You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jeffery Epstein & Friends

Dougie Do'ins

On the one hand:

On the other, Clifford already seems an almost quaint villain when compared to the present day’s media gerrymandering cunts, in much the same way Robert Maxwell now does relative to Murdoch.

Like comparing old bacteria to MRSA.

Clifford was still a malignant arsehole in his own right however, so refer to point 1.

• 2 weeks later...

Police won't say where Prince Andrew's guards were on night he's accused of sex with teen

EXCLUSIVE: The Met Police have come under fire after refusing to reveal where the royal's protection team was on the day Virginia Giuffre - who was trafficked by paedophile Jeffrey Epstein - claimed to have had sex with Andrew when she was 17. The Duke of York said he was at Pizza Express in Woking.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/police-wont-say-prince-andrews-21261789

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A highly respected former Royal protection officer has raised questions about Prince Andrew's 'alibi' for the night he allegedly had sex with teenage trafficking victim Virginia Roberts.

In an interview with The Mail on Sunday, the officer says he believes the Prince may have returned to Buckingham Palace in the early hours of March 11, 2001 – contradicting his account of being 'at home' all evening after taking his daughter Beatrice to Pizza Express in Woking.

Ms Roberts, then 17, claims that earlier that night she was coerced into having sex with the Duke after being flown to London by serial paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

Speaking for the first time, the officer – who had an 'exemplary' 23-year career in the Metropolitan Police – recalls how the Duke of York arrived by car at the front of the Palace in the middle of the night and hurled abuse at guards when they did not open the gates quickly enough.

Crucially, he believes it could have been the same evening the Duke was alleged to have had sex with Ms Roberts at the home of socialite Ghislaine Maxwell after dancing at Tramp nightclub in London. 

If correct, his bombshell account would shatter Andrew's so-called alibi.

The officer has neither requested nor received payment for his interview, and wishes to remain anonymous. But he says he has spoken out through a desire 'to see justice done'.

He has agreed to speak to the lawyers acting for Epstein's victims, who have repeatedly urged the Prince to cooperate with them.

The astonishing claims – provided in an affidavit signed by the officer – are also likely to be seized upon by the FBI. Agents want to talk to the Duke about Epstein, a prolific sex offender who abused Ms Roberts and killed himself last year while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

His account will heap new pressure on the Metropolitan Police to disclose any information it holds on Andrew's whereabouts on the day he was accused of having sex with Ms Roberts, 24 years his younger. 

The force has previously refused to reveal where the Duke's police bodyguards were that day, claiming the information could put national security at risk.

But the former officer intends to use data protection and freedom of information laws to access his own shift roster and other documents to confirm whether his account is correct. 

'Having considered Prince Andrew's alibi with my own recollections, it is my belief that the abusive confrontation with the royal could have been in the early hours of Sunday March 11, 2001,' said the officer.

'To be 100 per cent certain I would like access to my duty roster for that month. I believe I have a right to know my own shift patterns.' 

Last night, Lisa Bloom, a Los Angeles-based lawyer who represents several of Epstein's victims, said: 'We have been hoping that another witness would come forward and we encourage any others to contact me as well.

'I would be delighted to speak with the officer. It is now more imperative than ever that Prince Andrew does as he promised and cooperates with the FBI's investigation.'

A lawyer representing several other victims said he was keen to meet the officer, too, adding: 'We have being urging Prince Andrew to tell the FBI what he knows and we continue to do so.'

Ms Roberts – now 36 and going by her married surname Giuffre – alleges she was ordered to have sex with the Duke at the Belgravia home of Ms Maxwell, which is barely a mile from Buckingham Palace. 

This was the first of three alleged sexual encounters with the Prince.

Andrew has repeatedly and categorically denied having any sexual contact with Ms Roberts and, for the first time, provided an 'alibi' during a disastrous interview with the BBC's Newsnight in November. Speaking to Emily Maitlis, he said it 'couldn't have happened' because he was at home with his children.

'I was at home, I was with the children and I'd taken Beatrice [then aged 12] to a Pizza Express in Woking for a party at I suppose four or five in the afternoon,' he said.

'And then because the Duchess was away, we have a simple rule in the family that when one is away the other one is there.' He specifically remembered this 'because going to Pizza Express in Woking is an unusual thing for me to do'. Asked if he was 'absolutely sure that you were at home on March 10', he replied: 'Yeah.'

But for the experienced former police officer, Prince Andrew's explanation stirred a troubling memory from his time serving at Buckingham Palace with SO14, Scotland Yard's elite Royalty Protection Command. On taking up his job in January 2000, the officer was warned that Andrew had a reputation for being rude.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8033111/Former-Royal-protection-officer-raises-questions-Prince-Andrews-alibi.html

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Prince Andrew won't voluntarily cooperate in Epstein inquiry, prosecutor says

Despite public offer to help with investigation Andrew has ‘completely shut the door’, and New York attorney general is now considering other options

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2020/mar/09/prince-andrew-will-not-voluntarily-cooperate-epstein-investigation-lawyer-says

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Interesting point about the timing

@SethAbramson: Trump pal Epstein's accomplice will be prosecuted by SDNY days after Trump fixer Barr fired the head of SDNY. How many will assume—based on his track record and his dad's friendship with Epstein—Barr wanted greater control over the Maxwell case than he'd have with Berman at SDNY? https://twitter.com/jkbjournalist/status/1278680896460242944