You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is the most important of our front three?

El Rojo

Who is the most important of our front three?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Three magnificent footballers, but if you could only keep one, who would it be?

• 3 months later...
Guest Pistonbroke

The best thing is, all three are capable of being World class. If one of them isn't firing then the other two step in to shine, it's a great position to be in. Salah is class, it'll be great when he starts firing on all cylinders, could be just what our run in needs. 

On 05/12/2019 at 16:55, Pistonbroke said:

The best thing is, all three are capable of being World class. If one of them isn't firing then the other two step in to shine, it's a great position to be in. Salah is class, it'll be great when he starts firing on all cylinders, could be just what our run in needs. 

This. It’s quite easy to forget how fucking devastating Mo is when he’s on top of his game. If we had Mo from 2 seasons ago we’d be top of the league now.

Right now, the best of them is Sadio. He’s been incredible this season.

but I still think bobby is the most important. When he plays well - which is nearly always - we play well - which is also nearly always

It's prisoner of the moment stuff. I still think Firmino is the one whose role is the least replicable, making him the most important. That said, they pretty much all take turns in being the main man and right now it's Mane. Mane is also the most consistent I would say which is not something you would've ever thought about him if you watched him a lot at Southampton. Credit to him. 

• 1 year later...

Since that poll started, you have to say Mo has been the most consistent, I thought Firmino was the most important to the team at the time, Mane has matched Mo but fell away particularly last season, but appears to be gaining some momentum recently and his “spat” with Mo looks over.

Be great if Bobby could recapture some form, but now Jota is here I doubt he’ll get a run to do that.

Mane's not been so bad this season, but it's clear that the days of him consistently carrying the ball out and launching a counter on his own are over. Needs to take on a few longer shots as he has that in his locker but never looks confident in backing himself these days. Got to force sides to come out to him as it will open things up for him and Robbo. Not being able to get a free kick doesn't help (but he doesn't help himself in that respect).

Hard to tell with Bobby while he's not playing. He's gotten some goals, but needs a chance to find his rhythm. Hard while Jota is playing well.

On 05/10/2021 at 07:29, Jairzinho said:

The poll was correct two years ago. Salah has since improved, the other two have declined. 

Hahaha delusional. 

Its a bit like those complaining about journalists pointing out Salah has not really been appreciated the way he should have been by our fans. 

I was accused of hating Mane, simply because I pointed out Sala was a superior player. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Code said:

Hahaha delusional. 

Its a bit like those complaining about journalists pointing out Salah has not really been appreciated the way he should have been by our fans. 

I was accused of hating Mane, simply because I pointed out Sala was a superior player. 

Yeah Salah has always been the best of the 3 imo. Mane was getting very close to him but imo Salah always had more to his game. And he only looks stronger now while the other 2 are declining ( rapidly in Firmino's case)