You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Completely unrelated, but this is the new Real Madrid shirt.

Is there a reason they don’t play in purple trims anymore? I loved those old white and purple (or vice versa) shirts. 

C4A19DBF-AF72-422D-8324-9B86D4EE970B.png

We chose Nike when we should have chosen adidas. Adidas look like they are getting their act together with their kits and Nike are typically pretty ordinary. I do own a few Nike hoodies and they are sound but they have fucked up their first LFC kit in my view.

7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We chose Nike when we should have chosen adidas. Adidas look like they are getting their act together with their kits and Nike are typically pretty ordinary. I do own a few Nike hoodies and they are sound but they have fucked up their first LFC kit in my view.

I prefer Adidas all day long not only their kits but trainers as well. The club didn’t fuck this up one bit though - getting the best financial deal they could is what it’s all about - being run properly off the pitch is vital. 
I’m past the point of wearing kits myself anyway. I’m sure my son will want the new one regardless of how it looks. 

28 minutes ago, El Dangerous said:

Dunno what you’re all moaning about. As a 36 year old man I think that shirt is fire. (Did I do it right?)

I think lit is the latest one that the kids are using these days. 

Although I'm 32 so there's a good chance I'm wrong too. 

7 hours ago, Juniper said:

Adidas used to sell two versions also, pretty sure Warrior did too.

Nike doing it is nothing new to us. 

But yeah, still pretty shite. 

I think the issue is not that there's a stadium shirt and a replica shirt, I think the issue is they're not the same to look at. So slightly different material might be ok, but there's lines on the stadium shirts and not the 70 quid ones. 

Edit... Sorry the image is shite, you can see it clearer on the original Twitter image. 

Screenshot_20200801-172329.jpg

37 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The amount of shit they supply the likes of Juventus, Real Madrid and the Mancs with, I highly doubt that. To be honest, all the big manufacturers are giving too much leeway to Noz Hyde (the guy behind all of our weird Warrior-era stuff) 'creative' types so every team has at least one shit kit every year. I realise it's not easy to provide unique designs every year for so many teams, but that's where the likes of Nike are going wrong.

And yet Nike have a proven formula from their past. Maybe the best thing is to provide each team with a unique design, and have each of that team's kits follow that design for that year. Nike did this for the 1998 World Cup (which was really their first high-profile tournament). Brazil, Italy, Netherlands, Nigeria, USA and South Korea all had the same design for their home and away kits, but none of the kits looked like those of another team.

Its an absolute gobshite move to make the two tops completely different. Definitely won't be buying one this time round. Its absolutely disgusting and shows FSG just think us fans are customers.

Tops are expensive enough but now we have the club putting out none genuine tops trying to pass them off as offical when they are not what the team will wear but if you want to proper real offical one its an extra £30. 

Cheeky cunts won't release money to strengthen the squad but then have the cheek to pull this shit. 

I hate Nike already.

• Upvote 1

I just checked the cost in the US...it's $165 for the players version and $90 for the replica.

What a fucking ripoff. $165 for a fucking Liverpool top? You're having a laugh.

As everybody has said, I'm never against buying the replica, but it looks fucking shit. It doesn't even look authentic.

2 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Its an absolute gobshite move to make the two tops completely different. Definitely won't be buying one this time round. Its absolutely disgusting and shows FSG just think us fans are customers.

Tops are expensive enough but now we have the club putting out none genuine tops trying to pass them off as offical when they are not what the team will wear but if you want to proper real offical one its an extra £30. 

Cheeky cunts won't release money to strengthen the squad but then have the cheek to pull this shit. 

I hate Nike already.

Fuck all to do with them. Nike do this with all their top clubs, and even the likes of Adidas and Puma are at it. The prices are horrendous these days, but when the manufacturers are paying clubs tens of millions of pounds a year, they are going to try and claw their money back somehow. I'm not saying it is right, but this is one way for them to do it.

I agree with the view that there's too much of an obvious difference between the two kits, and that's something for Nike to address in future. The (more) expensive version looks a LOT better, but I remember reading that player versions of kit are less durable because things like badges are heat transferred and will peel off after a few washes.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Fuck all to do with them. Nike do this with all their top clubs, and even the likes of Adidas and Puma are at it.

Sorry it is 100% in the hands of the club. They can negotiate whatever deal they want - they're Liverpool football club, not Accrington Stanley. They just chose this option. 

