You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who is the most important of our front three?

El Rojo

Who is the most important of our front three?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Three magnificent footballers, but if you could only keep one, who would it be?

Very difficult call, teams need team players, they also need that individual touch now and again to tip the balance in games.

We’re very lucky to have those qualities in all 3 players, but I think Firmino does make the bigger difference when he isn’t there.

Not much in it though.

• Upvote 1

Bobby for me. While you may not be able to get players who are as good as Salah and Mane, you can get players who will play in much the same way. But Bobby seems to be unique in the way he plays for us. I don’t think there is another player out there doing what he does.

5 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Salah for me. Though all brilliant players, I think his ceiling is higher than the other 2. 

I'm surprised his poll is so low.

I don’t think size of his house or his johnson has any bearing on the outcome of this debate. 

Its Bobby. 

1 hour ago, KMD7 said:

Salah for me. Though all brilliant players, I think his ceiling is higher than the other 2. 

I'm surprised his poll is so low.

It's down to the media narrative about him being selfish.   Funnily enough at the start of last season it was Mane that was the selfish one apparently. 

Guest Alex_K

Its a bit (very) weird that a forward with 55 league goals & 19 assists in 76 league games is polling so massively behind a centre forward with 49 league goals & 28 assists in 139 games.

This idea that Firmino makes us tick .. sure, he's central to it, but exactly which games were they where his absence undid us? Because I certainly can't ever remember a remotely similar feeling of pure doom to when Salah hobbled off against Madrid in Kiev.

Bobby's a cult favourite but he's just not in the same class as Salah. Every single statistic and area of their play says as much.

6 hours ago, Alex_K said:

This idea that Firmino makes us tick .. sure, he's central to it, but exactly which games were they where his absence undid us? Because I certainly can't ever remember a remotely similar feeling of pure doom to when Salah hobbled off against Madrid in Kiev.

Maybe not a feeling of pure doom, but as recently as last week against Chelsea we improved instantly when Firmino came on. Both Salah and Mane had been on the whole of the first half but we were much more in control, and they were both much more of a threat, when Bobby came into play.

As I said earlier, not much to choose between them but Firmino is, arguably, missed more.

Thank God we have them though.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Alex_K said:

Its a bit (very) weird that a forward with 55 league goals & 19 assists in 76 league games is polling so massively behind a centre forward with 49 league goals & 28 assists in 139 games.

Bobby's a cult favourite but he's just not in the same class as Salah. Every single statistic and area of their play says as much.

A fair few of those performances would have been under Rodgers.  A fairer comparison would be his appearances under Klopp when he was moved to false 9.  

The numbers also fail to take into account his work-rate and defensive contribution.  He makes a lot of sprints and wins a lot of tackles/interceptions to lead the high press.  Not regarded as sexy attributes for a centre forward, but imperative when it comes to our style of play.

Cult favourite is wide of the mark, for me.  I'm in the camp that he's our most important player.  Firmino plays well, Liverpool play well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Rojo said:

Plenty of football left in all of them too:

Firmino 27, turning 28 in October
Sadio 27 last April
Mo 27 last June

Three genuinely world class forwards in, or approaching, their prime. There have been worse times to be a red.