You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

On 21/06/2021 at 11:07, Pete said:

I saw the new home kit on Friday in a sports store. Whilst it doesn't look as bad as I thought there's no way I'd pay the asking price for it.  I feel sorry for all the parents out there that have to fork out for a new kit every year. Especially if they are buying for more than one child. 

It'd be nice if the club could maybe change one kit per season or even have a period where they keep the kits the same for at least 3 seasons, but I guess they'd lose money

Parents are allowed to say no, aren’t they ? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I haven’t had a football shirt since I was about eight years old but I ordered the yellow one with the pinstripes from DHgate ages ago, without realising that it was a concept design. Today I took delivery of the actual design. I suppose it will make a decent pyjama top. 

Haha. Reminds me of the time, seven or eight years ago, someone posted saying they were made up with their new Liverpool third shirt, then posted a couple of days later and said it was akin to wearing a bin bag.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I haven’t had a football shirt since I was about eight years old but I ordered the yellow one with the pinstripes from DHgate ages ago, without realising that it was a concept design. Today I took delivery of the actual design. I suppose it will make a decent pyjama top. 

Do you have a picture? I ordered one too even though I knew it wasn't a legit design. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. My intention was only ever to ear around the house. 

3 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Do you have a picture? I ordered one too even though I knew it wasn't a legit design. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive. My intention was only ever to ear around the house. 

Crossed wires here. They’ve sent the ‘actual’ third shirt, not the blag design I was hoping for when I ordered it. 

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

I ordered a 3xl of the pinned stripped concept shirt that was knocking around and got a 2xl of the legit style fake. 

IMG_20210625_171640.jpg

Quite like that. 
I assume if I want a medium I should order XL?

Silly question, but if our deal is heavily sales based - why have neither away kit been released yet almost two months after last season? 

Are Nike deliberately trying to restrict the amount of time that fans can buy the kits? 

7 minutes ago, Daisy said:

Silly question, but if our deal is heavily sales based - why have neither away kit been released yet almost two months after last season? 

Are Nike deliberately trying to restrict the amount of time that fans can buy the kits? 

I think the opposite. They're trying to maximise sales by not releasing too closely together - with a bit of covid supply chain issues thrown in. I think in an ideal world they'd have had the red kit out before last season finished, the 2nd for the start of preseason the 3rd at the end of the transfer window. 

1 hour ago, Poster said:

So the blue 6 badge has gone? 

Yep. It seems it's not fair or something mental. So now you just get that number in the CL badge which looks like an iron on number. The blue badge was about the only decent thing uefa has ever done.