You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jeffery Epstein & Friends

Dougie Do'ins

Prince Andrew defends Jeffrey Epstein relationship

Prince Andrew has defended his former friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, saying "at no stage" did he "see or suspect" any criminal behaviour.

Epstein, 66, took his own life in a jail cell this month while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges.

In a statement, the Duke of York said he wanted to "clarify the facts" around his "former association or friendship" with the US financier.

He said it was a "mistake" to meet Epstein after he left prison in 2010.

"During the time I knew him, I saw him infrequently and probably no more than only once or twice a year," the prince said.

"I have stayed in a number of his residences. At no stage during the limited time I spent with him did I see, witness or suspect any behaviour of the sort that subsequently led to his arrest and conviction."

The duke - who said he first met Epstein in 1999 - added that he had "tremendous sympathy" for all those affected by Epstein's behaviour.

"His suicide has left many unanswered questions and I acknowledge and sympathise with everyone who has been affected and wants some form of closure."

Allegations against Epstein surfaced in 2005 when the parents of a 14-year-old girl told police in Florida he had molested their daughter at his Palm Beach home.

The financier was accused of paying underage girls to perform sex acts at his Manhattan and Florida mansions between 2002 and 2005.

A controversial secret plea deal saw him plead guilty to a lesser charge of soliciting a minor for prostitution. He received an 18-month prison sentence and was released on probation in 2010.

Prince Andrew was photographed with Epstein in New York's Central Park in late 2010 - after the tycoon was released from jail.

Footage has also emerged reportedly showing the prince at Epstein's mansion in Manhattan in 2010.

In the statement, released on Saturday, the duke added: "I have said previously that it was a mistake and an error to see him after his release in 2010 and I can only reiterate my regret that I was mistaken to think that what I thought I knew of him was evidently not the real person, given what we now know.

"This is a difficult time for everyone involved and I am at a loss to be able to understand or explain Mr Epstein's lifestyle.

"I deplore the exploitation of any human being and would not condone, participate in, or encourage any such behaviour."

In July 2019 Epstein was charged in New York with further allegations of sex trafficking and conspiracy and was due to face trial next year. He pleaded not guilty to all the charges but if convicted, was facing up to 45 years in prison.

Feb 1999 - The Duke of York said he first met Epstein, a wealthy hedge fund manager, in 1999. Prince Andrew reportedly flew with Epstein on his private Gulfstream jet in February that year, according to the Daily Mirror.The Daily Mail also reported that 10 months earlier Epstein's logbook showed he had flown to the same location to meet the the duke's ex-wife, Sarah Ferguson.

June 2000 - Epstein and his British ex-girlfriend Ghislaine Maxwell were among a star-studded guest list at a party hosted by the Queen in June 2000. The duke became part of the social circle of Ms Maxwell - someone who Epstein later described as his best friend. The duke accompanied Ms Maxwell - daughter of the late newspaper tycoon, Robert Maxwell - at private parties and celebrity functions both in the UK and in the US that year.

December 2000 - The then 40-year-old prince, threw Ms Maxwell a surprise birthday party at Sandringham, with Epstein among the guests.

December 2010 - The duke met Epstein in New York's Central Park after the tycoon was released from prison. Prince Andrew later said the meeting was a mistake and an error of judgement. Buckingham Palace said he had no contact with Epstein after that.

July 2011 - The palace confirmed the duke would stand down as the UK's trade envoy following criticism of his friendship with Epstein.

2 Jan 2015 - In response to the duke being named in court papers as part of a US civil case against Epstein, the palace said: "Any suggestion of impropriety with underage minors is categorically untrue." According to the Guardian, one of Epstein's accusers, Virginia Roberts - now Virginia Giuffre - said she was ordered to give the prince "whatever he required". Buckingham Palace said: "This relates to proceedings in the United States to which the Duke of York is not a party."

3 Jan 2015 - A second statement issued two days later, after further details about allegations were published in Sunday newspapers, stressed claims made about the duke were "without any foundation". "It is emphatically denied that the Duke of York had any form of sexual contact or relationship with Virginia Roberts. Any claim to the contrary is false and without foundation."

22 Jan 2015 - Prince Andrew spoke about the claims at a World Economic Forum reception in Davos, Switzerland. He said: "I just wish to reiterate and to reaffirm the statements that have already been made on my behalf by Buckingham Palace. My focus is on my work."

August 2019 - In response to questions following Mr Epstein's subsequent arrest in 2019, a spokesperson for Buckingham Palace said: "The Duke of York has been appalled by the recent reports of Jeffrey Epstein's alleged crimes. His Royal Highness deplores the exploitation of any human being and the suggestion he would condone, participate in or encourage any such behaviour is abhorrent."

The Queen's third child quit his role as a UK trade envoy in 2011 after the fallout from the photos of him and Epstein in 2010.

The duke had been appointed the UK's special representative for international trade and investment in 2001 after retiring from the Royal Navy.

He worked for - but did not receive a salary from - the government body UK Trade & Investment (UKTI), which reports jointly to the Foreign Office and the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49460263

Jeffrey Epstein accuser urges Prince Andrew to 'come clean'

A woman who accused Jeffrey Epstein of sex abuse and alleged she was forced to have sex with Prince Andrew as a 17-year-old has urged him to "come clean".

Speaking after a hearing for alleged victims in the wake of Epstein's death, Virginia Giuffre told reporters the prince "knows what he's done".

The Duke of York has previously denied these claims.

A coroner ruled Epstein killed himself this month while awaiting trial on sex trafficking and conspiracy charges.

The 66-year-old tycoon - who once counted President Donald Trump, former President Bill Clinton and Prince Andrew as friends - was found unresponsive in his prison cell on 10 August.

