Quantcast
Nike deal - Page 40 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Top Red.

He's got the "going to the match" part down alright, but until he masters the "incessantly whining and refusing to enjoy football" part he'll never deserve respect. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, an tha said:

Has the sleeve sponsorship with Western Union finished?

 

Seems to be no sleeve sponsor on pics of these new tops.....??

 

Be a bit of a revenue loss if have not got a sleeve sponsor.

Somebody posted few pages back that it has ended.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference between the two shirts is shocking. No kid is going to want the market version, kids who have it will probably feel like cunts next to the kids who got the player version. Yeah their entitled little shits but to make a bland as fuck ropey version of the kit the players wear and still charge 70 quid is poor form. 100 quid nuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I generally couldn’t care less these days. I just bought my girl last seasons kit with her name and the number 8 for her 8th birthday which is coming up, and I only did that cause we’re champions and it’ll be nice to have the champions patch on the side as a memory, but while she enjoys playing football, and “likes” Liverpool because she’s wants me to be happy, and i expect her to be thrilled because it’s got her name on it, she couldn’t really care less and will have no idea it’s not the new one.

 

That said, my view on this one is that I prefer the darker reds we’ve had in recent years. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna get myself the ‘stadium’ version I think. The vapour version is nicer but not 40% nicer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Gonna get myself the ‘stadium’ version I think. The vapour version is nicer but not 40% nicer.

I’m going to get the ‘plain t-shirt version for adult males’ for about a tenner. 

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

I’m going to get the ‘plain t-shirt version for adult males’ for about a tenner. 

I mean not an either or situation right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I mean not an either or situation right? 

Depends who you’re talking about. For me, it’s a neither/or situation. Because I sure as fuck ain’t wearing a football top. The fact that they’re not £100 is fucking ridiculous but personally not a factor for me; I wouldn’t wear one if they gave them away. I’m not 12 and I no longer pretend to be Rush or Fowler when having a kick about with my mates. 
 

To each their own, if you want to wear one then it’s good times. I wouldn’t, so I’ll swerve it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I generally couldn’t care less these days. I just bought my girl last seasons kit with her name and the number 8 for her 8th birthday which is coming up, and I only did that cause we’re champions and it’ll be nice to have the champions patch on the side as a memory, but while she enjoys playing football, and “likes” Liverpool because she’s wants me to be happy, and i expect her to be thrilled because it’s got her name on it, she couldn’t really care less and will have no idea it’s not the new one.

 

That said, my view on this one is that I prefer the darker reds we’ve had in recent years. 


When she was 2, I got my daughter a kit with her name & number etc on it. Cost about £50.

 

The #2 also indicated the number of times she ended up wearing it.

 

I won’t be making that mistake again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Depends who you’re talking about. For me, it’s a neither/or situation. Because I sure as fuck ain’t wearing a football top. The fact that they’re not £100 is fucking ridiculous but personally not a factor for me; I wouldn’t wear one if they gave them away. I’m not 12 and I no longer pretend to be Rush or Fowler when having a kick about with my mates. 
 

To each their own, if you want to wear one then it’s good times. I wouldn’t, so I’ll swerve it. 

Fair enough. I like footy tops. I wear em when I’m on holiday mostly in the summer with shorts.. but I never wore them in the UK. Dont know why but it just didn’t feel right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, aRdja said:

Fair enough. I like footy tops. I wear it when I’m on holiday in the summer with my shorts.. but I never wore it in the UK. Dont know why but it just didn’t feel right. 

With good reason... it isn’t. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


When she was 2, I got my daughter a kit with her name & number etc on it. Cost about £50.

 

The #2 also indicated the number of times she ended up wearing it.

 

I won’t be making that mistake again.


Did you say to her “Do us all a favour and fuck off and watch another sport then.“

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Anubis said:


Did you say to her “Do us all a favour and fuck off and watch another sport then.“


I thought about it but then they did a Hello Kitty LFC top & then she became interested again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

With good reason... it isn’t. 

 

Nah, there isn’t a good reason why adults shouldn’t wear football shirts. I don’t wear them myself but have no problem with others doing so. People should wear what they like and feel comfortable in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

 

Nah, there isn’t a good reason why adults shouldn’t wear football shirts. I don’t wear them myself but have no problem with others doing so. People should wear what they like and feel comfortable in.

