You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

On 13/05/2022 at 15:40, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Adidas can shove all the fucking awful clown-costumes they dressed us in back in the Nineties up their sweaty hoops.

I actually liked them. I had Reebok and Adidas kits back then. I wouldnt have been disappointed with New Balance either but Nike are largely shite.

6 hours ago, No2 said:

JJSport

That's some shit luck.

I've had 4 separate deliveries from them and never once any bother from customs.

Although the kids home socks this year are a noticeable different shade of red to the shorts and shirt which was a bit disappointing. 

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

It’s a no from me.

No doubt the target markets will love it. 

Not sure what the deal is with these flashes of neon colours that blatantly clash with the main colour all the time. 

We've had one nice kit under Nike. This year's away with the proper collar. 

On 14/06/2022 at 17:15, Aventus said:

Anyone know any decent hard wearing footballs I could buy? I want one for my lad that will last a while, with the ones he gets after 10 minutes of it on concrete at the park they look like a pit bull has been at it. 

The only options seem to be decent ones which are very easy to destroy, or heavy duty ones that you'd break your foot on if you tried kicking it. Surely it can't be that difficult to make a lightweight football that isn't covered in foam. 

The Mitre Tactic used to be absolute dynamite. We'd play 'slam' with those all day on the concrete at the school and they'd be none-the-worse for it.

There was this one veranda next to the playground that was absolutely perfect for it. If you caught it at the right angle you could spin it behind the wall and had to play some mad snooker style shot to get it back into play. Good times. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

IMG_20220615_212850_961.jpg

That is not the new 3rd kit. The main colour and trim colours are correct (as per that ASOS photo on the previous page), but the design on the front is different, and the collar design on the one above is what Nike were giving everybody after the last World Cup. Apparently the kit will have the same swirl marks as the white away kit posted above. As with our new home kit, all of Nike's new kits have that rounded off cut between underarm and collar.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Trumo said:

That is not the new 3rd kit. The main colour and trim colours are correct (as per that ASOS photo on the previous page), but the design on the front is different, and the collar design on the one above is what Nike were giving everybody after the last World Cup. Apparently the kit will have the same swirl marks as the white away kit posted above. As with our new home kit, all of Nike's new kits have that rounded off cut between underarm and collar.

Which makes them look like they are being worn back to front.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

That's some shit luck.

I've had 4 separate deliveries from them and never once any bother from customs.

Although the kids home socks this year are a noticeable different shade of red to the shorts and shirt which was a bit disappointing. 

Fucking EU with there intellectual properties shit, team Brexit.

20220617_103125.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 15/06/2022 at 03:13, Bob Spunkmouse said:

It’s not Nike, but I got two T-shirts from Hat Scarf or a Badge arrived today as birthday present from my mom and dad.

first I’ve ever bought from them and dead happy with them.

Got these two…

963D5FF5-BAC7-4466-92B9-6A9324CED86E.jpeg

F00B0491-B5F3-49DD-9E9D-8F3FB5172BA7.jpeg

Grey one is sound.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

FSG will be shutting their pants over this as their deal is based on sales. Show long does the contract run, is it only 5 years and we're heading into the 3rd? 

Yeah would be an absolute disaster given way deal is set up.

I'd imagine they'll have some sort of way out if it was something nike brought in.

No idea how long deal is for.

Of course a change like this would change the nature of the game and deals for all clubs and manufacturers going forward.

30 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

FSG will be shutting their pants over this as their deal is based on sales. Show long does the contract run, is it only 5 years and we're heading into the 3rd? 

They'll just have to sell our star players so people couldn't wear their shirts anymore.

tenor (10).gif