You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

3 hours ago, an tha said:

The deeper red patch on back and YNWA pattern on the sleeeve cuffs are uncecessary IMO.

A Liverpool home kit should also imo feature white on collar and cuffs.

3 kits in now and for me they still haven't got one right.

Be thankful for small mercies. The "design" twattery on the new shirt is muted by Nike standards.

18 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

It's shite, so I reckon they could manage it.

I like that....don't like the shaded material/pattern - but get rid of that and that is IMO a proper LFC shirt.

Crest should be gold mind.

25 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The numbers are fucking awful.

Screenshot_2022-05-05-21-50-55-15_a23b203fd3aafc6dcb84e438dda678b6.jpg

Nothing wrong with the current club font. Easy to read and no pointless flourishes. The new one is like an even shitter version of the font Adidas gave their teams at the last World Cup, and is quite jarring against the general simplicity of the kit itself. One of the things the Premier League has done right is to have a league-wide font that is easy to read on any kit. And they've kept the same one for 10 years at a time.

It is supposed to be inspired by liverpool steet signs....

"The club has introduced a new LFC name and number style for the back of shirt, which also takes inspiration from the city, with a contemporary take on Liverpool’s historic street signs."

The mix of upper and lower case looks really fucking stupid IMO.

2022-23-lfc-name-and-number-05052022-cov

On 04/05/2022 at 17:50, Tony Moanero said:

Thanks. I’ve got into the habit of only drinking orange Lucozade Sport, so I need something less sugary.

I drink that,but only after the gym or some type of exercise. Used to love the original stuff that came in a can. It was not too fizzy and lovely when cold.

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Erm, they did but without the dogshit pattern?

When was that - as i must have missed it.

If you are referring to that shit thing with the green on collar and back to front neck on back and white line down side - then erm no....

14 minutes ago, Red_or_Dead said:

We normally wear the new kit on the last game of the season, so will we be wearing it in the European Cup final?  I do hope so, as it's a fucking shame to be winning loads of stuff in that current shite kit!

A lot of teams wear the next season's kit for the last league game (which is one for the Shitness thread, in my opinion) but we won the 2018/19 European Cup in the 2018/19 kit, which is as it should be.

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

A lot of teams wear the next season's kit for the last league game (which is one for the Shitness thread, in my opinion) but we won the 2018/19 European Cup in the 2018/19 kit, which is as it should be.

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

As long as we're winning things not too fussed what they wear really. This season, next season, 1977 season. 

Yeah, I agree with both of you.  But it's just annoying that our best ever season has such a poor shirt.  Still, I wasn't thinking about that when jumping around my living room after the League Cup Final.

• Upvote 1

On 06/05/2022 at 13:37, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Wasn’t that a peace offering from Nike to New Balance? 

I just got an e-mail from Adidas about their reissue of the manc '90-92 shirt/gear.

I thought for a moment that they're lucky bastards, then spat my water out all over my laptop at how silly I was being.

Nah, I feel the same. Arsenal are getting loads of nice retro gear released too. Deeply frustrating that all we got was two home shirts and a couple of track jackets in our last 5 years with Adidas. It would be a licence to print money.

Though I see loads in the blag club retro shirts these days, even the crap Reebok years sell well and that'll be all going direct to the club rather than a % to Adidas, for example.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mook said:

I just got an e-mail from Adidas about their reissue of the manc '90-92 shirt/gear.

I thought for a moment that they're lucky bastards, then spat my water out all over my laptop at how silly I was being.

Adidas can shove all the fucking awful clown-costumes they dressed us in back in the Nineties up their sweaty hoops.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Mook said:

Adidas’ retro footy gear is much better than it used to be. We got an Adidas Originals 1986-87 Dalglish shirt that was nothing like the original, although the 1989-91 home shirt and tracksuit top, reissued in 2007, were pretty accurate.

It’s a pity that Nike don’t own Umbro anymore, as I’d like to see proper reissues of our 1970s and early ‘80s shirts.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Adidas can shove all the fucking awful clown-costumes they dressed us in back in the Nineties up their sweaty hoops.

Aye, the Adidas Equipment kits were horrible but the stuff from '85 to '89 was magic.

• Upvote 2