You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

On 22/03/2021 at 09:11, an tha said:

There are loads of really good looking 'fan made' mock ups online.

Makes you wonder how professional designers come up with such shite and why club sign off on it.

Take this away for example - beautiful, but nike will give us nothing like it.

liv-3-min.jpg

I like the confidence in us having the world champions badge on the new kit again. 

3 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

Who cares what other club's colours it might look like, it looks good. Could easily say it looks like Egypt. 

Nah. The collar and sleeve trim is shite.

Also, saying "it looks like Egypt" just brings back horrible memories of that mid-90s abomination that Adidas foisted on us and Bulgaria. 

• Upvote 1

The home should have white or yellow piping. No time for that lighter red / pink / fucking salmon color. Drop the fucking black.

The Ecru / Emu / Beige / whatever - get rid the stripes. Drop the fucking black. Then passable.

The Yellow? Yes. Now you are getting it you Nikey little fuckers. Reverse that color scheme for the home. "Just... Do... It".

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'd have this year's kit in before either of those last 2. 

Screenshot_20210328-120917.jpg

Ha ha. Completely forgot about this season’s shirt! Yeah, I’ll replace 2014-15 with 2020-21. 2010-12 was an absolute shocker, though.

Revised top 5

1. 2021-22

2. 1993-95

3. 1992-93

4. 2020-21

5. 2010-12

6 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Not too fond of the 1998/00 Reebok effort either. Classic 1960s round collar design but the material used was awful and the cut was way too baggy.

The material was crap but all kits of that era were baggy. 1996-98, in my opinion, is one of our most underrated kits. That too was baggy, made worse by the club seemingly issuing every player, regardless of build, with XL. The only thing that really let it down was the inclusion of the full crest within the 50s/60s style oval.

10 minutes ago, Grinch said:

They're aimed at kids and people who dress like one yet every year you get adults acting all shocked at how horrible they look.  Just like every other modern day football top. 

I’ve never understood this. I don’t wear footy shirts myself, but have no problem with adults who do. Anyway, loads of teams still have traditional looking home kits.