one, and she came to the CL parade and loved it, because it was exciting and different and she knows it made her dad happy, but otherwise she couldn’t give two fucks!

shell be happy to get this because it’ll have her name on it, and it’s her birthday so everything is ace, but to be honest, the present is at least as much for me as it is for her!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

She’s not really into footie that way. She loves playing it, because it’s fun running around with her friends, and she wears a Liverpool top to training because I bought her one, and she came to the CL parade and loved it, because it was exciting and different and she knows it made her dad happy, but otherwise she couldn’t give two fucks!

shell be happy to get this because it’ll have her name on it, and it’s her birthday so everything is ace, but to be honest, the present is at least as much for me as it is for her!

Fair enough.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

My advice is that you all sell your kids. You save yourself money on the merchandise, and you actually make more money from the sale. It’s a win-win.

Bit OTT that, have always thought renting them to a Ugandan child army was a decent compromise. They go away and come back with some discipline, respect for the chain of command and can reassemble a kalashnikov in under 45 seconds in the dark.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Bit OTT that, have always thought renting them to a Ugandan child army was a decent compromise. They go away and come back with some discipline, respect for the chain of command and can reassemble a kalashnikov in under 45 seconds in the dark.

Or to a Chinese sweat shop where they can make their own kits.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, davelfc* said:

We probably have a sleeve sponsor ready to go in a few months. Just in time for fans to get their new footy shirts that have the sleeve sponsor on. Kerching!

When the darker red NB shirt first came out, WU hadnt signed as the sleeve sponsor. When they did the club was happy to add the logo for free on shirts bought from club shops without it. Just sayin'.

27 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

When the darker red NB shirt first came out, WU hadnt signed as the sleeve sponsor. When they did the club was happy to add the logo for free on shirts bought from club shops without it. Just sayin'.

20200801_180922.jpg

You're going to need a bigger shirt. (or just another one IF a sleeve sponsor is your thing.)

6 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Western Union are no longer listed as a club partner \ sponsor. Wouldnt surprise me to see Axa take up the opportunity to be the new sleeve sponsor.

I would say that is pretty unlikely. AXA already give us about 25m for the training kit don't they? I'm pretty sure being the training kit sponsor is a bigger thing than sleeve of the shirt. 

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

They signed a 5 year deal in 2017, wonder why it has been ended. It was £5m a season as well. 

Personally I didn't think it was that long, in fact I thought originally it was 2 with an option for 3, bit could be wrong.

I've also a mate who's a media agency. He thinks the market for secondary sponsorship can be very misleading. Historically when the club had a main sponsor on the shirt it was all about that shirt and stadium advertising - everyone's deal was pretty much the same, an all access deal and values club to club were measurable as deals were like for like. However, apparently how the new deals work, each club will make slots available (such as sleeve sponsor, primary sponsor, shirt sponsor, sex toy sponsor etc) and with each deal comes a number of commitments. So some of these are joint advertising campaigns, some are about coverage on social media (and the reverse, so depending what they buy, they can only use the LFC brand so many times on social media) and access to the players for events and advertising. So we might put WU on the sleeve and charge 5m, but give them nothing other than the slot. Other clubs may charge more but be committed to do advertising campaigns etc. He thinks the badge on the sleeve is worth fuck all in isolation and it's value is the other access provided by it. So we may have sold that slot for 5m, but we could well be fleecing another sponsor for a similar amount (such as Nivea) who we're committed to working in a different way with. Ultimately there's a finite amount of time we can allow access to the players and manager, so if the deal is without them, it devalues it. In the same way, apparently we need to manage how much we're allowing our name to be used on social media, so again we might focus a lot of that with sponsors not so prominent on the kit to gain maximum return. The upshot, his view is you don't measure any deal individually, you measure the overall value of all deals. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The New Balance caps over the past few seasons have been quality. I bet Klopp hates these. And so he should, they are fucking shite.

6C941042-D8CA-4007-88B3-CDEDC75252D3.jpeg

E7AAB365-F216-4973-BA87-1B3E93AD0C3C.jpeg

With Klopp is charge, we really should be striking a deal with New Era and milking the caps for all they are worth. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I love a good hoodie and this is nothing like a good hoodie. Looks cheap and nasty, how on earth can they think about charging £60 for it...

581C8571-3BCC-4465-B513-81E7E2132E88.jpeg

I think the crest generally looks shit. Certainly an enormous one with LFC plastered on it does. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

The New Balance caps over the past few seasons have been quality. I bet Klopp hates these. And so he should, they are fucking shite.

With Klopp is charge, we really should be striking a deal with New Era and milking the caps for all they are worth. 

New Era are no better quality than ‘47.

very rarely buy club stuff or sports gear generally, I've got the black goalie one from last season and had the black and silver Adidas one from years ago which was quality and comfy as fuck. 

The green and white on the new shirt looks a bit trebor softmints for my liking but each to their own.

Nike are probably a good commercial partner as they know all about BIG branding, which isn't very British but will go down well abroad, which let's face it is the target market.

I'm looking forward to buying a pair of Nike Air Robbos though. 

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Just awful

3 hours ago, aRdja said:

The black and gold NB cap is the best one IMO. Been looking for it for longer than a year, but no luck so far.

CF22C78A-72F0-42E0-9379-EF58F1C3139F.jpeg

This seems similar enough if it takes your fancy

https://hatstoreworld.com/liverpool-fc-black-gold-dad-cap-47-brand?shopping_id_click=hs2004443&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrubR6av-6gIVQ77ACh3lpwRcEAQYASABEgJWxfD_BwE

• Upvote 1