You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

13 minutes ago, John102 said:

Inspired by the attitude of ‘Scouse solidarity’, the bold, no-nonsense design reflects the mentality of its people, a mentality that makes Liverpool unique.

Its just a red top.

No, it's a red top that'll set you back just short of £100. 

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Not on jjsport etc it won't...

Fuck paying that sort of money....my lads is gonna come from where it has the last 2 seasons.

Yeah, I'll be looking there too. 

59 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Interesting, or at least surprising, that Ox is used in the promo video. 

At least they've cut down on the stupid 'embellishments' this time. 

I’m assuming that’ll be based on social media followers he and his bird have. 

6 hours ago, John102 said:

Inspired by the attitude of ‘Scouse solidarity’, the bold, no-nonsense design reflects the mentality of its people, a mentality that makes Liverpool unique.

Its just a red top.

Yeah, Nike aren't really there yet for the kind of stuff "Scouse solidarity" embodies.

https://goodonyou.eco/how-ethical-is-nike/#:~:text=Nike had been accused of,sportswear brand came under fire.

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

Interesting, or at least surprising, that Ox is used in the promo video. 

At least they've cut down on the stupid 'embellishments' this time. 

The deeper red patch on back and YNWA pattern on the sleeeve cuffs are uncecessary IMO.

A Liverpool home kit should also imo feature white on collar and cuffs.

3 kits in now and for me they still haven't got one right.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, an tha said:

The deeper red patch on back and YNWA pattern on the sleeeve cuffs are uncecessary IMO.

It’s a vast improvement on 2020-21 and 2021-22, but that wasn’t difficult. As you say, it needs a white collar and cuffs.

26 minutes ago, an tha said:

I agree. But that's always the problem once you hand over an iconic kit to designers. They feel obliged to 'design'. There's never been anything better than seeing an all-red strip, the right shade of red, rushing around the pitch. So instead we get bits of green, pink, orange and god knows what else, and on one occasion William Shatner's old Star Trek collar as well. But it's the way of the commercial world, alas.

3 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

I agree. But that's always the problem once you hand over an iconic kit to designers. They feel obliged to 'design'. There's never been anything better than seeing an all-red strip, the right shade of red, rushing around the pitch. So instead we get bits of green, pink, orange and god knows what else, and on one occasion William Shatner's old Star Trek collar as well. But it's the way of the commercial world, alas.

Sadly aye

Sometimes they get it right and still end up putting too much on - this from NB is outstanding and a lesson in what an LFC shirt should look like, but they couldn't help themselves and added a totally needless and shite white patch on both sides....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZBFJ_L-Y_sY1zF5BQTk0

6 minutes ago, an tha said:

Sadly aye

Sometimes they get it right and still end up putting too much on - this from NB is outstanding and a lesson in what an LFC shirt should look like, but they couldn't help themselves and added a totally needless and shite white patch on both sides....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZBFJ_L-Y_sY1zF5BQTk0

Yes! The patch! I'd love to have seen the Mad Men-style meeting for that. And they get paid for this nonsense!

2 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

Yes! The patch! I'd love to have seen the Mad Men-style meeting for that. And they get paid for this nonsense!

You see literally dozens of mock ups made by kids in their bedrooms on their computers that arw better than the shite these big companies designers knock out and the club sign off on.

7 minutes ago, an tha said:

You see literally dozens of mock ups made by kids in their bedrooms on their computers that arw better than the shite these big companies designers knock out and the club sign off on.

We’ve had a handful of decent home kits since the late ‘80s, whereas clubs such as Bayern Munich and Real Madrid, regularly have boss kits.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Same here. Just comes across as lazy

52 minutes ago, John102 said:

I always find the discussion around our home kit fascinating. 

I think the scale from atrocious to classic kit is separated by a white trim.

The design of football kits is important stuff, you bastard. I like to buy footy shirts and keep them unworn, in mint condition, neatly folded in drawers.

• Upvote 1