You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This forums political compass

Davelfc

Where are you on the political compass?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Where are you on the political compass

• Authoritarian Left
    • Authoritarian Right
    • libertarian Left
    • libertarian Right

Just now, moof said:

Probably doesn’t know the difference between left-libertarian and contemporary/right wing libertarianism, unless he heard it on a podcast, of course. 

I think rico equates wanting the state to look after its most vulnerable members as authoritarian and prefer we all bring up our kids like spartans. Except those who can afford not to of course.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Some questions like "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" have agree or disagree only when that would depend on several factors clearly, so it could do with some neutral options at times but gave it a go again and am still in the bottom left.

mzXd6gG.png

Good man. Favourite Mudhoney album? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cloggypop said:

Good man. Favourite Mudhoney album? 

Haven't heard them all but self-titled first one is my favourite from the ones I've listened to. If I've still got it somewhere it could be one of the only albums, or the only one that I bought on tape and still have a copy of.

9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think rico equates wanting the state to look after its most vulnerable members as authoritarian and prefer we all bring up our kids like spartans. Except those who can afford not to of course.

I wouldn’t even allow most of you to breed.  

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Let me rephrase it.

Why are you acting surprised at the preponderance of Libertarian Left results on this, when that is entirely in keeping with the overwhelming consensus of every single political thread?

Rico doesn't understand the difference between left libertarians and Stalin as his antediluvian, podcast-addled brain cannot comprehend any political thought going beyond 'left = bad.'

This is the same idiot who lambasts Labour for their Brexit policy yet consistently votes Tory as it's in his 'self-interest' even though he's of the belief Brexit will decimate the British economy.

I used to think he was just trolling, but it would appear he is merely tragically dim.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Em City said:

Rico doesn't understand the difference between left libertarians and Stalin as his antediluvian, podcast-addled brain cannot comprehend any political thought going beyond 'left = bad.'

This is the same idiot who lambasts Labour for their Brexit policy yet consistently votes Tory as it's in his 'self-interest' even though he's of the belief Brexit will decimate the British economy.

I used to think he was just trolling, but it would appear he is merely tragically dim.

Yes.  I’m very very stupid.  That’s the issue.  Is this one of those things that if you say often enough it’ll come true?   I must just be very lucky.  

14 minutes ago, Sixtimes Dog said:

I'm impressed that so many of you are coming out so far left on the axis, dare I ask what responses you need to give to achieve that?

I was wondering the same for those who aren’t towards the left. I mean, it’s a pretty shitty quiz, but I do wish we could see each other’s answers. I mean, what type of shut do you have to choose to go authoritarian? 

1 minute ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I was wondering the same for those who aren’t towards the left. I mean, it’s a pretty shitty quiz, but I do wish we could see each other’s answers. 

Yes, a huge amount of the questions were just along the lines of "do you reckon corporations should bum the whole world?".

• Upvote 3