You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

On 29/10/2019 at 08:22, dockers_strike said:

The club hasnt been trumpeting £70m, the club has been quiet on how much the actual deal is worth other than they were looking for a bigger deal than they had. It is only the media outlets like the Echo etc saying the deal was 70m, worth more than united's deal etc, etc. Then it was only when disclosed in the court papers that the deal was for a £30m base payment with 20% bonus add ons.

Where do the media outlets get their stories? There's no journalism left. They just take briefs from the club and print it. 

I've always had a soft spot for NB and thought they've did some excellent kits.

Most of the Nike kits have been appalling and the influencer nonces can go and fuck themselves

The money better be good and we better get Mmbappe although he does seem like a bit of a surly twat

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

Where do the media outlets get their stories? There's no journalism left. They just take briefs from the club and print it. 

Oh come on. You've just spun a half truth to represent what you want ie the club's deal isnt what it trumpeted. Point in question, yes, the club has a kit deal coming to an end and looking for a new deal. The club is also on a higher upward trajectory and currently European Champions. Even coco would be looking for more money than the current one.

I havent seen a single article with direct quotes from the club suggesting any figure they're looking for. But clearly they're going to be looking to sign a bigger deal. They'd do that even if the club wasnt on such a high.

But you've taken it as a given that the club was trumpeting a 70m deal when it's done no such thing. That then becomes the stick to beat the club or rather the US owners not delivering or just taking bullshit or spending the unacknowledge extra money on a yatch.

Any event, the Court has again chucked out NB's appeal and Liverpool should be signing up with Nike very soon.

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Oh come on. You've just spun a half truth to represent what you want ie the club's deal isnt what it trumpeted. Point in question, yes, the club has a kit deal coming to an end and looking for a new deal. The club is also on a higher upward trajectory and currently European Champions. Even coco would be looking for more money than the current one.

I havent seen a single article with direct quotes from the club suggesting any figure they're looking for. But clearly they're going to be looking to sign a bigger deal. They'd do that even if the club wasnt on such a high.

But you've taken it as a given that the club was trumpeting a 70m deal when it's done no such thing. That then becomes the stick to beat the club or rather the US owners not delivering or just taking bullshit or spending the unacknowledge extra money on a yatch.

Any event, the Court has again chucked out NB's appeal and Liverpool should be signing up with Nike very soon.

It doesn't prove my point. I'm pretty certain the club have got as good a deal as they can get, but I find it interesting the club are effectively backing themselves by taking a very small guaranteed payment. I am also pretty certain it'll be a little less than what they were aiming for when they started the process. The briefings from the word go were almost word for word identical from all of the usual suspects in the press of wanting more than the deal the mancs have. 

As for putting direct quotes of what they were looking for, has any club done that ever in the entire history of football? 

It doesn't matter if it's sport or how our national politics are reported. It's nearly all now done through off the record briefings that mean no comment is traceable. I would be pretty sure Liverpool (or any other club in the same situation for that matter) would have NDA's in place to prevent them talking publicly about any negotiations. The very idea there would be on the record quotes of this type of thing is preposterous. And if it wasn't for the court case, I would guess we wouldn't even know about this low guaranteed sum, we'd have just briefed the deal is with 60m/70m or whatever it's estimated to be worth. 

• 1 month later...

Apparently, these are what New Balance had in store for us next season had they extended their deal.

Home kit

Away kit

Goalkeeper kit

The home kit looks almost like a sweatshirt, but I do like the shield-around-the-badge motif on all 3 designs. I'm guessing the last one is a goalkeeper kit because we don't normally get 2 black away kits, and the sleeve design is the sort of thing the manufacturers do with goalkeeper kits.

3 hours ago, R BENO said:

Cant believe they are genuine seeing as they are on someones kitchen worktop. Even New Balance aren't that cheap. 

Worse yet, there's no contrast between the work surface, the cupboard doors and the laminate flooring. It's a design disaster. I'd have liked to see some tasteful candles, perhaps a burgundy tea/coffe/sugar set, and even a vase of flowers to raise the overall feel.

Trumo, is this your kitchen? I'm disappointed. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, rb14 said:

Worse yet, there's no contrast between the work surface, the cupboard doors and the laminate flooring. It's a design disaster. I'd have liked to see some tasteful candles, perhaps a burgundy tea/coffe/sugar set, and even a vase of flowers to raise the overall feel.

The grouting needs a bloody good scrub as well. 

5 hours ago, rb14 said:

You Colin or Justin?

6 hours ago, rb14 said:

Get the fuck outta here!

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/12/2019 at 16:38, Trumo said:

Apparently, these are what New Balance had in store for us next season had they extended their deal.

Home kit

Away kit

Goalkeeper kit

The home kit looks almost like a sweatshirt, but I do like the shield-around-the-badge motif on all 3 designs. I'm guessing the last one is a goalkeeper kit because we don't normally get 2 black away kits, and the sleeve design is the sort of thing the manufacturers do with goalkeeper kits.

Hmmm. Not fussed on the shield around the badge, and that away kit - we’re not competing in a light cycle race in Tron.