You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

God love em.

Looking back at our Europa League campaign back in 2017/18 really does show what could have been *if* we got our recruitment right.

82291ADD-07C0-49EA-9978-CCA681E56F7B.png

Both Atalanta and Lyon are now in the CL quarter-finals. We’re finishing bottom half of the table, yet spent ridiculous money since then.

If only someone had a time-machine with all the answers to who we should’ve signed etc.

So I put it to you GOT. Who should we have signed? Who would’ve taken us on the upwards trajectory that our two Europa League rivals have taken?

And one reply is......

Putting everything else aside, that is a ROUGH group to pull in the Europa.
For comparison, this was Liverpool’s CL group that same season:

Liverpool.

Sevilla.

Spartak Moscow.

Maribor.
Ifitadentavbinforthosepeskyhotballs

6 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Who’s going to be our official coconut water supplier now?

More to the point, will they be able to capture lightning in a bottle like in the Chaokoh advert?

What with the end of the Western Union and Falken Tyres deals (plus ditching our betting sponsors), that means the club will probably be announcing at least 3 new deals over the next few months.

On 07/08/2020 at 15:54, Trumo said:

Goalkeeper away shirt. Nicer than the black home shirt because that thumbprint pattern looks better on the yellow.

format,webp

This would have made a nice outfield away shirt, with black shorts and yellow/black hooped socks. Very Dortmund-esque.

Just picture Alisson in that.

I think I read a wank.

43 minutes ago, Trumo said:

More to the point, will they be able to capture lightning in a bottle like in the Chaokoh advert?

What with the end of the Western Union and Falken Tyres deals (plus ditching our betting sponsors), that means the club will probably be announcing at least 3 new deals over the next few months.

WHERE'S THE CHAOKOH COCONUT WATER MONEY, BILLY?

20 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

God love em.

Looking back at our Europa League campaign back in 2017/18 really does show what could have been *if* we got our recruitment right.

82291ADD-07C0-49EA-9978-CCA681E56F7B.png

Both Atalanta and Lyon are now in the CL quarter-finals. We’re finishing bottom half of the table, yet spent ridiculous money since then.

If only someone had a time-machine with all the answers to who we should’ve signed etc.

So I put it to you GOT. Who should we have signed? Who would’ve taken us on the upwards trajectory that our two Europa League rivals have taken?

And one reply is......

Putting everything else aside, that is a ROUGH group to pull in the Europa.
For comparison, this was Liverpool’s CL group that same season:

Liverpool.

Sevilla.

Spartak Moscow.

Maribor.
Ifitadentavbinforthosepeskyhotballs

All four would,and have,beaten Everton.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Outside of LFC duties maybe, but on the touchline he'll have to wear Nike.

Yeah, he's obliged to wear the club apparel for all oficial club business but can wear whatever footwear he likes. He'll be in Adidas runners. Same as players wearing different boots from companies besides the main club supplier.

LeBron sure loves his new Nike Liverpool shirt, doesnt he?!

LeBron James has continued his public support of Liverpool and Nike's new partnership by sending personalised shirts to a host of American sports stars.

The basketball superstar is a minority shareholder at Anfield and has been using his profile as one of the biggest sportsmen on the planet to increase the Reds' presence across the Atlantic.

Since the five-year deal started between Nike and Liverpool at the turn of the month, 'King' James was spotted sporting the club's brand-new strip at a recent LA Lakers game in Oklahoma

James, who can boast a jaw-dropping following of 69.6m on Instagram, posted the snap himself last week to the social media site, with the caption: "@LiverpoolFC kit vibes #YNWA."

And now, the Lakers icon has been sending Liverpool shirts to a number of other sports stars, including former Denver Broncos tight end, Shannon Sharpe.

The ECHO understands the boxes were personalised with a message from James and dispatched to other famous faces, although Nike sources remain tight-lipped over which sports stars were the beneficiaries.

In the box, which came personalised with Sharpe's name and the number 19 on the back - to signify the number of league titles won by the Reds - James had written about the new link-up between his manufacturers and the club he has a two per cent stake in.

"Nine years ago, I went to my first game at Anfield.

"I'll never forget the feeling of walking through the Shankly Gates, the atmosphere and the fans. It was an adrenaline rush and one of the greatest experiences I've had watching sports.

"Liverpool FC is admired across the world and I've learned firsthand that it's the people who make the community special.

