You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Just ordered the new home 'stadium' short sleeve shirt from our friends in the East. Seems like the sizes have changed? I ordered the yellow in XL to fit my chest size according to their chart of 56 - 58cms.

In the new home, this seems to be an XXL! I'll see what the fit is like in a couple of weeks!

Sounds like you’ve maybe ordered yourself disco fit. 

Skin tight baby. 

• 2 weeks later...

My home 'stadium' shirt turned up in the post today from our friends out East. Ordered on 20 July so again, pretty quick and it only arrived in the UK on 2 August.

The size chart for this season's incarnations seems to have changed. Last time I ordered the yellow 'stadium' in XL as pit to pit, the chart stated 56 to 58cms. That fits nice on me because I dont like baggy or slim fit shirts, especially for running.

This season's home 'stadium' shirt, an XL is only 54-55cms and I thought that might be a bit tight so went with the 2XL which is 56 to 57cms, note, 1 cm less than the yellow's XL!

The home 2XL seems a tiny big bigger but that might just be first impressions. Strangely, the sizes chart says there may also be a 1-3cms variation due to 'manual measurement' which all in all, makes it a tad difficult to get the right size!

Even more strangely, the player fit home 2XL shows the size as 56 to 57cms as well!

I also dropped a size on the shorts from XL to L and these fit fine. Quality of the shirts and shorts are great. I dont know if you can tell the difference close up between puka and these? The only difference I did notice is the yellow seem to have been pressed while the red has a lot of creases!

I read someone has made 2 separate orders which had been impounded by Royal Mail. I selected RM as the delivery option rather than the far east alternative and kept my order under the 30 quid UK customs limit. I dont know if all that makes a difference to the impounded ones?

Hope others who want to order find the info useful.

My home 'stadium' shirt turned up in the post today from our friends out East. Ordered on 20 July so again, pretty quick and it only arrived in the UK on 2 August.

The size chart for this season's incarnations seems to have changed. Last time I ordered the yellow 'stadium' in XL as pit to pit, the chart stated 56 to 58cms. That fits nice on me because I dont like baggy or slim fit shirts, especially for running.

This season's home 'stadium' shirt, an XL is only 54-55cms and I thought that might be a bit tight so went with the 2XL which is 56 to 57cms, note, 1 cm less than the yellow's XL!

The home 2XL seems a tiny big bigger but that might just be first impressions. Strangely, the sizes chart says there may also be a 1-3cms variation due to 'manual measurement' which all in all, makes it a tad difficult to get the right size!

Even more strangely, the player fit home 2XL shows the size as 56 to 57cms as well!

I also dropped a size on the shorts from XL to L and these fit fine. Quality of the shirts and shorts are great. I dont know if you can tell the difference close up between puka and these? The only difference I did notice is the yellow seem to have been pressed while the red has a lot of creases!

I read someone has made 2 separate orders which had been impounded by Royal Mail. I selected RM as the delivery option rather than the far east alternative and kept my order under the 30 quid UK customs limit. I dont know if all that makes a difference to the impounded ones?

Hope others who want to order find the info useful.

Question is will you look like an over stuffed sausage or someone wearing an LFC Mumu a'la Homer Simpson? 

9 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Dont know mate. I figure the young pups and arseholes in cars and vans would hurl abuse at me trying to run no matter what I was wearing!

Oh right, yeah I get that!  Happens to me all the time when I'm cycling.  And I'm 33 inch waist. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Alan Sex said:

Looks like the dark green leaks were right for the 3rd kit. 

I don’t mind it at all - although if I was to be picky, the red sleeve bands could have been much thinner. 

I was on holiday in Turkey last week and they had them there, they looked fucking shit. But they might have been bad blags as the 2nd kit was like a few photos on here from China with the black collars. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

It’s all completely jarg though? Nothing matches what they actually wear.

Not at all it is all spot on.

Been getting my lads kits off there last 2-3 seasons.

Best to wait until after the official stuff is released though - the blag stuff that is out before official releases is often rubbish.....but once the official stuff is out the blag stuff is dead on.

My mate bought a trackie top and bottoms last season and they were dead on.

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Not at all it is all spot on.

Been getting my lads kits off there last 2-3 seasons.

Best to wait until after the official stuff is released though - the blag stuff that is out before official releases is often rubbish.....but once the official stuff is out the blag stuff is dead on.

My mate bought a trackie top and bottoms last season and they were dead on.

I got my daughter a training kit she liked this season. The size was fine, but the kit was fucking awful. I've been sound with all the match shirts though. And she wanted the home goalie top which is sold out with LFC, but no issue with these jarg ones. 

How are Nike still failing to keep up with demand for our kits (yes, ok, Covid etc but still). The stock doesn’t last 5 minutes, the big selling point was that they had more factories and better distribution networks than New Balance but you can’t get hold of loads of it across all sizes.

I wanted last seasons away kit and waited for it to be restocked, was happy to buy it from the club. In the end I just bought a copy from jjsport24 which looks just as good, though I don’t think it’d survive that many washes.

Would love to see how much money we’ve actually made from this deal.

10 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

It’s all completely jarg though? Nothing matches what they actually wear.

Well unless you buy the player version from the club, none of the 'stadium' labelled gear matches what the players wear.

Ive got 2 sets from our friends out east, both the 'stadium' version yellow and current home.

Apart from the size of the current home being larger than expected because they fucked up the size chart, now corrected, both shirts are fine. They both look like the 'stadium' version the clubs sells for what, 60 quid? Each shirt cost me £11.29. Postage was £4 but I included shorts with both orders.

I cant speak for the DHGates versions because their website always causes Firefox latest version to crash!

2 hours ago, Original202 said:

How are Nike still failing to keep up with demand for our kits (yes, ok, Covid etc but still). The stock doesn’t last 5 minutes, the big selling point was that they had more factories and better distribution networks than New Balance but you can’t get hold of loads of it across all sizes.

I wanted last seasons away kit and waited for it to be restocked, was happy to buy it from the club. In the end I just bought a copy from jjsport24 which looks just as good, though I don’t think it’d survive that many washes.

Would love to see how much money we’ve actually made from this deal.

I think Nike have been blaming post covid supply chain issues. 

Well unless you buy the player version from the club, none of the 'stadium' labelled gear matches what the players wear.

Ive got 2 sets from our friends out east, both the 'stadium' version yellow and current home.

Apart from the size of the current home being larger than expected because they fucked up the size chart, now corrected, both shirts are fine. They both look like the 'stadium' version the clubs sells for what, 60 quid? Each shirt cost me £11.29. Postage was £4 but I included shorts with both orders.

I cant speak for the DHGates versions because their website always causes Firefox latest version to crash!

Stadium version off the club is 75 quid I think and that's before any names and numbers, which I think is another 15 quid and more again for the badges. 100+ for the player one 

It's better than the LSD away kit. The kits for the upcoming World Cup have all been released and Nike's latest stuff seems to be some way behind Adidas and even Puma. I'm just not a fan of the cut on the new Nike shirts, and the player versions make all our players look like they need a steak and ale diet.

That said, I definitely see a lot more people wearing Liverpool stuff now than when we were with NB and Warrior. No doubt some of it will have been ordered from those jarg websites but I would think the vast majority is official stuff.