You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

On 07/07/2021 at 19:44, manwiththestick said:

What sizes do you get? I have a 12 year old son, quite small for his age and the biggest kids size they list is 28, no idea what to go for..

The 28 is roughly ‘Large Boy’s’ size in British sizing. I got that for my 17 year old, who’s also pretty short for his age. I’d say if anything, the shirt is a couple of centimetres too small but he’s happy with it and a size up, Men’s small, would probably have dwarfed him. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

The 28 is roughly ‘Large Boy’s’ size in British sizing. I got that for my 17 year old, who’s also pretty short for his age. I’d say if anything, the shirt is a couple of centimetres too small but he’s happy with it and a size up, Men’s small, would probably have dwarfed him. 

Blimey! I was wearing large boy’s in primary school. At 17 and thin as a rake, I was wearing men’s XL. Everyone wore stuff baggy in those days, though.

My wife, who it appears despite evidence, does listen to my rants and foibles got me an amazing Father’s Day gift.

Turns out her hairdresser, a great guy, is best mates with a former ‘Liverpool Legend’ who is in turn mates with John Barnes, no idea how it came up in conversation, but hey ho.

Anyhows she calls in a favour and asks if he’ll pass on a shirt and try and get it signed for me from the mate of Barnes, he does…

7B4B0A5F-4094-4829-836C-008A0D40F412.jpeg

When I unravel this and pull apart what’s happend it’s beautiful.

So, who was the go between?

Paul Ince!

Her rational for him not signing it as well? 

She specifically told her mate he was not to touch it as, to quote ‘I know how much of a cunt you think he his’

I couldn’t love her more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 17

7 hours ago, Trumo said:

On the offal, there is a fossil (that's the name of the stone/ecru colour Nike are using) bomber jacket that looks really nice. Can't see it on the offal, but there is a black one too. Hopefully Nike haven't done what they did last year and put a massive swoosh or YNWA on the back.

This?

F7F52831-181A-4255-A68D-5854C08B9214.jpeg

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Cheers,  I found a recent review of someone who ordered a 28 for his 11 year old and it was a bit snug so I ordered two kits in small mens.

If they're too big I can always sell them.

39 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Cheers,  I found a recent review of someone who ordered a 28 for his 11 year old and it was a bit snug so I ordered two kits in small mens.

If they're too big I can always sell them.

That’s bizarre. He’s not that small! Maybe they vary by seller but ‘Large boy’s’ in English sizes would normally be way too big for an 11 year old. You’d be talking like an average 14/15/16 year old. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

That’s bizarre. He’s not that small! Maybe they vary by seller but ‘Large boy’s’ in English sizes would normally be way too big for an 11 year old. You’d be talking like an average 14/15/16 year old. 

I have a 9 year old girl who is big for her age. She uses an Umbro shirt size YL (11/12 years) in her team. What shirt size would you order?

5 hours ago, The Midnight Rambler said:

I see the players version has pretty much sold out on the official club shop & at Nike.com. Nike are fucking amateurs.

It would be funny if it wasn't a fucking disgrace 

29 minutes ago, Gumsy said:

I have a 9 year old girl who is big for her age. She uses an Umbro shirt size YL (11/12 years) in her team. What shirt size would you order?

I honestly haven’t got a clue. If you’re using DHgate then you could maybe look through the reviews of whichever seller you use and see what other people are saying. My boy hasn’t grown much since last year so I bought size 28, knowing that I bought the same then. 

If you’re buying from the Offal then I’d guess ‘small boy’s’ would probably be the right size for a 10/11 year old but it’s been a few years since my lad was that age so please don’t take my word as gospel. 

55 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I honestly haven’t got a clue. If you’re using DHgate then you could maybe look through the reviews of whichever seller you use and see what other people are saying. My boy hasn’t grown much since last year so I bought size 28, knowing that I bought the same then. 

If you’re buying from the Offal then I’d guess ‘small boy’s’ would probably be the right size for a 10/11 year old but it’s been a few years since my lad was that age so please don’t take my word as gospel. 

I was thinking DHgate. I am a bit confused about their kids sizes from 16 to 28. And it seems like some of you on here that have ordered have various experieces with their sizing of shirts...

2 minutes ago, Gumsy said:

I was thinking DHgate. I am a bit confused about their kids sizes from 16 to 28. And it seems like some of you on here that have ordered have various experieces with their sizing of shirts...

The biggest kids size isn't that big. And there's a bit difference to the smallest adult shirt even if the sizes are small. Judging by the sizes you mentioned earlier I reckon the biggest kids size might be too small, but I'd be almost certain the smallest adult will be too big. 

10 minutes ago, Gumsy said:

You can send them back if they don’t fit. If I was you I’d order a 22 & 24 from the seller that @Scott_M recommended to me. If one fits, send the other back. If they’re both too big then you’ll have a better idea of the sizing. That’d be my guess. They’re only like £10-£12 each. 

But yeah, it does seem like they vary from seller to seller from what @manwiththestick posted further up the page, so the reviews on the seller’s page is probably your best option. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

The biggest kids size isn't that big. And there's a bit difference to the smallest adult shirt even if the sizes are small. Judging by the sizes you mentioned earlier I reckon the biggest kids size might be too small, but I'd be almost certain the smallest adult will be too big. 

Nah, I ordered the biggest kids size for my lad who is 17 but not tall for his age and it fits fine. He’s obviously way bigger than an 11 year old girl’s size though, which is what Gumsy is after. 

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have just dug out some Liverpool Rain Gear and a couple of heavy pitchside jacket/coats  from about 05-07. Do you think they would sell ok? 

IMG_20210709_154021.jpg

IMG_20210709_153922.jpg

IMG_20210709_154314.jpg

IMG_20210709_154427.jpg

If anybody is interested in taking these off my hands for a reasonable fee let me know. There are no sponsors on it because it is club issued kit for people under 18 years old.

3 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I have just dug out some Liverpool Rain Gear and a couple of heavy pitchside jacket/coats  from about 05-07. Do you think they would sell ok? 

IMG_20210709_154021.jpg

IMG_20210709_153922.jpg

IMG_20210709_154314.jpg

IMG_20210709_154427.jpg

WTF?!? Blue?!? How dare they! Fucking blue. That’s a criminal offence!! Oh wait it’s just a fucking colour.  No need to change your whole life over it. 

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

If anybody is interested in taking these off my hands for a reasonable fee let me know. There are no sponsors on it because it is club issued kit for people under 18 years old.

Stick them on eBay you'll have people biting you hand off.