You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Staggering how these companies keep on getting it so wrong.

It was like this - a nice enough design, but why blue, change blue to red and you had a good LFC change kit.

x8gixlbnaxelun6v6yjg.jpg

I loved that kit personally, bought it for my lad at the time and it looked ace, still does to me.

I made peace with blue on our away kits when we won the FA Cup in blue shorts in 2001.

As long as the home kit's red (and not like this seasons abomination), it'll do.

Nike can seriously fuck off though. I knew their kits for us would be shite!

On 15/03/2022 at 16:42, Alan Sex said:

I was reading somewhere that the pics are a mock up of a design Nike scrapped for our away kit. 

Rumour has it they are going with white for the away. 

White with bright pink piping, collar and trim going by Nike's previous efforts. Oh and a random patch of purple somewhere too. 

5 hours ago, JohnnyH said:

One of the worst parts of Liverpool fan social media culture is “concept kits”. Every one of those twats can get in a volcano

Why? It’s just people designing footy kits. I used to create loads when I was a kid. Footy “banter” is the worst thing about football fan social media culture. 

• Upvote 2

One of the worst parts of Liverpool fan social media culture is “concept kits”. Every one of those twats can get in a volcano

Bit harsh Johnny, some of them are better than some of the rubbish that gets put out by manufacturers. New Balance were the exception in my view as theirs generally were very good.

I've seen some absolute belters doing the rounds to be fair. Far better than anything we actually end up wearing. 

Although I do agree to a point, Christy Brown won a competition and designed this for Celtic 

5AD63BBB-0FF3-A772-666C5ACB2DD4C70F.jpg

I don't get the hand wringing over away and third kits. Of course, you have to respect the tradition with the home kits. You make it red and don't mess with it too much. Ok. That's why this year's is a bit borderline and it arguably doesn't look fantastic. But the away and third kits are carte blanche. Who cares what colour they are? 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't get the hand wringing over away and third kits. Of course, you have to respect the tradition with the home kits. You make it red and don't mess with it too much. Ok. That's why this year's is a bit borderline and it arguably doesn't look fantastic. But the away and third kits are carte blanche. Who cares what colour they are? 

Miserable, old (well, older than young lads such as yourself) cunts like me, remember a time when away and third kits were the same colours, year in, year out. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Miserable, old (well, older than young lads such as yourself) cunts like me, remember a time when away and third kits were the same colours, year in, year out. 

They haven’t been for 25 years at least Tony. 

40 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I know, mate. Doesn’t stop me moaning about it, though.  

You could win the euro millions and complain that the sum was an odd number. 

"63 million are you having a laugh? Why do you have to be different couldn't you just round it up or down instead of trying to purposely be awkward just to wind me up, people like you bring the country down fuck off shove it up you arse give me my 2.50 back" 

• Upvote 1