24 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

Sorry it is 100% in the hands of the club. They can negotiate whatever deal they want - they're Liverpool football club, not Accrington Stanley. They just chose this option. 

So I’ve just had a look at Nike.com and Adidas.com and every club does this these days (as did we under New Balance) but where the mancs, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, Bayern, Atletico etc etc all accept what happens with the making of their kits, because we’re Liverpool we should tell them to fuck off?

The Adidas kits are also £110.

Although I 100% the actual players kit looks better, to think we should be or will act any different to any other club is unrealistic IMO.

Not just the Nike stuff, but all our current “Champions” range is shite as well. When you see what independent sellers have come up with, it makes the official stuff look like unimaginative tripe.

Lots of grown men who 'don't wear replica shirts' complaining about this, and don't give me the 'my kids' thing either because there's no player version for children.

Player versions have existed for sale for 20 years, it's not new and we've had them with New Balance and Adidas, it's another way for the manufacturer to get more money.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Lots of grown men who 'don't wear replica shirts' complaining about this, and don't give me the 'my kids' thing either because there's no player version for children.

Yep. I’m not concerned because unless I go on holiday & can get one off an un-official source for €25, I won’t be getting one anyway.

Threads For Reds, Hat Cap Scarf & Badge, Allez The Rouge and a few others all do absolutely miles better & original clothes than the club.

Everything that is wrong with football today perfectly encapsulated in this shit.

Ripping off the fans with a bland design it must have taken them half a day to sort, selling two types of shirt with the weaker one what would normally be the full whack price. The local paper being in partnership with Nike (WTF) bigging up the reveal and falling over themselves to be relevant. Wheres the integrity?

The campaign for this is one of the reasons i got out of advertising for big corps, its shallow, contrite and unauthentic. The people behind it probably have no ties to the club whatsoever. Then you've got the Club filming the players receiving their shirts on social media, it is the state of football today, soulless fluffy shite.

I really, REALLY miss the days when footy was raw, it wasn't seen as a commercial vehicle, it was easily accessible for everybody who was interested and all anyone cared about was the performance and results on the pitch. It wasn't wall to wall coverage and the Club didn't go out of its way to extract every penny it could from its fanbase.

Even this title win has been soured to a degree, without Jurgen and some of the players joy having worked their socks off and the fans who were unfortunate enough to miss out on the halcyon days experiencing it, its a bit naff. Now its all about how many shirts we sell, how much prize money we win, what partner deals we can pull off and how much more globalised we can now be. Throw in the americanisation of the Club, I mean Moore was no Saint but he was from Liverpool, and he understood the club, not the brand, and now he's gone to be replaced by Billy Bob Hogan.

Horrible as fuck.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Everything that is wrong with football today perfectly encapsulated in this shit.

Ripping off the fans with a bland design it must have taken them half a day to sort, selling two types of shirt with the weaker one what would normally be the full whack price. The local paper being in partnership with Nike (WTF) bigging up the reveal and falling over themselves to be relevant. Wheres the integrity?

The campaign for this is one of the reasons i got out of advertising for big corps, its shallow, contrite and unauthentic. The people behind it probably have no ties to the club whatsoever. Then you've got the Club filming the players receiving their shirts on social media, it is the state of football today, soulless fluffy shite.

I really, REALLY miss the days when footy was raw, it wasn't seen as a commercial vehicle, it was easily accessible for everybody who was interested and all anyone cared about was the performance and results on the pitch. It wasn't wall to wall coverage and the Club didn't go out of its way to extract every penny it could from its fanbase.

Even this title win has been soured to a degree, without Jurgen and some of the players joy having worked their socks off and the fans who were unfortunate enough to miss out on the halcyon days experiencing it, its a bit naff. Now its all about how many shirts we sell, how much prize money we win, what partner deals we can pull off and how much more globalised we can now be. Throw in the americanisation of the Club, I mean Moore was no Saint but he was from Liverpool, and he understood the club, not the brand, and no he's gone to be replaced by Billy Bob Hogan.

Horrible as fuck.

Do us all a favour and fuck off and watch another sport then.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Ill stick around just for you. I reckon you're probably only about 20 so you're new to all this, so I will let you off.

Ok. 38, a season ticket holder since 1992 & been to every final since then as well, but never mind.

• Upvote 2