You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

Yes. I understood what you meant. Apologies if it came across in any other way. 

Nay worries mate. It’s cracking when someone nails one of our kits like New Balance have recently. When we get ugly shit and tacky ones I tend to retreat to my default of modern football is shit and ignore them.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Dunno if this is the right thread for this. But while I don't really by replica shirts for myself, I do buy loads of t-shirts from the local sellers. I've had loads of good experiences from the likes of LoveFollowConquer , Up The Reds, Hat Scarf and badge and one or two others. Got 2 from a site call the twelfth red this morning , really crap. The t-shirt material is cheap (some crap brand you'd pay a quid for or something off Amazon) and the printing is pretty poor too, like something from the 80s. So if you're thinking of buying from them don't! 

Repped. What brand are the t-shirts?

I quite like some of his designs (posted a couple on here the other week) but he isn’t very original, in my opinion. Seems to take a lot of ‘inspiration’ from other people and just improves on their designs.

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Back to where we were when Warrior did the kits in terms of them looking pretty tacky/low grade and having dogshit slogans.

I expect in a year or two Nike will start to get it right like New Balance then did.

I think NB were pretty crap on their changed strips, but their last 2 or 3 home ones were really good. They almost got me to buy one. But as weird as it sounds, I actually enjoyed watching us in them. That kit last season was a perfect balance between a modern design and retro. It felt a great shirt to win it again in and when I was watching (and maybe true of the year before) it felt like a Liverpool kit. In those days maybe the red wasn't so dark when they went on the pitch, but it was at the end! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

Nay worries mate. It’s cracking when someone nails one of our kits like New Balance have recently. When we get ugly shit and tacky ones I tend to retreat to my default of modern football is shit and ignore them.

I loved last seasons kit (even more so now!!). Had high hopes for this new Nike kit but so far not impressed at all. 

2 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think NB were pretty crap on their changed strips, but their last 2 or 3 home ones were really good. They almost got me to buy one. But as weird as it sounds, I actually enjoyed watching us in them. That kit last season was a perfect balance between a modern design and retro. It felt a great shirt to win it again in and when I was watching (and maybe true of the year before) it felt like a Liverpool kit. In those days maybe the red wasn't so dark when they went on the pitch, but it was at the end! 

Aye, it was a belter. Echoes of the 1984 European Cup final shirt.

2017/2018 was probably my favourite of the recent ones.

This years kit would have been ok if it were not for the side stripes and absolutely awful 'back collar' . WTF is that.

You can imagine the scene at nike HQ sat around on bean bags with techno-hipster yuppies, scratching their bum fluff beards saying '' i know - it looks good but hey guys what if we flip it and have this like back collar design, it would be totally rad man''. Yeah thats great you should ''wait until you see my designs for the goal tenders kit'', lets get a coffee. wankers.

• Upvote 1

On 11/09/2020 at 19:44, Butch said:

This is bollocks. I already hate Nike. Aprt from the prices of the shirts they do look a bit shit. They should have consulted NB on how to design a nicer shirt. And what a shit slogan "tell us never" Wtf. 

IMG-20200911-WA0000.jpg

I saw an advert claiming that the design was inspired by the chequered flags in Rome 1977.

The red & white checks inspired black & dark grey checks. Obviously. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I wonder worldwide how much these knock off shirts cost the club in income? By pricing the pukka shirts so much even with the cheaper 'stadium' shirt, it appears to be driving people to the knock offs.

Wonder if the club takes this into consideration when pricing up the official shirts and deals with suppliers?

10 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I wonder worldwide how much these knock off shirts cost the club in income? By pricing the pukka shirts so much even with the cheaper 'stadium' shirt, it appears to be driving people to the knock offs.

Wonder if the club takes this into consideration when pricing up the official shirts and deals with suppliers?

This is the rub. I find these prices totally unreasonable. I feel for those families that have a few young kids that want them.

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I agree mate I've always bought the offical top from the club. Hell I even bought last season shirt with the cl and WC patch for £80.00. 

This season though I drew the line with the prices for a top that isnt even the same as the players wear. 

I've just been up to Anfield with my shirt on and compared it to the ones in the club shop and they are identical in every way even down to the stitching and material used. 

20 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

This is the rub. I find these prices totally unreasonable. I feel for those families that have a few young kids that want them.

My sister has that problem with her kids. The prices for the kits are horrendous so after she,saw my top I ordered from DH gate shes ordering some for the kids. 

Got myself our away kit, “Firmino 9” on the back, champions badges on the sleeves, for the princely sum of $19.32!

Ordered on August 31st. 
Arrived today. 
Absolutely perfect. Came in a Nike bag, all Nike tags, etc. 

Considering it’s €15 alone to get the Champions badges on the official one, and I got it in fat cunt XXXL, $19 is an absolute steal. 

Definitely going to go back for more. Maybe some of the classic ones. 

On 13/09/2020 at 13:49, dockers_strike said:

I buy them from there for the kids and it costs the club the square route of fuck all. Reason being there is no way on earth I’m paying the prices for the real stuff so they wouldn’t be getting bought anyway.

We have genuinely lost touch with reality. Am I in a position to be able to afford 100 quid a shirt each for the kids? Yes I am, would I in all honesty pay it? Would I fuck, it’s immoral.

I’d still be uncomfortable at 30 knowing they probably cost at most a fiver to produce and put on the shelf but could just about swallow it.

Surely they’d make more money by selling them cheaper to more people? How many people from around the global fan base can honestly afford a genuine shirt at the going rate? 

• Upvote 1