You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

18 hours ago, RedKnight said:

From the Athletic:

Shirt sales since Nike took over from New Balance this summer are already up in excess of 20 per cent and Thiago’s arrival is bound to fuel demand further.

It's interesting the conflicting information isn't it? That one that came out last week just didn't look right. As with anything with data, it's all about which bits you want to use and how it is presented. 

Maybe it's my ignorance, but is thiago really someone who's going to make people buy shirts who would otherwise not? I can see how maybe people like Messi and Ronaldo do on a global scale (I mean none Barca and Juve fans) and how Salah might drive LFC shirt sales in Egypt for instance because he's like a god there. But I just don't see thiago has this type of profile. I know he's an absolutely top class player, but I've never thought of him as a game personality or a hipsters choice. So I'm not saying his name won't end up on shirts, just I'd have thought that would probably be a sale we'd make with or without him. 

32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's interesting the conflicting information isn't it? That one that came out last week just didn't look right. As with anything with data, it's all about which bits you want to use and how it is presented. 

Maybe it's my ignorance, but is thiago really someone who's going to make people buy shirts who would otherwise not? I can see how maybe people like Messi and Ronaldo do on a global scale (I mean none Barca and Juve fans) and how Salah might drive LFC shirt sales in Egypt for instance because he's like a god there. But I just don't see thiago has this type of profile. I know he's an absolutely top class player, but I've never thought of him as a game personality or a hipsters choice. So I'm not saying his name won't end up on shirts, just I'd have thought that would probably be a sale we'd make with or without him. 

I don't think the writer is talking about demand for Thiago shirts, but Liverpool shirts in general. The better the team, the more high profile they become, and people love to associate themselves with success.

21 minutes ago, Trumo said:

I don't think the writer is talking about demand for Thiago shirts, but Liverpool shirts in general. The better the team, the more high profile they become, and people love to associate themselves with success.

Yeah, maybe. I think us staying good certainly will help sell shirts. 

On 18/09/2020 at 16:55, Чемпионы said:

I always suggest the app because you can use Applepay (I don't use android pay so I can't say if that is supported) and that is much more secure. I've had a couple of issues in the past using a card on “those kind of sites.

You forgot the speech marks you needed there, pal.

56 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

The more I see it the more I hate the home kit.

The backwards collar is stupid, and the white stripe down the side is absolutely horrendous.

It's a disgrace that such a brilliant team is having to wear this heinous shit.

Agreed. The double collar thing sucks and the light blue is wank.

1 hour ago, Jose Jones said:

The backwards collar is stupid, and the white stripe down the side is absolutely horrendous.

I think the ‘vapour’ version of the home kit looks nice, but I have to agree with you on the collar. It looks really weird.

Next year's kit colours are already decided apparently. The home kit will be the same red as the current one, but the trim will be an ecru-type colour and a brighter shade of red. The away will be ecru, with dark teal and the same bright red as on the home shirt. All a bit early Reebok.

nike-liverpool-21-22-home-away-kit-2.jpg

nike-liverpool-21-22-home-away-kit-3.jpg

20 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I dont think it looks asthetically pleasing but we used to play in white shorts with a red stripe down them. Funnily enough, the club sent out a survey today about the current strips for next season and future designs!

33 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

That wasn’t the club, to be fair. The article suggesting sales were down was based on research from a website called lovethesales.com.

I'm guessing love the sales uses one of the high st companies. And we're probably pulling our numbers from club sales. The the love the sales didn't state what was the period they were counting and comparing to from what I read.