You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

17 minutes ago, Pete said:

Meh. Should’ve stuck with New Balance. This season’s kit is great. 

Even though we will earn more money with Nike, potentially attracting better players to bring success? What you want, Pete, is for the club to go bankrupt just so you can have a relevant avatar? 

Fair enough. Repped. 

• Downvote 1

17 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha look at your avatar ffs 

True but they are far better than this actual kit. The internet is awash with mock ups that piss all over these. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Even though we will earn more money with Nike, potentially attracting better players to bring success? What you want, Pete, is for the club to go bankrupt just so you can have a relevant avatar? 

Fair enough. Repped. 

Yeah. I’m fed up of us being ace. We should be signing more Paul Konchesky’s and Joe Cole’s. In fact let’s get Umbro to make our kit again!!!

4 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

Nah, it’s rubbish. I’d never buy or wear a modern footy kit, but I still like to take an interest in them. It’s good to look good.

I don't understand why the big clubs don't stand their ground with the likes of Nike. Just tell them "every Nike Liverpool shirt sold will be bought because it's a Liverpool shirt, not because of Nike. Design us something decent that looks like a Liverpool shirt."

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I think for players with darker skin tone could get away with it. I could see Gini or Mane looking good in that kit. 

They'd look better in something based on a traditional white shirt or an 80s yellow, rather than a colour that can only be achieved by bingeing on avocados and full-fat milk until you vom.

4 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't understand why the big clubs don't stand their ground with the likes of Nike. Just tell them "every Nike Liverpool shirt sold will be bought because it's a Liverpool shirt, not because of Nike. Design us something decent that looks like a Liverpool shirt."

Sadly you are underestimating the number of absolute meffs who actually do go into Nike shops and just buy a footy shirt because they like how it looks.

Not saying these designs are any good though, they're not.

3 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

They'd look better in something based on a traditional white shirt or an 80s yellow, rather than a colour that can only be achieved by bingeing on avocados and full-fat milk until you vom.

giphy.gif

Whatever you think of our new kits for next season, at least we are not being lumbered with the sort of shite Adidas have cooked up for the Mancs. That's some seriously next level eye aids shit that even Warrior would have rejected for being too out there.

The worry with Nike is that they'll start to really fuck about with our home kits like they have for Barcelona and Inter, to name but two. Bayern fans protested and boycotted their kits earlier this season because they were sick of the amount of blue on them. The team was doing a bit shit too, at least in the Bundesliga. They swapped the blue shorts for red and coincidentally have had an upturn in form, becoming favourites to win the league again (whenever it restarts). More importantly, they've had the club write it into the charter that home kits must be traditional red with white trim. I think Liverpool need to do something like that too, just so the sports manufacturers don't think they can take such liberties just because they pay so much.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, just make a kit based on either of these:

28AC783E-6743-42DA-B569-1891472A3DB0.jpeg

D8961055-BCCC-4D90-B622-497FD6137B69.jpeg

Away kit should be based on this (black shorts):

0B8554E5-41F8-4FCD-959E-CF78DEBBFE2B.jpeg

Whilst I’d prefer the third kit to be yellow, I’d not be that arsed it they changed the colour every year and/or used zany designs. Not my cup of tea but I appreciate it appeals to kids.

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Just do it.

10 hours ago, Mook said:

This is grim...

Reminds me of my grandads bathroom in Kenny. He had one of those dolls you put over the toilet roll. Everything was that colour, the wallpaper, the tiles, the floor, the ceiling, the sink, the toilet, even the damn plastic shelf and toothbrush cup. 

• Upvote 1

On 15/04/2020 at 22:34, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I remember chatting with my mate between the barbecue finishing and the match build up starting on champions league final day last summer at mine, about the player you immediately associate with any given shirt.

not necessarily the best, or even the player you most liked, but the one that just straight away jumps into mind when you see it.

for example, the 93-95 kit above screams Nigel Clough at me straight away. I want it to be Fowler, or Rush, but it’s not. It’s Clough.

So here’s some more from the nineties into the early 2000s...

E438C829-F38E-4EBA-A2E2-FB5021677A64.gif

Ronnie Rosenthal.

AE000800-55D8-49BA-85D5-ED50E7A3BE46.gif

this should really be the diamond one, but still... John Barnes.

D29B7220-CEFC-485F-B918-86C8EE87BA06.gif

Rob Jones

F992FB13-4367-44D8-A3EB-5AC46150ABA6.gif

Mike Marsh

F31409D9-D323-4349-8DBD-5BD3EBD99F4C.gif

Don Hutchison or Torben Piechnik

5CC0C378-294E-455E-A1F7-9EB2BFA2B896.gif

Steve McManaman

EF5FDE02-452B-499F-A87B-76C21DA40B44.gif

Nigel Clough

28B31A20-EABB-4156-AD5A-D404F5394E5E.gif

Robbie Fowler

4968A646-D3AA-4910-B9B3-0CCFFFC92728.gif

Stan Collymore

FB388CCC-52DA-4C79-8705-42009E74FF1E.gif

Patrik Berger

21C906F5-4BF1-4236-9225-EC5132B7D2D9.gif

Michael Owen

3B6F1CF8-C48D-45D4-A806-CB5DF9FC7688.gif

Vegard Heggem

9E12ED89-C413-4397-9579-5D523334D79E.gif

Gary McAllister or Vladimir Smicer

E54669DF-0CA6-4EF4-9CF5-003A6482B3C3.gif

Stephane Henchoz

151320A5-DC0C-4B01-8C6C-9F4CBD22A971.gif

Steven Gerrard

The only one I'd actually disagree with is the Gold Reebok kit, which is Danny Murphy for me. 

The Grey Candy was my first football kit. It's still a thing of absolute beauty. 

• 4 weeks later...