You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

3 hours ago, KMD7 said:

Kids will probably love these new tops. 

Mine don't. Which is a result really as I went through the web site with my youngest, it was going to cost 125 quid. 

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

Hope there was something written into the contract with nike where there’s a financial penalty for them for running out of stock. 

Even the red kit is on preorder only. It doesn't mean it's Nike's fault though, it could just be we're fucking shite at running a club shop. 

Just now, The Gaul said:

Mine don't. Which is a result really as I went through the web site with my youngest, it was going to cost 125 quid. 

Even the red kit is on preorder only. It doesn't mean it's Nike's fault though, it could just be we're fucking shite at running a club shop. 

We had this shit under Parry - the club shop being closed the day after Istanbul and the club shop running out of No1’s the day we resigned Robbie and gave him the squad number 11. 

There should be no lack of merch (bar COVID) the first fortnight after the start of a new kit deal and there should definitely be penalties in the contract. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

We had this shit under Parry - the club shop being closed the day after Istanbul and the club shop running out of No1’s the day we resigned Robbie and gave him the squad number 11. 

There should be no lack of merch (bar COVID) the first fortnight after the start of a new kit deal and there should definitely be penalties in the contract. 

Funny, I've just posted on the transfer thread it's like we've given coco a job and now he's back running the club shop too. Or perhaps fsg are just not as fucking brilliant as everyone thinks they are. 

1 minute ago, The Gaul said:

Funny, I've just posted on the transfer thread it's like we've given coco a job and now he's back running the club shop too. Or perhaps fsg are just not as fucking brilliant as everyone thinks they are. 

I’d hope this is down to COVID although it still shouldn’t be. 

But by fucking christ any deal we agreed with nike that’s massively based on unit sales should have a penalty clause if they run out of any merch.

Thats just fucking obvious. 

Just now, lifetime fan said:

I’d hope this is down to COVID although it still shouldn’t be. 

But by fucking christ any deal we agreed with nike that’s massively based on unit sales should have a penalty clause if they run out of any merch.

Thats just fucking obvious. 

I wouldn't be shocked if it's down to covid. I don't think we carried on wearing new balance to be nice. Probably just giving Nike 2 more months to get their shit in order. 

8 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I wouldn't be shocked if it's down to covid. I don't think we carried on wearing new balance to be nice. Probably just giving Nike 2 more months to get their shit in order. 

I’d be interested to see if this is happening across their top range of clubs. 

I expect there will be an impact across all, but it’s something I’d be pissed about if we haven’t got a clause to kick in under other circumstances. 

2 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I’d be interested to see if this is happening across their top range of clubs. 

I expect there will be an impact across all, but it’s something I’d be pissed about if we haven’t got a clause to kick in under other circumstances. 

As you say you'd hope there'd be a clause to at least guarantee a certain number available as we've loaded the money on shirt sales. If there's not and there's a manufacturing issue, who could blame Nike for selecting the contracts that favour them? 

• Upvote 1

I can’t understand why people are getting upset at the potential terms of the Nike deal when nobody has a clue at what they are. 

This is a fair article...

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-fans-only-losers-with-new-nike-home-kit-break-record-sales-a4520951.html

Summary is even though stocks are running low (COVID19 related, which I think is understandable) it’s still on course to be the biggest selling shirt in our history. 

It also rightly backs up what has been said in here over the different kit choices. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, YNWA-Viking said:

The home kit is in stock at nike.com. Free shipping if you have an account there. Just ordered the home kit. Not sure about the away kit... Close up it looks more like a piece of art than a kit.

Ordered the flash bastard kit off Nike.com on the 6th of August. Still hasn’t been delivered. Just says delayed. Spoke to their customer services and they couldn’t give me a time scale for delivery.