You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Over exposed celebrities

Redder Lurtz

I'm not on about the plethora of talent vacuum fucktards who smear themselves all over the tv and media. I mean genuinely funny or interesting famous people who've been massively overexposed by their greedy management, producers or just by their own voracity. 

I'll start with Romesh Ranganathan. I fucking loved this bloke 3 or 4 years ago. Self deprecating, funny and seemed a genuinely good bloke but fuck me he's omnipresent nowadays. And he's done some proper shite too. That Judge Romesh is way past fucking terrible. Have 2 years off and come back as you used to be when you were funny ffs. 

• Upvote 7

Cant stand Romesh. I watched something with him on a few years ago and he wouldn't shut the fuck up. It was one of them panel shows and he kept trying (and failing) to be funny. I wish he would fuck off for two years and follow it up with another 50 the unfunny, loud twat. 

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Cant stand Romesh. I watched something with him on a few years ago and he wouldn't shut the fuck up. It was one of them panel shows and he kept trying (and failing) to be funny. I wish he would fuck off for two years and follow it up with another 50 the unfunny, loud twat. 

Is there a programme or advert he’s not in that Romesh ? Not sure of his name ,  Mark Richardson?, usually on the usual shit same old faces shows , he’s going the same way as they start on their show probably on E4 or the like next a baking show then Who Do You Think You Are, which can be ok at times, then off abroad so we can follow them on their adventures.

That ghastly bird Stacey Dooley , asking some woman in Africa somewhere “ when you heard the blast , how frightening was that ?” Fuck sake , that’s why I throw the BBC a tenner now and again and don’t get the TV Times tingle no more , a load of Cack.

Amy Winehouse watched the film the other night. Once the fame hit there was no chance for her. Husband who wanted her on drugs with him,Dad and new manager exploiting the fuck out of her and only  arsed about cash, well thats what i got out the film/

edit

Add the papparazi to the list pf cunts causing the increasing pressure

34 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

That ghastly bird Stacey Dooley , asking some woman in Africa somewhere “ when you heard the blast , how frightening was that ?” Fuck sake , that’s why I throw the BBC a tenner now and again and don’t get the TV Times tingle no more , a load of Cack.

Can't watch any of her stuff. It's hard to tell if she's genuinely fucking stupid or just (really) dumbing everything down for TV.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, A Red said:

He was ok in that thing he did in Columbia the other night. 

Did he walk into a narcos cafe and start calling them all junkie cunts and spitting at them? if so I'd happily watch how that turns out. 

For fear of this becoming another 'celebrities you hate thread' I have to add Jack Whitehall. To be fair I haven't seen much with him in lately but whenever he comes on my screen it sends me into a rage. 

Danny Dyer. I like Danny Dyer to be honest. All them real football factories were shite but passed time if nothing else was on but he is still appearing on loads. I watched a 'Have I Got News For You' the other night. He was hosting. Ok he wasn't too bad and did make me laugh out loud a couple of times but putting him on a show like that with someone as dry as Paul Merton is out of order. Judie Murray was on it as well? Cant stand her although she didn't come across as annoying as I have previously found her to be.  

• Upvote 1

Ainsley Harriott, there was a time when he first came onto the TV with ready Steady Cook when he was new and kinda funny in a harmless way but then suddenly the cunt turned up on everything (he even got his own short lived show in the states) and it no time at all it turned into hatred of the cunt.

Needless to say I think everyone felt the same and he seemed to disappear completely off the screen but then the other morning he was resurrected on both Saturday Kitchen and James Martin's show (he's another one).Then  Monday evening I turned over onto ITV and the Image result for ainsley harriott grinning cunt has his own prime time show......I guess you really can't flush some turds away 

50 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

Yeah, James Martin. The dullest man on television. All the time.

Along with Michael Parkinson and Geoff Boycott, he needs the world to know he's a Yorkshireman, how they like their money to go a long way, how even their small portions are massive, and how it is God's own country. Just like the other two, he chooses not to live in Yorkshire.

