You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

3 hours ago, Madrid Diecinueve said:

The away jersey for the upcoming campaign features a vibrant teal and black colourway, drawing on cultural references from across the city.

The Liver bird and LFC crest, iconic symbols, heavily influence the colour – a theme that has been carried through from the home shirt to tie the two kits together.

Its swirling pattern on the front of the jersey takes inspiration from the Shankly Gates at Anfield, and a textured print design nods to Liverpool’s musical roots and the flyposters often found around the city to advertise local music events.

“I’m a massive fan of the new away kit,” said Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson. “I really love the design and how it has been influenced by the city and specific aspects of the club. I can’t wait to get back out there and play in it next season.”

Scott Munson, VP football apparel at Nike, said: “We have very distinct design filters that are fully demonstrated in the collection we’ve created for Liverpool FC. First and foremost, we set out to create a collection that celebrates the rich culture of the city of Liverpool and the club.

“The away kit allowed us to be bolder and more expressive in how we brought some of these cultural references to life and we’ve landed on a look and aesthetic that really reflects that.”

So, the official colour is rusted copper?! 

4 hours ago, Madrid Diecinueve said:

“I’m a massive fan of the new away kit,” said Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson. “I really love the design and how it has been influenced by the city and specific aspects of the club. I can’t wait to get back out there and play in it next season.”

Wool

4 hours ago, Madrid Diecinueve said:

Seems the stadium top and vapor top are different

814821B9-C088-411F-927B-2EE77C07A6C6.jpeg

In the publicity images the pattern differs between Jones and Mane, and both seem to be the vapor version. I noticed something similar on the goalkeeper shirt - maybe cut from a bigger design and therefore subject to variation between each shirt?

I don't like round collars as a general rule. But more than that, I don't understand this vogue for a v-neck collar on the home shirt and a round one on the away shirt. It's incoherent. They don't look like they're from the same product line.

1 minute ago, El Diego said:

Is it actually possible to buy the expensive home shirt? None on the LFC website and None on Nike. Amateurs.

I was at the club shop yesterday and it had loads of the shirts but you couldn’t get the champions flashes etc as they were sold out. 

I got a CWC badge out on my shirt and this was it 20 mins later...

C1B76248-F7FD-4D2D-934B-1D1EF6143D10.jpeg

Fucking peeled off. Useless.

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I was at the club shop yesterday and it had loads of the shirts but you couldn’t get the champions flashes etc as they were sold out. 

I got a CWC badge out on my shirt and this was it 20 mins later...

C1B76248-F7FD-4D2D-934B-1D1EF6143D10.jpeg

Fucking peeled off. Useless.

Absolute shit show. I ordered mine off Nike but it’s been delayed.

Never had this trouble with Warrior.

52 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Is it actually possible to buy the expensive home shirt? None on the LFC website and None on Nike. Amateurs.

Adults 

https://www.prodirectsoccer.com/p/nike-liverpool-20-21-home-vapor-match-shirt-gym-red-white-mens-replica-tops-225297/

Kids

https://www.prodirectsoccer.com/p/nike-liverpool-20-21-kids-home-vapor-match-shirt-gym-red-white-boys-replica-tops-225300/

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WhiskeyJar said:

I can't spend 100 quid on a shirt (badge and all). I just can't bring myself to justify spending that much on one kit. 

I just hope that the kit comes down in price.

I’m justifying it by telling myself it could be another 30 years before we get to wear the champions badges, and as I’ll be pushing 70 in the event of such a wait, it's not out of the question that I'll have slipped off of the mortal coil by then. Still, it’s objectively a stupid amount of money for something I might wear a handful of times and possibly never outside of the house. Fuck Nike for making the replica look so different. 

Also: I wasn’t able to get hold of one of the CL shirts with winners patches the season after Istanbul, but did last year, so superstition dictates that I must get some form of shirt marking a win in one of the big two or risk consigning us to more than a decade of comparative failure.