About 15 plaintiffs spoke during the New York City court hearing as the case against Epstein looked set to be dismissed. The women spoke of their anger, saying Epstein had cheated justice by dying in prison.

Prosecutors said the investigation was ongoing and charges could still be brought against any co-conspirators.

Ms Giuffre, 35, has alleged she was forced on three occasions to have sex with Prince Andrew, which he denies.

She has accused Epstein of keeping her as a "sex slave". In court on Tuesday, she said: "My hopes were quickly dashed and my dreams were stolen."

Ms Giuffre has said in a court deposition she was a 15-year-old working at Mr Trump's Mar-a-Lago golf resort in Florida when she was approached by British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell to give massages to Epstein.

When asked for a comment on Prince Andrew during a news conference after the hearing, Ms Giuffre said: "He knows what he's done and he can attest to that. He knows exactly what he's done and I hope he comes clean about it."

The prince has said it was "a mistake and an error" to see Epstein after his release from prison, and that he never saw or suspected criminal behaviour.

Courtney Wild, who has alleged Epstein sexually abused her when she was 14, told the court on Tuesday: "I feel very angry and sad. Justice has never been served in this case."

Ms Wild, who says she was recruited to be a masseuse for Epstein on his private plane dubbed "the Lolita Express", called him a "coward" who was able to "manipulate our justice system".

Jennifer Araoz, who says Epstein raped her at his New York mansion when she was 15, told the court: "He robbed me of my dreams, of my chance to pursue a career I adored.

"The fact I will never have a chance to face my predator in court eats away at me. They let this man kill himself and kill the chance for justice for so many others."

Another woman, Chauntae Davies, told the court: "I will not let him win in death."

Ms Davies said she was raped by Epstein on his private island after being hired to give him massages.

Another woman, who chose to withhold her name, fought back tears as she told the court: "We do need to know how he died. It felt like a whole new trauma. It didn't feel good to wake up that morning and find that he allegedly committed suicide."

A number of accusers have filed lawsuits against Epstein's estate. Two days before his death, he signed a will funnelling his $577m (£475m) in assets to a trust fund.

Judge Richard Berman, who scheduled the hearing, began on Tuesday by observing that the case had taken "a rather stunning turn of events".

Reid Weingarten, an attorney for Epstein, asked the judge to look into the circumstances of his client's death.

The financier died of "suicide by hanging" in the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Manhattan, according to a New York medical examiner.

Mr Weingarten said the defence was "sceptical of the certitude of the medical examiner's conclusion that this was suicide", citing issues with video surveillance.

Brad Edwards, a lawyer representing Epstein's accusers, told the court that the financier's "untimely death" was "curious" and made it impossible for the alleged victims to find justice.

Authorities have told the Washington Post that one hallway camera near Epstein's prison cell has unusable footage, though clearer footage was captured in the vicinity.

It is unclear what was visible in this footage, or why the other video was not usable.

The FBI and Department of Justice are investigating the incident to determine if there was any foul play.

Epstein was accused of paying girls under the age of 18 to perform sex acts at his Manhattan and Florida mansions between 2002-05.

He was also alleged to have paid large amounts of money to two potential witnesses ahead of his trial, which was scheduled for next year.

Epstein, who pleaded not guilty, was facing up to 45 years in prison if convicted.

He was arrested on 6 July after landing in New Jersey on his private jet.

Epstein avoided similar charges in a controversial secret plea deal in 2008, instead pleading guilty to a lesser charge.

Handling of that case - which deprived Epstein's accusers the chance to confront him in court - has been closely scrutinised in recent months.

In July US Labor Secretary Alex Acosta, a former Miami prosecutor, resigned over his role in the plea deal.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-49486590

So we had guards not checking on him, cellmate he was due to have transferred elsewhere day before death, and now this as if it wasn't already taking the piss enough :

(Reuters) - Two cameras that malfunctioned outside the jail cell where financier Jeffrey Epstein died as he awaited trial on sex-trafficking charges have been sent to an FBI crime lab for examination, a law enforcement source told Reuters.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-people-jeffrey-epstein-cameras-idUSKCN1VI2LC

On 24/08/2019 at 21:34, Captain Howdy said:

Had a conversation many years ago, something like 2000 with a fella who worked for the royal family, told me Andrew was vile

Was talking to a retired Helicopter Squadron Leader last night who was at RNAS Culdrose the same time as Andrew was there training. He had no hesitation in saying Andrew was a cunt of the highest order, arrogant, pretty stupid and totally not fit to be a pilot. At one point he was sent home to have words with daddy about how he needed to get his act together. He qualified purely because people were frightened about their careers if they criticised him or marked him down.

He came across Charles (steady) and said he had the reputation as being a capable officer with a good work ethic and reasonably ok bloke.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, A Red said:

Was talking to a retired Helicopter Squadron Leader last night who was at RNAS Culdrose the same time as Andrew was there training. He had no hesitation in saying Andrew was a cunt of the highest order, arrogant, pretty stupid and totally not fit to be a pilot. At one point he was sent home to have words with daddy about how he needed to get his act together. He qualified purely because people were frightened about their careers if they criticised him or marked him down.

He came across Charles (steady) and said he had the reputation as being a capable officer with a good work ethic and reasonably ok bloke.

Spent a week training at Culdrose. Middle of nowhere but a decent little village next to it which I assume is called Culdrose. 

23 minutes ago, A Red said:

Fits with what I was told mate

19 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Spent a week training at Culdrose. Middle of nowhere but a decent little village next to it which I assume is called Culdrose. 

Helston. Its ok, about 6 pubs but like loads of small towns the high street suffers