You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

3 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I must be an old fart, as I'd never heard of Castore.

Logo looks like a droopy Fred Perry one.

Think they've been going less than 10 years, first team they got was the Glasgow Hun when Gerrard was manager. They're up to about 10 teams now in UK and Europe, and few more to come next year I'm told.

3 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Didn’t they start with a personal sponsorship with Rooney? 

I don't know to be honest mate, I was just referring to their involvement in manufacturing club kits.

I know they've got a big deal with Andy Murray because they made him a minority shareholder and through him they sponsor the Davis Cup team. They've a few cricket team deals going too including England now.

Not sure about the Rooney thing, I know the brothers who started it are from up this neck of the woods, Wirral I think, but the company’s based in Manchester now.

I read a few of the Football kit sites, and their name seems to appear as often as Adidas, Umbro, Nike and Puma these days.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Castore footy kits are shite. I’ve never seen anyone wear their clothes. Are they popular?

Dunno to be honest, they just seem to be hoovering up kit contracts like there's no tomorrow.

So far they've got:

Rangers, Newcastle, Wolves  Aston Villa, MK Dons, Charlton, Salford City, Sevilla, Almeria, Leverkusen.

They've apparently got lined up:

Feyenoord, SV Hamburg.

31 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Castore are fronted by 2 young manc brothers. They've had some serious, mysterious injections of money to enable them to sign up football clubs and others despite starting out less than 10 years ago.

How a company with the type of turnover they have can sign up so many deals with football teams/formula one/cricket surely needs some digging into. They signed up rangers for 25 million over 5 years after having raised 7.5 million only the year before in investment...revenue according to Forbes article that I found seems to be less than 10 million a year (though not sure on the year that was). 

Whatever is going on with that company really worthwhile it being looked at deeper. Something not right there, also interesting to see that Newcastle, Wolves, Aston Villa, Salford and Almeria all with mega rich billionaire owners signing up...surely the investors in castore won't have links to any of these owners...

1 hour ago, dockers_strike said:

Castore are fronted by 2 young manc brothers. They've had some serious, mysterious injections of money to enable them to sign up football clubs and others despite starting out less than 10 years ago.

Thought they were from the Wirral? Liverpool born apparently.

11 hours ago, Salou said:

How a company with the type of turnover they have can sign up so many deals with football teams/formula one/cricket surely needs some digging into. They signed up rangers for 25 million over 5 years after having raised 7.5 million only the year before in investment...revenue according to Forbes article that I found seems to be less than 10 million a year (though not sure on the year that was). 

Whatever is going on with that company really worthwhile it being looked at deeper. Something not right there, also interesting to see that Newcastle, Wolves, Aston Villa, Salford and Almeria all with mega rich billionaire owners signing up...surely the investors in castore won't have links to any of these owners...

They probably own the Leather shop in Central Station and the Florida Property Centre on the Childwall fiveways. 

20 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

Think they've been going less than 10 years, first team they got was the Glasgow Hun when Gerrard was manager. They're up to about 10 teams now in UK and Europe, and few more to come next year I'm told.

Think they've got the England cricket team now too. 

12 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I thought they were from Birkenhead, but have made their money based from Manchester. 

On 11/06/2022 at 15:51, an tha said:

Happened across this site today - much like footy classics where the retro LFC shirts and that are (assume is same people)

Some really good retro Germany and Argentina shirts amongst many others.

Really tempted by the Argentina 86 and Germany 90 shirts....

https://european-classics.com/

How does something like that not get shut down? 

13 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

Bloody hell, you're on a proper puritanical streak at the moment Chris!

Haha, not my intention. Just it's so blatant and out there! I'm not sure why a manufacturer that is paying hundreds of millions for these rights isn't on that stuff immediately. 

Tried on the player version of the new shirt today, and Nike seem to have made a right balls-up with their sizing. I'm usually a size M but the new size M is a bit too baggy, and the new size S is OK around the shoulders and arms but extremely tight around the body. I'm quite slim but anyone with a bit of timber is really going to struggle. I need something in between which would be more like the old size M. The player version with the added details looks miles better than the 'stadium' version. I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who can get me a massive discount from Nike direct so I'll buy a legit one. Just need to think about sizing up.

4 hours ago, Chris said:

Haha, not my intention. Just it's so blatant and out there! I'm not sure why a manufacturer that is paying hundreds of millions for these rights isn't on that stuff immediately. 

I could be wrong here, but i feel they don't care as they aren't manufacturing the stuff that is being sold there themselves so no competition and it is advertising their brands for them.

Someone buys one of these blag adidas germany 90 shirts and then decides to buy a pair of samba's to wear with it... 

Just my feeling on it.

• Upvote 1