You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

The difference between the two shirts is shocking. No kid is going to want the market version, kids who have it will probably feel like cunts next to the kids who got the player version. Yeah their entitled little shits but to make a bland as fuck ropey version of the kit the players wear and still charge 70 quid is poor form. 100 quid nuts.

I generally couldn’t care less these days. I just bought my girl last seasons kit with her name and the number 8 for her 8th birthday which is coming up, and I only did that cause we’re champions and it’ll be nice to have the champions patch on the side as a memory, but while she enjoys playing football, and “likes” Liverpool because she’s wants me to be happy, and i expect her to be thrilled because it’s got her name on it, she couldn’t really care less and will have no idea it’s not the new one.

That said, my view on this one is that I prefer the darker reds we’ve had in recent years. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I mean not an either or situation right? 

Depends who you’re talking about. For me, it’s a neither/or situation. Because I sure as fuck ain’t wearing a football top. The fact that they’re not £100 is fucking ridiculous but personally not a factor for me; I wouldn’t wear one if they gave them away. I’m not 12 and I no longer pretend to be Rush or Fowler when having a kick about with my mates. 

To each their own, if you want to wear one then it’s good times. I wouldn’t, so I’ll swerve it. 

53 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I generally couldn’t care less these days. I just bought my girl last seasons kit with her name and the number 8 for her 8th birthday which is coming up, and I only did that cause we’re champions and it’ll be nice to have the champions patch on the side as a memory, but while she enjoys playing football, and “likes” Liverpool because she’s wants me to be happy, and i expect her to be thrilled because it’s got her name on it, she couldn’t really care less and will have no idea it’s not the new one.

That said, my view on this one is that I prefer the darker reds we’ve had in recent years. 

When she was 2, I got my daughter a kit with her name & number etc on it. Cost about £50.

The #2 also indicated the number of times she ended up wearing it.

I won’t be making that mistake again.

22 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

Depends who you’re talking about. For me, it’s a neither/or situation. Because I sure as fuck ain’t wearing a football top. The fact that they’re not £100 is fucking ridiculous but personally not a factor for me; I wouldn’t wear one if they gave them away. I’m not 12 and I no longer pretend to be Rush or Fowler when having a kick about with my mates. 

To each their own, if you want to wear one then it’s good times. I wouldn’t, so I’ll swerve it. 

Fair enough. I like footy tops. I wear em when I’m on holiday mostly in the summer with shorts.. but I never wore them in the UK. Dont know why but it just didn’t feel right. 

14 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

When she was 2, I got my daughter a kit with her name & number etc on it. Cost about £50.

The #2 also indicated the number of times she ended up wearing it.

I won’t be making that mistake again.

Did you say to her “Do us all a favour and fuck off and watch another sport then.“

22 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Did you say to her “Do us all a favour and fuck off and watch another sport then.“

I thought about it but then they did a Hello Kitty LFC top & then she became interested again.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nah, there isn’t a good reason why adults shouldn’t wear football shirts. I don’t wear them myself but have no problem with others doing so. People should wear what they like and feel comfortable in.

That’s what I said; each to their own. My own is ‘it’s retarded, don’t do it. Other opinions may vary. I can’t help but look at a middle aged man in a football top and think... what the fuck are you doing. If he is happy, good luck to him. 

3 minutes ago, Nummer Neunzehn said:

That’s what I said; each to their own. My own is ‘it’s retarded, don’t do it. Other opinions may vary. I can’t help but look at a middle aged man in a football top and think... what the fuck are you doing. If he is happy, good luck to him. 

I look at plenty of people, of all ages, and think, “what are you wearing?” Generally speaking, people in this country dress abysmally.

15 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Supporters have choices as well. 

If you want to wear your shirt for 5-a-side multiple times every week and feel you would benefit from the athlete version, you have the option to buy that one.

If you don’t, you have the option to buy a cheaper version.

I don’t see the issue with it. 

I’ve more an issue even the cheaper one is £70. Ridiculous. I remember when I was a teenager, they were only £35-40 and that was expensive in the day. I bet if you look on the Nike website an unbranded kits, you can find our shirt design for < £30 - the badge sticks another £40+ on top! 

You're right, supporters do have a choice, but it's tougher with your kids - my youngest daughter loves her kits and the little cunts in her school even know the difference between club bought shirts and ones from the likes of sports direct - with the clubs having access to smaller numbers and letters which retailers are not. So it's almost a 3 tier system - retail where you maybe pay 40/50 quid per shirt, the club where it's 70 quid and the stadium shirt at 100. 

However, my big issue here is not they make a "stadium" version of the shirt, it's the very idea the "regular" £70 kit isn't a "replica" at all, it would appear to just be a bad jarg version. No issue if there's some super-duper material that breathes better for elite athletes, but really is no difference to the rest of us. But the very idea one looks like something you'd pick up off a beach shop in bodrum is a fucking disgrace. I'd even have no issue if they appeared identical for everything other than the vapour logo, but one has a pattern and one doesn't. It's a fucking disgrace whichever way people want to cut it. And they wonder why people buy jarg versions from China. 

I also agree about the costs without the logo's, I think there was an Adidas Leicester away kit a season or two back which was normal full price and you could pick the same up in the Adidas club shirt range (where you're buying for your Sunday league team or whatever) for 15 quid ! 

8 hours ago, an tha said:

Has the sleeve sponsorship with Western Union finished?

Seems to be no sleeve sponsor on pics of these new tops.....??

Be a bit of a revenue loss if have not got a sleeve sponsor.

Yeah, I noticed that the other day. What's the bet we have a sponsor by the time the season starts and all of those "replicas" are even less replica. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the state of the £70 version forces people into thinking they might as well buy a blag version on line.  

Can anyone post a picture of the shorts?  They are even worse.  Cynical bastards.  I don't want the club to suffer financially but I honestly wouldn't blame people/parents who think "fuck you".

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

The names and numbers printed on the back?

Yeah, so if you get a kids kit from sports direct or jjb or something, they're adult numbers and sometimes take the whole back  That's not an LFC thing, it's a PL thing. You can also only get the PL names and numbers in these retail outlets. If you want the club ones (which we use in all games except for PL), they're only available from the club shop (in store or online). That was certainly true till last season anyway. I've not tried to buy anything this season yet. Frankly, it all seems such a scam I'm tempted to buy her from China for a tenner. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Moo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the state of the £70 version forces people into thinking they might as well buy a blag version on line.  

Can anyone post a picture of the shorts?  They are even worse.  Cynical bastards.  I don't want the club to suffer financially but I honestly wouldn't blame people/parents who think "fuck you".

A mate of mine was saying you can get the stadium full kit for kids from China for 20 quid. He's got them for other clubs in the past (I've seen his kids in Barca kits in the past).