You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Not long back from Anfield. Got roped into some market research thing by my birds mate. 60 quid cash in hand. Just had to talk about Liverpool clobber from the club shop for an hour and a half. It was in the Western Union lounge in the Main Stand (more like a cafeteria with a bar). This company from Manchester were brought in and were asking what we thought about loads of different items from the club shop. Had a few LFC shop representatives there to listen. I basically hated every item they showed us, common opinion was that it is all too gimmicky. Pointless logos in weird places, Liverbird too big and LFC not needed underneath. The quality of the gear is top shelf to be fair but the designs are just awful. 

It was all the official LFC gear as well not NB. I was honest and said I'd rather spend my money in Hat,Scarf or Badge or Love,Follow,Conquer than the club shop. 

Club shop clobber is designed like it is made for kids IMO.

I cringe when I hear people say football shirts are for kids or wools and that adults shouldn’t wear them. People should just wear what they like.

I like footy kits, albeit mostly older ones, and used to collect them when I had more disposable income. They’re not something I’d wear though. I can’t get on with polyester.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Tony Moanero said:

I cringe when I hear people say football shirts are for kids or wools and that adults shouldn’t wear them. People should just wear what they like.

I like footy kits, albeit mostly older ones, and used to collect them when I had more disposable income. They’re not something I’d wear though. I can’t get on with polyester.

I agree people should be able to wear what they want but if you're wearing a modern Football jersey, you're basically a walking billboard for slave labour (Nike) & capitalism (Standard Chartered). Everybody knows who you support & that you'll pay £70 for a horrible polyester t-shirt with someone else's name on the back that doesn't go with anything & on top of that, you really limit the places you can go, especially at an away match.

Fuck that.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, I think the shirt mockery is a bit sad in itself. Personally though, I buy shirts very occasionally nowadays and wear them even less. I got the first Warrior home one in 2012 and since then, just this season's CL winners / No. 6 badge home shirt because I missed out in 2005 and decided, by way of absurd superstition, that is why the anticipated next step of a title challenge failed to materialise.

11 minutes ago, Mook said:

I agree people should be able to wear what they want but if you're wearing a modern Football jersey, you're basically a walking billboard for slave labour (Nike) & capitalism (Standard Chartered). Everybody knows who you support & that you'll pay £70 for a horrible polyester t-shirt with someone else's name on the back that doesn't go with anything & on top of that, you really limit the places you can go, especially at an away match.

Fuck that.

The price of modern footy shirts is ridiculous and I agree that many of the sponsors - banking, betting, Qatar Airways, etc. are off-putting, but generally speaking, they still look sound worn with jeans and trainees, in my opinion. That said, I’m set in my ways and much prefer the design and aesthetics of the kits from years gone by.

49 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Yeah, I think the shirt mockery is a bit sad in itself. Personally though, I buy shirts very occasionally nowadays and wear them even less. I got the first Warrior home one in 2012 and since then, just this season's CL winners / No. 6 badge home shirt because I missed out in 2005 and decided, by way of absurd superstition, that is why the anticipated next step of a title challenge failed to materialise.

Same here, I got the first warrior one and got last year's one because of the CL win. However, I could not afford an original from the shop hence opted for a replica. Now I wear both of them whenever our team is playing and it's working out well for the team so far :-)

6 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I just wish the adults who do wear them wore the right sized shirts.

16 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I didn’t know you liked old ones Tony, why didn’t you say? 

• Upvote 1

Football is that toxic that wearing your team's shirt in public is met with negatively, if I see someone with a United shirt I'll automatically think "What a cunt." For all I know they could be the nicest bloke in the world. Conversely if I see someone in a Wigan rugby league shirt I'm indifferent despite the fact that I'm a big Saints rugby league fan. My point being, it's sad that football rivalry has become so vitriolic as other sports are nowhere near as bad.

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

Football is that toxic that wearing your team's shirt in public is met with negatively, if I see someone with a United shirt I'll automatically think "What a cunt." For all I know they could be the nicest bloke in the world. Conversely if I see someone in a Wigan rugby league shirt I'm indifferent despite the fact that I'm a big Saints rugby league fan. My point being, it's sad that football rivalry has become so vitriolic as other sports are nowhere near as bad.

You're not wrong though.

20 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I guess McVities sponsoring Liverpool would be your dream come true mate.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

If I see Man U, Chelsea, Southampton or Wigan RL I always think or sometimes utter "cunt"

If I see a cunt in a r*ngers top I physically shudder. Disgusting. 

3 hours ago, Elite said:

I couldnt give a fuck what someone thought of me because of what I wear, whether that's a footie shirt doing the game or a suit if Im at work. If someone wants to make a decision like that based on my appearance, that says more about their own insecurities than it does about me as far as Im concerned.

3 hours ago, Elite said:

, if I see someone with a United shirt I'll automatically think "What a cunt." For all I know they could be the nicest bloke in the world.

Nah, he's a cunt. 

That's one of the things that makes me laugh on holiday, by the pool and all that and you see some twat in a cunt shirt of some type. I don't wear footy shirts, but I have shorts for on holiday and I get tshirts from lovefollowconquer and upthereds and I always start wearing them as soon as I see some other twat in their colours. It probably makes me a cunt, but it's something I've never denied being. 

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

I couldnt give a fuck what someone thought of me because of what I wear, whether that's a footie shirt doing the game or a suit if Im at work. If someone wants to make a decision like that based on my appearance, that says more about their own insecurities than it does about me as far as Im concerned.

I thought you looked rather fetching when I saw you on the train in this mate 

cb34d23008394dfc71800cee325217a3--le-met