You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

23 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

It’s a modern take on this:

C7A5806C-D4C1-41D4-9B9F-1BE7208AAEC9.jpeg

That's the type of thing only wrong minded people would bring back. It'd be like getting kicked in the balls and then asking someone to kick you again just to check it hurt.

I am starting to wonder if Nike are just taking the piss now. They're not even bothering with new shit. 

• Upvote 1

Saw the new home shirt 'in the flesh' so to speak yesterday as people were wearing it amd it is in my book absolutely fucking horrific.

The colour of the trim just looks weird against the colour of the main body of the shirt, those zig zags are awful, and the back of neck is an absolute frigging mess.

In my opinion it is the worst home shirt we have ever had - absolutely abysmal.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Saw the new home shirt 'in the flesh' so to speak yesterday as people were wearing it amd it is in my book absolutely fucking horrific.

The colour of the trim just looks weird against the colour of the main body of the shirt, those zig zags are awful, and the back of neck is an absolute frigging mess.

In my opinion it is the worst home shirt we have ever had - absolutely abysmal.

Yeah, I agree. 

The stone away kit seems to be everywhere though, I think I saw way more than the red ones yesterday. I don't much like that either, but it's light years better than the red one. 

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Yeah, I agree. 

The stone away kit seems to be everywhere though, I think I saw way more than the red ones yesterday. I don't much like that either, but it's light years better than the red one. 

It is better than the red, deffo....not a fan of either though...i saw a lot of both, which of course shows they are selling, but for me the home just looks really shite.

• Upvote 1

There was a fella and his son in the queue in front of me at a service station Costa earlier. The son had a home kit (the fan/stadium version with the embroidered badge) and the dad the Vaporknit version of the away kit. Without question the best of the kits Nike have given us so far. The bright red on the home kit looked like bright/highlighter red and not orange or pink, but even if Nike had stuck with the diagonal zig-zag pattern, the shirt would have looked infinitely better if the collar and cuffs used the same shade of red as the rest of the shirt. Nike have delivered some mediocre stuff for us so far, but none of it is as supremely awful as what Chelsea have been decked out in this season. I can't imagine how shit the alternatives were for Chelsea'stop brass to go with that one.

14 hours ago, Trumo said:

There was a fella and his son in the queue in front of me at a service station Costa earlier. The son had a home kit (the fan/stadium version with the embroidered badge) and the dad the Vaporknit version of the away kit. Without question the best of the kits Nike have given us so far. The bright red on the home kit looked like bright/highlighter red and not orange or pink, but even if Nike had stuck with the diagonal zig-zag pattern, the shirt would have looked infinitely better if the collar and cuffs used the same shade of red as the rest of the shirt. Nike have delivered some mediocre stuff for us so far, but none of it is as supremely awful as what Chelsea have been decked out in this season. I can't imagine how shit the alternatives were for Chelsea'stop brass to go with that one.

I wonder how much input the clubs are getting. Although if we're selling in numbers that Nike can't keep up with, perhaps we're the ones who are wrong. 

4 hours ago, Total Longo said:

Seems odd that it's September tomorrow and they haven't officially announced this yellow 3rd kit yet. They'll do it as a big announcement at 22.59 tonight, no doubt. 

As I said earlier in this thread (maybe on the previous page), Nike do their 3rd kit releases around the second week of September when the CL starts. It's the same for all their other clubs competing in the CL, not just some delay that is only affecting us.

5 hours ago, Street Preacher said:

When is LeBron gonna pull his finger out do something. We got told that part of the reason we went with Nike was because of all their mega stars celebs and how they were going to help to promote us. Load of bollocks. 

Leyton called him 'Space Jam Nonce' and that should be how he's referred to from now on

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

The ones who designed our kits were obviously way off their trollies. No other reason for it.

I didnt pay much attention to the kit when we played Burnley but I did on Saturday and it’s awful. 

These & Adidas should be kept well away from making our kits. Although I’ve gotta admit the Nike off field gear looks the part. 

36 minutes ago, Red74 said:

I didnt pay much attention to the kit when we played Burnley but I did on Saturday and it’s awful. 

These & Adidas should be kept well away from making our kits. Although I’ve gotta admit the Nike off field gear looks the part. 

I think the player version of the home kit looks lovely.