You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

My 10 year old lad will want one and i personally am glad that the version he'll get (the cheaper one) has a proper stitched on badge as opposed to an ironed on transfer which would probably with the amount of times it will need washing crack/peel.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the state of the £70 version forces people into thinking they might as well buy a blag version on line.  

Can anyone post a picture of the shorts?  They are even worse.  Cynical bastards.  I don't want the club to suffer financially but I honestly wouldn't blame people/parents who think "fuck you".

793E6325-1E6D-479B-865E-6E1949EFC029.jpeg

08DB1AF7-2C4A-4C56-9E0C-5C9F22A215C6.jpeg

Not really arsed about the different player kit and the replicas. All the previous kit releases have been different replica and player ones. I think Umbro was the only time what the players wore and what you bought were the same?

But fuck me, 60 quid for a pair of shorts? No wonder the club reckoned they'd get 80m a year under this deal.

10 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

He's got the "going to the match" part down alright, but until he masters the "incessantly whining and refusing to enjoy football" part he'll never deserve respect. 

Who is an incessant whiner? I've heaped plenty of praise on the Club and the people who deserve it, Including Jurgen who I admire greatly, and who is practically a throwback to the old ways, but I will still call it as I see it. Its not my fault folk on here choose to gloss over anything positive I've said and would rather focus on the negative and tell me to fuck off or insult me, or try and be a smart arse is it?

I wouldn't mind but he told me to fuck off first and then complained about me being patronising in my follow up, which is weird because my line of thinking is in line with his, to support those individual sellers around anfield and the stuff they produce as its affordable and part of the match going experience, especially for young kids. BTW they were the ones targeted by our owners only a year or so ago before pushback got them to back down with the whole trademark Liverpool fiasco.

17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Not really arsed about the different player kit and the replicas. All the previous kit releases have been different replica and player ones. I think Umbro was the only time what the players wore and what you bought were the same?

But fuck me, 60 quid for a pair of shorts? No wonder the club reckoned they'd get 80m a year under this deal.

Yeah previous kit makers have done it however with NB, the two were far far closer in looks than what Nike have done. Nike have pushed it too far.

2 hours ago, The Gaul said:

You're right, supporters do have a choice, but it's tougher with your kids - my youngest daughter loves her kits and the little cunts in her school even know the difference between club bought shirts and ones from the likes of sports direct - with the clubs having access to smaller numbers and letters which retailers are not. So it's almost a 3 tier system - retail where you maybe pay 40/50 quid per shirt, the club where it's 70 quid and the stadium shirt at 100. 

However, my big issue here is not they make a "stadium" version of the shirt, it's the very idea the "regular" £70 kit isn't a "replica" at all, it would appear to just be a bad jarg version. No issue if there's some super-duper material that breathes better for elite athletes, but really is no difference to the rest of us. But the very idea one looks like something you'd pick up off a beach shop in bodrum is a fucking disgrace. I'd even have no issue if they appeared identical for everything other than the vapour logo, but one has a pattern and one doesn't. It's a fucking disgrace whichever way people want to cut it. And they wonder why people buy jarg versions from China. 

I also agree about the costs without the logo's, I think there was an Adidas Leicester away kit a season or two back which was normal full price and you could pick the same up in the Adidas club shirt range (where you're buying for your Sunday league team or whatever) for 15 quid ! 

Yeah, I noticed that the other day. What's the bet we have a sponsor by the time the season starts and all of those "replicas" are even less replica. 

I don’t know how old your daughter is but they only seem to be doing the more expensive versions in adult sizes. 

I don’t disagree with you, you would think that a kit is a kit but unfortunately every club bleeds every supporter for all it’s worth. It’d be nice to think we’re different but we won’t be. My only surprise is w43 not pushing a Champions League shirt again. 

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/fashion/nike

Some other stuff I hadn’t seen in here. Some of it is Ok, but it’s all just so unimaginative and cheap looking - those hoodies are absolutely appalling. 

I like the red and black rain jacket (I think somebody posted it earlier) but they can get fucked if I’m paying £80 for it. On my honeymoon in California 6 years ago, I bought an identically designed jacket for $60!

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Western Union are no longer listed as a club partner \ sponsor. Wouldnt surprise me to see Axa take up the opportunity to be the new sleeve sponsor.

We should invite USM to be our sleeve sponsor...

35 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

They signed a 5 year deal in 2017, wonder why it has been ended. It was £5m a season as well. 

City, the Mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal all get more than that from their sleeve sponsors.

5 hours ago, Scott_M said:

When she was 2, I got my daughter a kit with her name & number etc on it. Cost about £50.

The #2 also indicated the number of times she ended up wearing it.

I won’t be making that mistake again.

Mine wore the Liverpool training top I got her from sports direct for when their training restarted this Friday. She’ll wear this one to most training sessions I reckon. 

other than us playing footie in the park, her team training and our (annual) trophy parades I hope she doesn’t wear it anywhere else.

1 hour ago, Trumo said:

City, the Mancs, Chelsea and Arsenal all get more than that from their sleeve sponsors.

Arsenal sold their sleeve to a fucking despot, who's also an arsenal fan, in Rwanda, reputedly for 10m quid a season for 3 years. That's some going for a country with endemic poverty.