• Upvote 3

I don't know whether she's over-exposed, but Dr Alice Roberts is certainly a bit busy.  She keeps cropping up as an anatomist, an osteo-archaeologist, an evolutionary biologist... basically, a credible expert in just about everything.  Then there's the stuff that she's more of an enthusiast than an expert in (like Wild Swimming or Britain's Most Historic Towns) plus the occasional mandatory panel-show appearances.

For all that exposure, I can't resent her, because she's a good presenter in a range of interesting subjects and (of course) she's lovely.

Alice-Roberts-Copyright-Craig-Hastings.j

7 hours ago, A Red said:

He was ok in that thing he did in Columbia the other night. 

Is this the programme where he going around different places putting himself in different situations he's not going to like ? If so, I thought it was just a poor attempt at Ricky Gervais's An Idiot Abroad.

Cathryn Ryan used to be ok when she first hit the scene. She just needs to fuck off back to Canada now and take Carr, Riley and Richardson with her.

• Upvote 1

James Martin is a massive cunt. There is an expression in motorsport "all the gear and no idea" which marks him out perfectly. I watched a show where he was going to do a historic event, bought a car and had it all rebuilt and didn't have a fucking clue what he was talking about.

His girlfriend wanted to do the event with him and he was an utter cunt to her about it and how a woman couldn't navigate. Then he ended up picking a female racing driver to navigate for him, with a prelude that consisted of him talking about whether she could be a good driver as she's a woman, despite the fact he had no experience himself whatsoever. 

Then takes her to navigate for him, driving a racing car on a circuit provides precisely 0% of the skills you need to be a good navigator. 

Then pushes for the car to be finished and takes it out with a brand new engine and revs the bollocks off it, the inevitable happens and the engine let go. Then he starts acting the cunt about the engine builder being clueless despite the fact he's taken a brand new racing engine and wellied the fuck out of it before it was run in.

He's a complete and utter self absorbed arrogant prick who thinks he's special because he knows how to knock up a meal, treats his missus like shit and then blamed everyone but himself for the fact he hasn't got a clue about cars or motorsport. 

I'd like to see Michelle Mouton and Fabrizia Pons drag him by the bollocks behind a Quattro so he can see what a female driver and navigator who aren't clueless gobshites like he is can do. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Think I saw that programme Chev. Was it the Mille Miglia and a 60-odd year old classic car he wellied best part of a million quid on?

He sat there crying when it broke down at the start didn’t he.

That's the one. It was his fault it broke though, you simply don't take a car like that out without a shake down and making sure the engine is run in. 

I put more prep into my stuff and he probably spent more on that event than my entire career has cost. 

Edit: And the crying is definitely unacceptable, I've put cars through brick walls and into trees and been laughing about it 10 minutes later. 

5 minutes ago, chevettehs said:

That's the one. It was his fault it broke though, you simply don't take a car like that out without a shake down and making sure the engine is run in. 

I put more prep into my stuff and he probably spent more on that event than my entire career has cost. 

Edit: And the crying is definitely unacceptable, I've put cars through brick walls and into trees and been laughing about it 10 minutes later. 

Aye, he was the usual boorish tedious know-all throughout, then a snivelling child at the end.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Stickman said:

Ainsley Harriott, there was a time when he first came onto the TV with ready Steady Cook when he was new and kinda funny in a harmless way but then suddenly the cunt turned up on everything (he even got his own short lived show in the states) and it no time at all it turned into hatred of the cunt.

Needless to say I think everyone felt the same and he seemed to disappear completely off the screen but then the other morning he was resurrected on both Saturday Kitchen and James Martin's show (he's another one).Then  Monday evening I turned over onto ITV and the Image result for ainsley harriott grinning cunt has his own prime time show......I guess you really can't flush some turds away 

Allegedly a disgruntled tv magazine employee once deliberately listed his programme as 

Ainsley Harriott's Massive Co*k out

And that Rylan guy is on fucking everything.

• Upvote 1