You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

13 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

True.  But then a lot of what she's saying is supposed to be more about the city and it's people than the club.  There's that whole idea of relishing other people underestimating us and kicking against the pricks that is a big part of how we see ourselves.

Yeah I don’t believe it’s as cynical as some think i.e., managing expectations... Nike must have started working on the concept a while back before we won everything and decided to just go with it. It just seems a bit outdated now. These days we’d be favourites heading into any game, maybe bar 5 games... (City, Bayern, Juve, Real, and Barca aways)

8 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Yeah I don’t believe it’s as cynical as some think i.e., managing expectations... Nike must have started working on the concept a while back before we won everything and decided to just go with it. It just seems a bit outdated now. These days we’d be favourites heading into any game, maybe bar 6 games... (City, Bayern, Juve, Real, and Barca, Watford aways)

Fixed.

13 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

True.  But then a lot of what she's saying is supposed to be more about the city and it's people than the club.  There's that whole idea of relishing other people underestimating us and kicking against the pricks that is a big part of how we see ourselves.

Not sure I buy into this

Liverpool are and have been one of the biggest and best in world football for at least 50 years. LFC are proper European and English aristocracy

We're amongst the top 5 of European clubs and even in the dark days we never left the top 10

1 minute ago, mattyq said:

Not sure I buy into this

Liverpool are and have been one of the biggest and best in world football for at least 50 years. LFC are proper European and English aristocracy

We're amongst the top 5 of European clubs and even in the dark days we never left the top 10

That's why I said I think it's more about the city than the club.

1 minute ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

That's why I said I think it's more about the city than the club.

Same with the city

As the joke goes, the Manc thinks Manchester is the 2nd city; the Brummie thinks it Birmingham; the Scouser knows it's London

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, El Diego said:

Find it weird that the ‘cheap’ version has the sewn on badge, whilst the other more expensive shirt has a stuck on badge?

For performance I would’ve thought. The badge on Lebron’s top looks sewn on though I doubt they’d give him the ‘stadium’ version. Gonna have to wait and see I guess.

14 minutes ago, aRdja said:

For performance I would’ve thought. The badge on Lebron’s top looks sewn on though I doubt they’d give him the ‘stadium’ version. Gonna have to wait and see I guess.

Nah, it’s the player version. You can see in the still photo that, unlike the t-shirt version, it has the pattern and the vapor kit text or whatever it is on the lower left hand side.

13 hours ago, El Diego said:

Find it weird that the ‘cheap’ version has the sewn on badge, whilst the other more expensive shirt has a stuck on badge?

They claim nipple rub, but I thought they all wore tops under their tops. Maybe not all do. I have had nipple rub off playing footy from the crest and logo, in fact bleed, so I can testify it is a real thing! I started playing with plasters on my nipples!