Jump to content
Paulie Dangerously

Nike deal

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, GR10 LFC said:

I just ordered a tracksuit from there the other week. Tracking showed it leaving China on Monday 9th. Got a text and email from Royal Mail on Friday afternoon (20th) that it had cleared customs and it was delivered Saturday morning. Excellent quality for £20 - will do me for running in the winter.

That actually looks quite smart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, GR10 LFC said:

I just ordered a tracksuit from there the other week. Tracking showed it leaving China on Monday 9th. Got a text and email from Royal Mail on Friday afternoon (20th) that it had cleared customs and it was delivered Saturday morning. Excellent quality for £20 - will do me for running in the winter.

Nice Manchester United tracky that ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nah, Liverpool away colours. Those trackie bottoms are awful, skintight things, though.

Fit me ok! TBH, they're not as skin tight as the photos look. As I said, only bought them for running in colder weather - cheaper than going out and buying from elsewhere!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, GR10 LFC said:

Fit me ok! TBH, they're not as skin tight as the photos look. As I said, only bought them for running in colder weather - cheaper than going out and buying from elsewhere!

Tight trackie bottoms and cold weather might not be the best combination!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2021 at 14:30, Salou said:

we are making more money commercially including from the kit deal but of course thats taken away from losses in other forms of revenue such as match day and tv


I really is that simple. I genuinely don’t understand some posters failure to grasp this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Scott_M said:


I really is that simple. I genuinely don’t understand some posters failure to grasp this. 

 

You including yourself in that then as you said you'd be pissed off didn't you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Daisy said:

 

You including yourself in that then as you said you'd be pissed off didn't you? 


Not relevant to the 2 posts this relates to but I did & I will be. I can live without a midfielder, we have the numbers.

 

I still want us to sign an attacker. I don’t think Origi & Minamino are up to it. If we avoid injuries, we can still achieve what we want this season, but I would much prefer somebody else to come in.

 

Difference being, I won’t be pissing my pants all over the forum if it doesn’t happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott_M said:


Not relevant to the 2 posts this relates to but I did & I will be. I can live without a midfielder, we have the numbers.

 

I still want us to sign an attacker. I don’t think Origi & Minamino are up to it. If we avoid injuries, we can still achieve what we want this season, but I would much prefer somebody else to come in.

 

Difference being, I won’t be pissing my pants all over the forum if it doesn’t happen. 

Why would you be pissed off if you agree we have no money to spend? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Why would you be pissed off if you agree we have no money to spend? 


If we can’t afford somebody we genuinely believe will add the quality we need or we don’t think anybody out there is good enough, then I’ll be disappointed but understand it. 
 

If stories come out we tried a late deal for X player but ran out of time or wouldn’t pay a little bit more to get it over the line, then I’ll be pissed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:


If we can’t afford somebody we genuinely believe will add the quality we need or we don’t think anybody out there is good enough, then I’ll be disappointed but understand it. 
 

If stories come out we tried a late deal for X player but ran out of time or wouldn’t pay a little bit more to get it over the line, then I’ll be pissed. 

 

So you will only be pissed if we try and fail, but you won't be pissed if we don't bother trying at all because we are pleading poverty while all our rivals above and below us find a way to splash considerable sums of money? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Daisy said:

 

So you will only be pissed if we try and fail, but you won't be pissed if we don't bother trying at all because we are pleading poverty while all our rivals above and below us find a way to splash considerable sums of money? 

 

I’ve stated my position. I thought it was very clear to understand. 
 

We obviously like Mbappe and Chiesa. Unfortunately they are out of our price range. 
 

If we (ie Klopp & Edwards) deem, say Bowen, good for us but if make attempts and fail between now and Tuesday, then I’ll be pissed off. 
 

If we don’t believe there are affordable players who will sufficiently improve us available before Tuesday, then I’ll be disappointed because I think there is, but I’m not a full paid professional to do this work, so I’ll accept it. 
 

I don’t give a fuck what our rivals our spending. Have you worked out the difference between a loan and a transfer yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Scott_M said:

 

I’ve stated my position. I thought it was very clear to understand. 
 

We obviously like Mbappe and Chiesa. Unfortunately they are out of our price range. 
 

If we (ie Klopp & Edwards) deem, say Bowen, good for us but if make attempts and fail between now and Tuesday, then I’ll be pissed off. 
 

If we don’t believe there are affordable players who will sufficiently improve us available before Tuesday, then I’ll be disappointed but accept it. 
 

I don’t give a fuck what our rivals our spending. Have you worked out the difference between a loan and a transfer yet? 

 

You said it was really simple that we have no money to spend but everyone else is managing it. 

 

If you really think that romero has gone on a genuine loan to spurs then that explains everything about how your little mind processes everything you are fed to believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

 

You said it was really simple that we have no money to spend but everyone else is managing it. 

 

If you really think that romero has gone on a genuine loan to spurs then that explains everything about how your little mind processes everything you are fed to believe. 

 

If we didn't have a £40m loss last year and a forecast £80m loss this year, then I'm sure we'd more active in the market.

 

The direct quote to start with was on the Nike deal with your divvy mate Stroganoff moaning what the point of the Nike deal if we're skint. A poster correctly pointed out that it's being offset against other expenditure.

 

New Balance was worth c.£30m per year. Nike is worth c.£25m +20% of sales per year. Top end estimates say it could take us to c.£70m per year., which I'll use. So, if we stuck with New Balance our losses would be £40m more in 2020 (£-80m) & 2021 (-£120m) than they currently are. 

 

That bit really is very simple to understand.

 

Myself and plenty other posters have been over the reasons why other clubs have been able to spend (bank loans, sales, player loans, owners) but you seem to be ignoring it. I'm not going through it again. If you're that precious that Palace & Norwich have spent more than us then your even more pathetic than I thought. 

 

Romero has officially been registered as a loan. Whatever happens next summer, happens next summer. Can't argue with facts... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

 

If we didn't have a £40m loss last year and a forecast £80m loss this year, then I'm sure we'd more active in the market.

 

The direct quote to start with was on the Nike deal with your divvy mate Stroganoff moaning what the point of the Nike deal if we're skint. A poster correctly pointed out that it's being offset against other expenditure.

 

New Balance was worth c.£30m per year. Nike is worth c.£25m +20% of sales per year. Top end estimates say it could take us to c.£70m per year., which I'll use. So, if we stuck with New Balance our losses would be £40m more in 2020 (£-80m) & 2021 (-£120m) than they currently are. 

 

That bit really is very simple to understand.

 

Myself and plenty other posters have been over the reasons why other clubs have been able to spend (bank loans, sales, player loans, owners) but you seem to be ignoring it. I'm not going through it again. If you're that precious that Palace & Norwich have spent more than us then your even more pathetic than I thought. 

 

Romero has officially been registered as a loan. Whatever happens next summer, happens next summer. Can't argue with facts... 

New balance was £45 million per year. 

 

And why would take top end estimates when shops have been shut for a year and Nike have been unable to fulfil demand for Web sales? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Daisy said:

New balance was £45 million per year. 

 

And why would take top end estimates when shops have been shut for a year and Nike have been unable to fulfil demand for Web sales? 

 

It was hypothetical. It still shoes the losses would have been more with NB, which was the whole initial point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×