You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

1 hour ago, Mook said:

All online to pre-order now & all fucking horrible...

https://store.liverpoolfc.com/kit?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=lfc-organic-social-ad&utm_campaign=ret-home-kit-launch-2021

£60 for a pair of 'stadium shorts'? Fuck off.

Your estimated wait time is over an hour. 

No stadium shorts for me. 

On 01/08/2020 at 08:08, Code said:

How are we skint?

I got an mail this morning and clicked the link.

There is actually a queue at our online store, sweet jesus.

2F003134-AC4A-4712-9B52-351E6B31EF23.png

I’ve just done exactly the same! I only clicked on it to see a close up view

Every time a new expensive kit deal is revealed, the price always goes up on the kit. The manufacturers never lower their costs, it's all passed on to the consumer. Plus if we're getting a cut of every shirt sold, we won't be fussed if the price has gone up.

2 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

"when the world thinks it can't be done, boss it." 

Yeeeeeeeeeeer what, mate? Jib the shit fucking slogans and just release the kit. 

The slogans are embarrassing. There's people who sit round a desk who get paid for that shit. It blows my fucking mind. Like an old man thinking someone with a backwards cap on saying "Yo dude... let's chill to the max" will resonate with a young hip crowd. LFC or Nike fuck off the slogans and the marketing retards! fuck off those grim untalented incapable people, put them where they belong at my level contributing fuck all creatively to society.  Some of the slogans I've read in stands across the league during lockdown are such empty cringeworthy bullshit.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Code said:

That's quite a departure design /appearance-wise from the player kit. I know it’s been a thing for a while to sell the (even) more expensive version, but the 'standard' shirts haven’t literally looked like knock-offs up prior to Nike.

15 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

That's quite a departure design /appearance-wise from the player kit. I know it’s been a thing for a while to sell the (even) more expensive version, but the 'standard' shirts haven’t literally looked like knock-offs up prior to Nike.

So they are now selling two versions? Keep your money in your pockets mums and dads.

6 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

So they are now selling two versions? Keep your money in your pockets mums and dads.

They have been for a while - the players kit is a tighter fit and, I think, slightly different fabric - but this is the first time that the standard replica literally looks like something you’d find on the market. The polyester sheen on the 'cheap' version is something else!

This Nike kit launches a new era for Liverpool supporting kids, in which their new £70 shirt will be an object of scorn and derision.

33 minutes ago, Juniper said:

Adidas used to sell two versions also, pretty sure Warrior did too.

Nike doing it is nothing new to us. 

But yeah, still pretty shite. 

Player version shirts have been around since 2000, I've got an Adidas Argentina shirt from that period that's a player version. All that's happened now is the more accessible than they used to be.

You're right it's nothing new.

15 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

Player version shirts have been around since 2000, I've got an Adidas Argentina shirt from that period that's a player version. All that's happened now is the more accessible than they used to be.

You're right it's nothing new.

Yeah, but they usually tend to have the same design (or at least the NB kits have) and are more or less indistinguishable at a glance. The replica version of the new one seems to have been designed to look very obviously like the ‘cheap' one.

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yeah, but they usually tend to have the same design (or at least the NB kits have) and are more or less indistinguishable at a glance. The replica version of the new one seems to have been designed to look very obviously like the ‘cheap' one.

They do have the same design, the details on the player version are always more noticeable when they're side by side.