That’s what I said; each to their own. My own is ‘it’s retarded, don’t do it. Other opinions may vary. I can’t help but look at a middle aged man in a football top and think... what the fuck are you doing. If he is happy, good luck to him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

That’s what I said; each to their own. My own is ‘it’s retarded, don’t do it. Other opinions may vary. I can’t help but look at a middle aged man in a football top and think... what the fuck are you doing. If he is happy, good luck to him. 

I look at plenty of people, of all ages, and think, “what are you wearing?” Generally speaking, people in this country dress abysmally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I look at plenty of people, of all ages, and think, “what are you wearing?” Generally speaking, people in this country dress abysmally.

Not just in this country and not even particularly this country. I take the general point though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven’t had a football shirt in 20 years or so, but I did just buy the 84 european cup final replica and that sound you can hear is every vagina on earth snapping shut like a steel trap.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Scott_M said:


Supporters have choices as well. 
 

If you want to wear your shirt for 5-a-side multiple times every week and feel you would benefit from the athlete version, you have the option to buy that one.

 

If you don’t, you have the option to buy a cheaper version.

 

I don’t see the issue with it. 

 

I’ve more an issue even the cheaper one is £70. Ridiculous. I remember when I was a teenager, they were only £35-40 and that was expensive in the day. I bet if you look on the Nike website an unbranded kits, you can find our shirt design for < £30 - the badge sticks another £40+ on top! 

You're right, supporters do have a choice, but it's tougher with your kids - my youngest daughter loves her kits and the little cunts in her school even know the difference between club bought shirts and ones from the likes of sports direct - with the clubs having access to smaller numbers and letters which retailers are not. So it's almost a 3 tier system - retail where you maybe pay 40/50 quid per shirt, the club where it's 70 quid and the stadium shirt at 100. 

 

However, my big issue here is not they make a "stadium" version of the shirt, it's the very idea the "regular" £70 kit isn't a "replica" at all, it would appear to just be a bad jarg version. No issue if there's some super-duper material that breathes better for elite athletes, but really is no difference to the rest of us. But the very idea one looks like something you'd pick up off a beach shop in bodrum is a fucking disgrace. I'd even have no issue if they appeared identical for everything other than the vapour logo, but one has a pattern and one doesn't. It's a fucking disgrace whichever way people want to cut it. And they wonder why people buy jarg versions from China. 

 

I also agree about the costs without the logo's, I think there was an Adidas Leicester away kit a season or two back which was normal full price and you could pick the same up in the Adidas club shirt range (where you're buying for your Sunday league team or whatever) for 15 quid ! 

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Has the sleeve sponsorship with Western Union finished?

 

Seems to be no sleeve sponsor on pics of these new tops.....??

 

Be a bit of a revenue loss if have not got a sleeve sponsor.

Yeah, I noticed that the other day. What's the bet we have a sponsor by the time the season starts and all of those "replicas" are even less replica. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

the little cunts in her school even know the difference between club bought shirts and ones from the likes of sports direct - with the clubs having access to smaller numbers and letters which retailers are not.

The names and numbers printed on the back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised if the state of the £70 version forces people into thinking they might as well buy a blag version on line.  

Can anyone post a picture of the shorts?  They are even worse.  Cynical bastards.  I don't want the club to suffer financially but I honestly wouldn't blame people/parents who think "fuck you".

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

The names and numbers printed on the back?

Yeah, so if you get a kids kit from sports direct or jjb or something, they're adult numbers and sometimes take the whole back  That's not an LFC thing, it's a PL thing. You can also only get the PL names and numbers in these retail outlets. If you want the club ones (which we use in all games except for PL), they're only available from the club shop (in store or online). That was certainly true till last season anyway. I've not tried to buy anything this season yet. Frankly, it all seems such a scam I'm tempted to buy her from China for a tenner. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Moo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the state of the £70 version forces people into thinking they might as well buy a blag version on line.  

Can anyone post a picture of the shorts?  They are even worse.  Cynical bastards.  I don't want the club to suffer financially but I honestly wouldn't blame people/parents who think "fuck you".

 

A mate of mine was saying you can get the stadium full kit for kids from China for 20 quid. He's got them for other clubs in the past (I've seen his kids in Barca kits in the past).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×