You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

11 hours ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Apparently there’ll be a fourth kit or a merch line that’s a collaboration with Lebron (similar to the PSG Jordan line). 

Aren't all the 4th kits those one colour things that the team never wears? We did all black with NB, but Chelsea did a 1st kit blue, but all sponsors and badges were the same colour?

2 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Am I the only one who actually likes that?

It's certainly a step up from the Reebok ad with a shower of cunts in Harry Enfield wigs.

I thought it was good. Is it a Nike or an LFC vid? 

The quality of the club's media output in general, in terms of production values, is peerless these days. After Istanbul it took them about three months to produce the DVD, the mancs would have had it out on Monday with a complimentary hand job from Melanie Sykes.

12 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It's certainly a step up from the Reebok ad with a shower of cunts in Harry Enfield wigs.

The focus on us being the underdogs is a bit much IMO. We’re one of the biggest clubs in world football. I think that’s where they should market us, alongside the Bayerns, the Reals and the Barcas of the world. 

6 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It’s a bit professional Scouser, isn’t it?

Always assumed that everyone in this country pronounced it “Nike”, not “Ni-key”.

3 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

I thought it was good. Is it a Nike or an LFC vid? 

The quality of the club's media output in general, in terms of production values, is peerless these days. After Istanbul it took them about three months to produce the DVD, the mancs would have had it out on Monday with a complimentary hand job from Melanie Sykes.

I'm in....... even now.

maxresdefault.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

It’s a bit professional Scouser, isn’t it?

Always assumed that everyone in this country pronounced it “Nike”, not “Ni-key”.

Spot on. 

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

The focus on us being the underdogs is a bit much IMO. We’re one of the biggest clubs in world football. I think that’s where they should market us, alongside the Bayerns, the Reals and the Barcas of the world. 

As per the post above and I don't think this is a Nike issue (it predates Nike), it's how we market ourselves, it's almost like we're trying to be the Everton of European football if you see what I mean? We're happy to be underdogs, we promote ourselves too often in a parochial light. We're one of European footballs leading clubs. Personally I think we're at our best with our self promotion with the likes of that video after Madrid last year where we were showing how people were celebrating all around the world. We should embrace our global appeal more and not be fucking about talking about lolley ices whatever the fuck "tell us never" is. What does that mean? 

• Upvote 2

I get what youse mean about overplaying the under dog tag, but when you see your best players leave (Suarez, Sterling, Coutinho, Alonso, Mascherano, Torres etc) like we have over the past 10 years while signing & moulding players from Southampton, Hull & other unfashionable clubs, I sort of get where they are coming from.

Lets face it, FSG policy aside (before this thread goes off on one...) we’re never going to buy a player at their peak from Barca or Madrid or Bayern.

You could say that about other clubs as well, but for example, but I doubt we would ever and go sign Citeh or Chelsea’s main men like they did Sterling or Torres.

I don’t particularly agree with the Nike ad & wish it’d have been somewhat “We did it our own way & we’re the champions of everywhere” but I kinda get where it’s coming from.

Unfortunately, like all the Champions & Nike apparel at the moment, it’s all incredibly unimaginative.

11 hours ago, aRdja said:

It's just a typical FSG strategy to collectively lower our expectations of spending some cash. 

16 minutes ago, Aventus said:

It's just a typical FSG strategy to collectively lower our expectations of spending some cash. 

Nah.

It's more likely a recognition that the moments that we cherish the most - Istanbul and Barcelona pre-eminent among many - are when the odds are stacked against us.  Those are the moments that - as a fanbase, wherever we are in the world - really stir the juices and forge our image of who we are.

It's a bit of a bold move trying that line of marketing when we're the reigning Champions of Everything, but I'd prefer that to being some shouty, dick-swinging, arrogant gobshites like Real, Barca, Bayern or the Mancs.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Nah.

It's more likely a recognition that the moments that we cherish the most - Istanbul and Barcelona pre-eminent among many - are when the odds are stacked against us.  Those are the moments that - as a fanbase, wherever we are in the world - really stir the juices and forge our image of who we are.

It's a bit of a bold move trying that line of marketing when we're the reigning Champions of Everything, but I'd prefer that to being some shouty, dick-swinging, arrogant gobshites like Real, Barca, Bayern or the Mancs.

The only issue is at the moment we’re arguably the most feared team in Europe (therefore the world), so there’s a real misalignment there. 

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

The only issue is at the moment we’re arguably the most feared team in Europe (therefore the world), so there’s a real misalignment there. 

True.  But then a lot of what she's saying is supposed to be more about the city and it's people than the club.  There's that whole idea of relishing other people underestimating us and kicking against the pricks that is a big part of how we see ourselves.