You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nike deal

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Must admit, Im sceptical of the figures being banded about for this deal. The base figure of £30m now looks ridiculously cheap considering where the club is positioned. Nike have got a bargain, we'll still be World Champions when their deal kicks in and probably Premier League Champions to boot.

The deal is £15m less than NB's deal and that involved record shirt sales in the last two years. Even factoring in a straight 30% 'bonus' that makes the annual figure only £39m which is still £6m a year less than NB's deal. They're going to have to shift an awful lot of stuff to get close to the much vaunted £75m united deal never mind top it.

Perhaps when the first year's figures become clear in the relevant set of account we'll know better?

Isn't the bonus( or Royalties) based on Global sale figures, not the annual base figure. If so it would be a lot more than 30% of 30 million.

1 hour ago, R BENO said:

Isn't the bonus( or Royalties) based on Global sale figures, not the annual base figure. If so it would be a lot more than 30% of 30 million.

I don't know how the royalties work, but if the mail is right and the target is 80m, that means we need to make 50m in royalties. Nike say they have pre-ordered 2.9m units (which is apparently the same numbers as we sold last year with NB). That would suggest we'd need to be paid a little over 17 quid per shirt. Is that realistic to make that much a shirt? I've no idea, but I feel fsg wouldn't select a deal that wasn't delivering big time and it would seem likely we'd have something that's a massive improvement on the last 45m deal. 

I read that we will make 20% on all sales of Nike merchandise, so that’s replica kits, training gear and other stuff like hats and bags. I haven’t wore a football shirt since I was in my mid-20’s, but I’m quite partial to a nice polo shirt, a sweatshirt or maybe a trackie top.

There’s some nice gear on the Nike Chelsea site, but it’s really pricey - https://www.nike.com/gb/w/mens-chelsea-fc-2yc65znik1.

13 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

I don't know how the royalties work, but if the mail is right and the target is 80m, that means we need to make 50m in royalties. Nike say they have pre-ordered 2.9m units (which is apparently the same numbers as we sold last year with NB). That would suggest we'd need to be paid a little over 17 quid per shirt. Is that realistic to make that much a shirt? I've no idea, but I feel fsg wouldn't select a deal that wasn't delivering big time and it would seem likely we'd have something that's a massive improvement on the last 45m deal. 

Standard replica shirt is £60, European shirt £75  I’m sure that there be a similar premium if you want the World Champions badge on

Then there’s all the training gear, trackies, coats etc that you can spend £100 plus on

but even if we just sold the “basic replica” top at £60 that’s £12 per shirt in royalties and selling the same amount as last year (2.9m) would give us £35m a year on top of the £30m base payment.

Nikes global presence and their influencers will make them and the club confident that they can increase sales considerably 

signing Minimano will increase shirt sales way beyond the 7m we just spent on him

Oh, and cos it’s Nike, there’s every chance the replicas will increase in price anyway, Barca and Madrid sell theirs for £80+

54 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Glad I don’t have to buy kits anymore.

I can't wait to get me new born in the wee babies kits but will I fuck be paying that sort of money until they are older.   It's the same old tat you get online for a tenner anyway. 

25 minutes ago, Grinch said:

I can't wait to get me new born in the wee babies kits but will I fuck be paying that sort of money until they are older.   It's the same old tat you get online for a tenner anyway. 

I was buying my kids all the kits up until they were 16, cost a bomb. The baby kits are fine like. To be fair they never had the kits off.