You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield Road redevelopment

Thoth

Liverpool Football Club today reaffirms its intention to redevelop the Anfield Road stand with ambitious new plans now under active consideration.

As part of this process, the six-time European champions have committed to engaging with the local community and other key stakeholders while pursuing a vision in keeping with the club’s aspirations.

As a direct result of this development, existing outline planning permission will be allowed to lapse in order to allow work to continue on alternative options with a view to submitting a new planning application for a larger scheme in due course.  

Liverpool FC chief operating officer Andy Hughes said: “The progress that has been made during ongoing feasibility studies has resulted in us being in a position to allow the outline planning permission to lapse. We are committed to working with local residents, planning officials and others as we now focus on the detail behind any proposed redevelopment for Anfield Road.

“Throughout this process we have been clear that our objective is to find the best possible solution for Anfield Road and that remains the case."

Just now, Thoth said:

Liverpool Football Club today reaffirms its intention to redevelop the Anfield Road stand with ambitious new plans now under active consideration.

As part of this process, the six-time European champions have committed to engaging with the local community and other key stakeholders while pursuing a vision in keeping with the club’s aspirations.

As a direct result of this development, existing outline planning permission will be allowed to lapse in order to allow work to continue on alternative options with a view to submitting a new planning application for a larger scheme in due course.  

Liverpool FC chief operating officer Andy Hughes said: “The progress that has been made during ongoing feasibility studies has resulted in us being in a position to allow the outline planning permission to lapse. We are committed to working with local residents, planning officials and others as we now focus on the detail behind any proposed redevelopment for Anfield Road.

“Throughout this process we have been clear that our objective is to find the best possible solution for Anfield Road and that remains the case."

K.

Been hoping this was in the works.  Road will need to be diverted, but the space is there for it (unlike centenary).  Needs upgrading regardless but have to wonder, if the capacity is to increase much more, what the plan is to relieve parking issues.

1 minute ago, Pidge said:

Been hoping this was in the works.  Needs upgrading regardless but have to wonder, if the capacity is to increase much more, what the plan is to relieve parking issues.

Knock down Goodison and use that land as an extra car-park for Anfield. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

That communique is definitely one for the Corporate Bellendery thread.

We have worked so brilliantly that this has allowed us to let planning permission lapse. Well done us.

( Good job I know that emojis bring on a Negfest on here )

Negged for being tempted to use one of the cunts 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Send up the @Barry Wom signal. 

Marvelous propaganda from the echo again. I got this on my Google news feed earlier, with the headlines of "Liverpool announce exciting new anfield rd end plan ". Except that's exactly what we don't do. We announce we're not doing what we initially put a planning application for about 5 years ago, but we knew that already from the stories a few weeks back. And right now we have absolutely fuck all else to offer except we don't want to do what we said before. 

Screenshot_20190822_132647_com.mirror.liverpoolfc.jpg

Just now, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

First person to locate why this is entirely a negative and proof we are 

a) skint 

b) unambitious

c) spending our income on lining FSG’s pockets 

gets a month’s free course of Sertraline.

a) Press release with no pictures? Probably either made up to save money or they've cheaped out.

b) if they really wanted to get this done, they would have a 120k seater ready to go.

c) if they do it, it'll only be to raise the value of the asset so they can sell us to the devil.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Knock down Goodison and use that land as an extra car-park for Anfield. 

That land is to be used for the local community they’ll decimate by leaving for Bramley Moore Dock. Presumably to forage for berries and to hunt rats for food.

5 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

a) Press release with no pictures? Probably either made up to save money or they've cheaped out.

b) if they really wanted to get this done, they would have a 120k seater ready to go.

c) if they do it, it'll only be to raise the value of the asset so they can sell us to the devil.

I'll pm you half the tablets Lizzie forwarded to me

• Upvote 2

Just now, sir roger said:

All joking apart, Lizzie , what do you see as positive in that memo ?

For me, the positive is that they're making clear they're upgrading the plans rather than just letting it slide. Now, I guess people could say it's a big lie and would never happen, like they did when they said the Main Stand would never happen, but I think there's a solid financial decision making process around it and that making it bigger and better will actually increase the value of their asset and, at the same time, make the ground better. Win-win. 

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, sir roger said:

That communique is definitely one for the Corporate Bellendery thread.

We have worked so brilliantly that this has allowed us to let planning permission lapse. Well done us.

( Good job I know that emojis bring on a Negfest on here )

Isn’t Communique one of Beyonce’s sisters?

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, sir roger said:

All joking apart, Lizzie , what do you see as positive in that memo ?

Naivero Greenticinco has more or less provided what I see as potentially positive about it mate. I see no reason to immediately write it off as some sort of smokescreen. 

It either will or won’t happen, so I’ll ultimately judge them on that (guided by the fact this is the same sort of lengthy/methodical process the main stand planning and execution went through) than rush to be instinctively pissed off/negative about it.