You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This forums political compass

Davelfc

Where are you on the political compass?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you on the political compass

• Authoritarian Left
    • Authoritarian Right
    • libertarian Left
    • libertarian Right

8 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

There has always been a 'purity' thing with the Left, but there's a particular thing with this Modern Left throwing it around. To quite a few, especially on Social Media, it seems to me 'are you a fucking Corbyn supporter are you a cunt'. Which, I mean, is absolute bollocks. 

One could almost say the term "left" has become sinister.

*pats self on back*

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Would be interesting to see where the libertarian / authoritarian dots ended if it had a catch all question at the end asking if you were happy enough to abandon any and all of your beliefs to a party leader promising jam tomorrow.

It more important to have a 100% perfect solution that can’t win elections and allows a 0% solution to rule than vote for a 50% perfect solution that protects people I pretend to care about. 

Agree

Strongly Agree

Corbyn4Ever

Tory Enabler

12 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It more important to have a 100% perfect solution that can’t win elections and allows a 0% solution to rule than vote for a 50% perfect solution that protects people I pretend to care about. 

Agree

Strongly Agree

Corbyn4Ever

Tory Enabler

You missed Flag Shagger 

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

You're just like the rest of the Commie Corbynite layabouts, want everything for nothing, why don't you just move to Russia if you love it so much!

Taking the piss obviously.

Ha ! I knew that

Guess Russia are getting a better deal on fuel though

2 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Agree

Strongly Agree

Corbyn4Ever

Tory Enabler

This is an interesting question. Do we want another Tony Blair who gave us proles bigger breadcrumbs while doing very little to stop the wealth acquisition that has gone unabated since the Thatcher government,or a government that aims to reverse some of that inequality but is unlikely to ever be allowed to? It's a genuine puzzler.(No sarcasm intended here.)

20 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

This is an interesting question. Do we want another Tony Blair who gave us proles bigger breadcrumbs while doing very little to stop the wealth acquisition that has gone unabated since the Thatcher government,or a government that aims to reverse some of that inequality but is unlikely to ever be allowed to? It's a genuine puzzler.(No sarcasm intended here.)

A government. No, an opposition. BTW, New Labour have more than a few breadcrumbs. For all their flaws, of which there was many. They made life significantly better for a lot of people. I still don’t think people genuinely understand that it’s a two horse race and if they don’t pick one horse they’re helping the other one. 

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Don't you think the concept of left and right are bollocks now?

There's nothing 'left' about having a liberal view of drugs policy, immigration or transgender rights. Just like there's nothing 'right' about supportig an insurection which threatens to hang Mike Pence.

I think that's the whole concept behind this political compass with the two axes. If you're in favour of things like liberal drugs and immigration policy, you'll appear in the bottom half of the graph, and it's only things like your opinion on nationalising Sainsbury's or privatising oxygen which will move you left or right along the x axis.

17 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

A government. No, an opposition. BTW, New Labour have more than a few breadcrumbs. For all their flaws, of which there was many. They made life significantly better for a lot of people. I still don’t think people genuinely understand that it’s a two horse race and if they don’t pick one horse they’re helping the other one. 

What!!!... You  ''genuinely think people dont understand its a two horse race".....Tory or Labour? 

Thanks for explaining, so it's a no no for the Greens getting the keys to number 10, wouldn't have known, shame.

I wonder what it would look like if every adult in the country took this test.  I suspect the aggregate would be a blob covering the centre, spreading towards the bottom left.  Yet the governments we've had for most of the last 43 years would be firmly in the top right. 

Yay, democracy!

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

What!!!... You  ''genuinely think people dont understand its a two horse race".....Tory or Labour? 

Thanks for explaining, so it's a no no for the Greens getting the keys to number 10, wouldn't have known, shame.

It’s almost like you quoted different words to the ones I wrote, isn’t it you dishonest little rat. 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It’s almost like you quoted different words to the ones I wrote, isn’t it you dishonest little rat. 

OK I'll try again.... "I'm Numero and I'm a pompous little prick" 

9 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Nope I got your drift accurately enough warrior. 

Just now, Gnasher said:

OK I'll try again.... "I'm Numero and I'm a pompous little prick" 

Nope I got your drift accurately enough warrior. 

No, 'I'm Gnasher and I'm a liar and internet hardman who calls everyone a cunt or a luvvie', you didn't. My post was that people don't genuinely understand the only outcome and the ramifications of not playing that game. This means there's a superficial understanding that there's two big parties, but the ramifications of their 'vote with my heart and they'll change' bullshit, especially in marginal areas, is actually damaging because they're badly mistaken. It's either the don't really get it or they don't care that they're enabling Tories, at which point they become Tories in my eyes. Same with those who don't vote in those areas. This is quite different to 'I genuinely don't think people know it's a two horse race' bullshit that is a result in your piss-poor reading comprehension.