You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton Wanderers and the like ....

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, suzy said:

If they do go under I wonder what happens to their games in the league? Do the other teams get 3 points or what?? I know Bury have had all their games postponed.

I think the teams they've played would lose the points gained, killer for Tranmere if Bolton go because that's the only points they've got.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, magicrat said:

I was delighted Rovers stuffed them at the weekend

Repped 

18 hours ago, littletedwest said:

3 of my cousins have or had season tickets. They hate united and were made up we won the champions league.

Growing up as kids we would watch the scores come in at my nans they were relegated after losing to aldershot as we won another league, they still carried on supporting them

From my away day experiences they're fucking horrible. Pelted with coins and bottles. Tin pot songs, tin pot club. Fuck them. I'm sure your cousins are ok though. 

21 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

A Tranmere fan I work with said they were all massive twats and buzzed off Tranmere when they dropped out of the Football league and thought it was hilarious. Quite a few had a laugh at them on Saturday.

My mates who go to Prenton were ecstatic,  I've been to a few of the Bolton games home and away and got a load of grief one time at the old Burnden Park. Some fucking horrible fans they have . No tears from me if they go pop.

10 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

I think the teams they've played would lose the points gained, killer for Tranmere if Bolton go because that's the only points they've got.

Thanks for that, I’ve also just seen on sky one less team relegated.

There are far too many teams

The market does not work, most kids do not want to support a club with no chance of success, especially these days with so much top football on TV, and FIFA seemingly replacing real.playing football for so many of them. Yes 92 clubs can survive but not by paying the wages they do. 

How the fuck is the average salary in the 4th tier nearly 50 grand a year. 

Championship players earn an average salary of £195,750, League One players £67,850 and League Two £49,600

Is it any wonder a club paying on average 50 grand a year to their players with average attendences of well under 10k in leagues 1 and 2(barring any fallen ex premier league clubs). The wages are ridiculous and the expectation that the premier league should give them more money to over pay players not that much better than non league is stupid. The EFL outside the Championship does not generate nearly enough money for the transfer fees and wages it pays. Any other sport and entertainment projected is expected to live within it means, but lower league football expects to be different.  The lower league clubs also started trying to get clubs paying stupid money for home grown english players ad that led to clubs looking abroad for often better and cheaper players so they fucked themselves with that income too

I have some sympathy for some of the fans, but many of these will be the first cunts singing sign on and always the victims come a cup tie against them, most of my sympathy goes to the staff who need the money and get fucked over, 

55 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

There are far too many teams

The market does not work, most kids do not want to support a club with no chance of success, especially these days with so much top football on TV, and FIFA seemingly replacing real.playing football for so many of them. Yes 92 clubs can survive but not by paying the wages they do. 

How the fuck is the average salary in the 4th tier nearly 50 grand a year. 

Championship players earn an average salary of £195,750, League One players £67,850 and League Two £49,600

Is it any wonder a club paying on average 50 grand a year to their players with average attendences of well under 10k in leagues 1 and 2(barring any fallen ex premier league clubs). The wages are ridiculous and the expectation that the premier league should give them more money to over pay players not that much better than non league is stupid. The EFL outside the Championship does not generate nearly enough money for the transfer fees and wages it pays. Any other sport and entertainment projected is expected to live within it means, but lower league football expects to be different.  The lower league clubs also started trying to get clubs paying stupid money for home grown english players ad that led to clubs looking abroad for often better and cheaper players so they fucked themselves with that income too

I have some sympathy for some of the fans, but many of these will be the first cunts singing sign on and always the victims come a cup tie against them, most of my sympathy goes to the staff who need the money and get fucked over, 

Average home attendance in league two is just over 4500 imagine a ticket is 20 quid thats 90 grand a game. Thats 23 home games so thats over 2 million a season just on gate receipts. Then you have sponsors, cup games etc. It is sustainable if every player is on 50k a year plus all the other costs (staff, police, ground etc). Not a money maker for an owner really but still sustainable. 

20 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Average home attendance in league two is just over 4500 imagine a ticket is 20 quid thats 90 grand a game. Thats 23 home games so thats over 2 million a season just on gate receipts. Then you have sponsors, cup games etc. It is sustainable if every player is on 50k a year plus all the other costs (staff, police, ground etc). Not a money maker for an owner really but still sustainable. 

Then add on tax,policing costs,medical expenses,youth academies,transfer fees,agent fees. If it was sustainable less clubs would be going down the shitter. I would bet heavily that years back players in the old 3/4th division where not on approaching twice the UK national average wage. 

I can't pretend to care about Bolton or Bury, so I can't join in with the wailing and gnashing of teeth. I think what really upsets people is the idea that football clubs are finite, and the plight of these two clubs brings that idea home. It's also a convenient stick to bash modern football with for people who subscribe to that agenda, even though hundreds of clubs have been rendered defunct throughout history (in Wigan alone, for example, they ploughed through four clubs before the fifth, Athletic, became the first to achieve solvency).

1 minute ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I can't pretend to care about Bolton or Bury, so I can't join in with the wailing and gnashing of teeth. I think what really upsets people is the idea that football clubs are finite, and the plight of these two clubs brings that idea home. It's also a convenient stick to bash modern football with for people who subscribe to that agenda, even though hundreds of clubs have been rendered defunct throughout history (in Wigan alone, for example, they ploughed through four clubs before the fifth, Athletic, became the first to achieve solvency).

That's because they turned to using footballs as a last resort only when using rugby balls and meat pies failed to work.

Perhaps the real issue here is that any old shyster can turn up and promise the earth to a football club, and the footballing authorities lack the apparatus (or maybe even the will) to put a stop to it before the shysters get their name above the door.

I don't give a shit about the footballing fortunes of the actual teams but there are so many people whose livelihoods will be affected, who have financial obligations they are struggling to meet through no fault of their own. All because some shyster frittered money away and there was nobody to step in before they got the chance.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, Einch said:

Bolton can get to fuck. They were laughing long and hard when we were close to going into administration. Cunts. 

All teams have dick-head supporters, some more than others. However, in my opinion, it is a crying shame that Bolton Wanderers, a football with a 140 odd year history, face liquidation. 

1DE90706-D153-4799-87FE-CF4FB43518B5.jpeg

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Einch said:

Bolton can get to fuck. They were laughing long and hard when we were close to going into administration. Cunts. 

They are already in administration and now being made insolvent, which is the next stage on and means the club ceases to exist.

There's plenty of Liverpool fans who say we werent in any danger of going into administration as well.