"Family and community are truly at the heart of everything they do. No matter where they are.

"It's the Liverpool way. They are a family.

And having been part of the Nike family for over 18 years, I know how important that is to all of us.

"Today, I am excited to invite you to celebrate another moment of greatness in their journey - the partnership of Nike and Liverpool FC.

"You're one of the first to receive the kit that honors the team and this new chapter.

"Join me in officially welcoming Liverpool FC to the Nike family. 'By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen...'

"Wear it with pride!

"LeBron."

James was a big factor in Liverpool's victory over former suppliers, New Balance, in the High Court back in October 2019.

The Boston-based New Balance felt they had a matching clause that enabled them to continue as the club's manufacturers after Nike had agreed a deal worth an annual £30m with Liverpool.

However, with Nike pledging to use the likes of James, rapper Drake and tennis legend Serena Williams in their aim of establishing Liverpool FC throughout North America, it was ruled that New Balance couldn't match the calibre of star power on offer by the Oregon giants.

The ECHO understands insiders have been blown away by the early projections for the 2020/21 shirt and Anfield sources are hopeful the deal will be the most lucrative in club history.

James became a minority shareholder in Liverpool shortly after the club was taken over by current owners FSG in 2010 and enjoyed a tour of Melwood and a trip to Anfield upon linking up with the club.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lebron-james-liverpool-nike-news-18750970

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

LeBron James has continued his public support of Liverpool and Nike's new partnership by sending personalised shirts to a host of American sports stars.

The basketball superstar is a minority shareholder at Anfield and has been using his profile as one of the biggest sportsmen on the planet to increase the Reds' presence across the Atlantic.

Since the five-year deal started between Nike and Liverpool at the turn of the month, 'King' James was spotted sporting the club's brand-new strip at a recent LA Lakers game in Oklahoma

James, who can boast a jaw-dropping following of 69.6m on Instagram, posted the snap himself last week to the social media site, with the caption: "@LiverpoolFC kit vibes #YNWA."

And now, the Lakers icon has been sending Liverpool shirts to a number of other sports stars, including former Denver Broncos tight end, Shannon Sharpe.

The ECHO understands the boxes were personalised with a message from James and dispatched to other famous faces, although Nike sources remain tight-lipped over which sports stars were the beneficiaries.

In the box, which came personalised with Sharpe's name and the number 19 on the back - to signify the number of league titles won by the Reds - James had written about the new link-up between his manufacturers and the club he has a two per cent stake in.

"I'll never forget the feeling of walking through the Shankly Gates, the atmosphere and the fans. It was an adrenaline rush and one of the greatest experiences I've had watching sports.

"Liverpool FC is admired across the world and I've learned firsthand that it's the people who make the community special.

"Family and community are truly at the heart of everything they do. No matter where they are.

And having been part of the Nike family for over 18 years, I know how important that is to all of us.

"Today, I am excited to invite you to celebrate another moment of greatness in their journey - the partnership of Nike and Liverpool FC.

"You're one of the first to receive the kit that honors the team and this new chapter.

"Join me in officially welcoming Liverpool FC to the Nike family. 'By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen...'

"Wear it with pride!

"LeBron."

James was a big factor in Liverpool's victory over former suppliers, New Balance, in the High Court back in October 2019.

The Boston-based New Balance felt they had a matching clause that enabled them to continue as the club's manufacturers after Nike had agreed a deal worth an annual £30m with Liverpool.

However, with Nike pledging to use the likes of James, rapper Drake and tennis legend Serena Williams in their aim of establishing Liverpool FC throughout North America, it was ruled that New Balance couldn't match the calibre of star power on offer by the Oregon giants.

The ECHO understands insiders have been blown away by the early projections for the 2020/21 shirt and Anfield sources are hopeful the deal will be the most lucrative in club history.

James became a minority shareholder in Liverpool shortly after the club was taken over by current owners FSG in 2010 and enjoyed a tour of Melwood and a trip to Anfield upon linking up with the club.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lebron-james-liverpool-nike-news-18750970

'Nine years ago I went to my first game' says 15 year old Le Bron.

17 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

"Wear it with pride!

"LeBron."

I know it's probably necessary but all this marketing spin turns my stomach

Was the "This means more" a club thing or something from New Balance? Has it been replaced by this never say never shite? Must admit I loved the this means more line, the fume it brought about was a sight to behold.