Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

On 18/01/2022 at 13:47, Red_or_Dead said:

If it's real then fair game.  But can't see them doing something so plain - they'll realease a home shirt with some stupid colour on it somewhere - I'm saying they'll go for blue collars this year.

That's just the template before they start adding shit to it. 

Work with a girl who did 6 months as an intern at Adidas several years ago. She has no interest in football whatsoever but fancied living in Germany for a while so she could go to all the Christmas markets they do over there.

She reckoned that they used to get all the interns to go into a room and basically design the kits. They'd be told we need a red kit or whatever and they'd get 5 different red combinations and put together whatever they fancied, Would explain the various abominations that teams have been forced to wear over the years

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, mattyq said:

Work with a girl who did 6 months as an intern at Adidas several years ago. She has no interest in football whatsoever but fancied living in Germany for a while so she could go to all the Christmas markets they do over there.

She reckoned that they used to get all the interns to go into a room and basically design the kits. They'd be told we need a red kit or whatever and they'd get 5 different red combinations and put together whatever they fancied, Would explain the various abominations that teams have been forced to wear over the years

It would explain why we think they've been designed by 5 year olds,they more or less have.

9 hours ago, mattyq said:

Followed by some sort of comedy improv session where the marketing team take whatever rubbish the interns have farted out and try to explain how it reflects the club's heritage.

10 hours ago, mattyq said:

Adidas have James Webb as product designer, I imagine they're paying him a fair amount of money given he's worked his way through both Nike and Adidas as a designer at various levels.

10 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

Adidas have James Webb as product designer, I imagine they're paying him a fair amount of money given he's worked his way through both Nike and Adidas as a designer at various levels.

He's obviously doing a much better job than the idiots at Nike.

Man City barely breaking a million shirts, playing behind closed doors for a season - but realise record revenues.

Nothing bent about that at all, no siree!

50 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

Understandable. Best set of kits we’ve had in a long long time.

12 minutes ago, an tha said:

Man City barely breaking a million shirts, playing behind closed doors for a season - but realise record revenues.

Nothing bent about that at all, no siree!

Behave. They've just signed a £200m a year sponsorship with Ali's Vape shop in the Al Zahiyah shopping centre in Abu Dhabi. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Understandable. Best set of kits we’ve had in a long long time.

Bought my lad the 3rd kit with the green collars. Looks really nice tbf. Hope they release some of the concept stuff I've seen online - I don't usually buy kits for myself, but would consider some of that.

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Bought my lad the 3rd kit with the green collars. Looks really nice tbf. Hope they release some of the concept stuff I've seen online - I don't usually buy kits for myself, but would consider some of that.

That’s the away jersey isn’t it? The third is yellow. Either way yeah it’s really nice. The yellow one is growing on me too. 

1 minute ago, aRdja said:

That’s the away jersey isn’t it? The third is yellow. Either way yeah it’s really nice. The yellow one is growing on me too. 

Yeah, that's the one, my mistake. The yellow one is nice as well, but the trim puts me off.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Harry Squatter said:

Behave. They've just signed a £200m a year sponsorship with Ali's Vape shop in the Al Zahiyah shopping centre in Abu Dhabi. 

And that is just for Doris the tea lady's trolley...

1 hour ago, Rushies tash said:

Yeah, that's the one, my mistake. The yellow one is nice as well, but the trim puts me off.

Only saw the yellow one properly before and saw the 1985 style pinstripe on it. The collar does ruin the kit though. 

23 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The current home kit is atrocious. 

I disagree. The vapor version is great, 

20 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I disagree. The vapor version is great, 

The home kit should be red and white (or potentially yellow) with no variations. For the away kits they can do what they like, within reason. 

38 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

The home kit should be red and white (or potentially yellow) with no variations. For the away kits they can do what they like, within reason. 

It just looks nice. The black collar is indeed a bit odd, it would’ve been all time without that.