You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, an tha said:

Still waiting for lads kit from this jjsport24....

Was ordered on 15th - tracking on their site seems to have stopped for it on 24th.

I ordered something off them and got a text the other day saying something about its leaving China and heading to the royal mail (from the royal mail).

3 hours ago, an tha said:

Still waiting for lads kit from this jjsport24....

Was ordered on 15th - tracking on their site seems to have stopped for it on 24th.

It should arrive at any time. My grandkids away kits stopped tracking, a couple of days later they arrived.

Creation Time
2021-07-09 18:20:00

2021-07-24 09:18:00
United Kingdom, United Kingdom ,【 United Kingdom 】 delivered

I had two messages from friends yesterday who received their shirts within 3 weeks. 

If you ordered on 24th, I'd say you should get them by Thursday next week. 

4 hours ago, Poster said:

It should arrive at any time. My grandkids away kits stopped tracking, a couple of days later they arrived.

Creation Time
2021-07-09 18:20:00

2021-07-24 09:18:00
United Kingdom, United Kingdom ,【 United Kingdom 】 delivered

I had two messages from friends yesterday who received their shirts within 3 weeks. 

If you ordered on 24th, I'd say you should get them by Thursday next week. 

I ordered on the 15th July.

Cheers anyway.

Our deal with nike which is heavily weighted to units sold (i think) is likely to suffer as been reading our kits are pretty much out of stock all over the place and nike have serious problems restocking.

Seems you can't even get away players version on the Nike site.

Very poor that.

Read some stuff about how Nike would love to be able to restock in short order but there's no chance.

Their Vietnam factories are having to reduce capacities significantly too due to soaring Corona numbers.

18 hours ago, an tha said:

Our deal with nike which is heavily weighted to units sold (i think) is likely to suffer as been reading our kits are pretty much out of stock all over the place and nike have serious problems restocking.

Very poor that.

Read some stuff about how Nike would love to be able to restock in short order but there's no chance.

Their Vietnam factories are having to reduce capacities significantly too due to soaring Corona numbers.

Yep the deal has been a complete cluster fuck

18 hours ago, an tha said:

Very poor that.

Nike should just go on dhgate and order. There is no issues when ordering from there!

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Yep the deal has been a complete cluster fuck

The timing with covid is clearly lousy and unlucky.....but i feel nike have fucked us too.

It’s inexcusable. They know how many they’re likely to sell. We should have a clause penalising nike if they fail to stock adequately, given the deal with NB was dropped because of nike’s greater distribution opportunities.

2 hours ago, an tha said:

The timing with covid is clearly lousy and unlucky.....but i feel nike have fucked us too.

It’s inexcusable. They know how many they’re likely to sell. We should have a clause penalising nike if they fail to stock adequately, given the deal with NB was dropped because of nike’s greater distribution opportunities.

We might very well have that clause.

I’ve just looked on the official site, Sports Direct & Kitbag and all have the home kit shirt in stock, so I don’t see an issue.

11 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

We might very well have that clause.

I’ve just looked on the official site, Sports Direct & Kitbag and all have the home kit shirt in stock, so I don’t see an issue.

I read away is out of stock with club and not expecting restock until October....

12 minutes ago, an tha said:

I read away is out of stock with club and not expecting restock until October....

Ah. That is shitty. 

Just re-reading your post, so the supply issues from the Far East are Nike issues and that’s not exclusively a Liverpool issue?

If that’s the case, likely not much that can be done about it.

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Ah. That is shitty. 

Just re-reading your post, so the supply issues from the Far East are Nike issues and that’s not exclusively a Liverpool issue?

If that’s the case, likely not much that can be done about it.

Don't know how affects other clubs, but then also not sure other clubs deals are weighted to sales like ours is??

Just checked nike site and our away is only available in s and xs for the more expensive one and same for the cheaper one...(mens shirt)

2 minutes ago, an tha said:

Don't know how affects other clubs, but then also not sure other clubs deals are weighted to sales like ours is??

If there is a general supply issue, other clubs will be effected as well though.

I’d be surprised if there isn’t a penalty clause in the contract.

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

If there is a general supply issue, other clubs will be effected as well though.

But if other clubs deals are not weighted to sales like ours is it does not hurt them in same way...as say don't know about those deals of course.

Hopefully the clause is indeed in place.

9 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Our deal was stupidly sales incentivised. Our up front payment was lower than new balance. No other club will be impacted as badly as we likely will be