You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Aug 10-16 2019)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Aug 10:

Didn’t take long for the glow of last night to be extinguished did it? I think we all expected City to win, but winning 5-0 was a bit fucking much like wasn’t it? West Ham are shite, but is this what we’ve got to look forward to on a weekly basis?

You know, as demoralising as City’s relentlessness is, the thing that’s bothering me most today is fucking VAR. Along with oil money, this is the worst thing to ever happen to football. I hate it. It’s shit. It needs fucking off.

What happened in the City game today was an absolute nonsense, regardless of whether the decisions were right or not. This isn’t what footy is supposed to be about . We’re going to have this kind of debacle on a weekly basis. Sometimes it will be us affected but even when it’s not I still hate it.

That City goal that was disallowed for offside today was a joke. I don’t need decisions to be THAT precise, but the real problem is how this kind of shit is just killing the spontaneity of the moment. We’re going to reach a point very soon where we don’t celebrate a goal because we’re waiting to see if there’s going be VAR. In fact we already have. Technology does need to be used, but not like this.

The u18s kicked off their season today and won 7-1 away at Blackburn. Impressive that, especially considering hardlyany of last year’s side were playing and I’d never heard of most of these lads. I’m sure the names will become familiar soon enough if they keep this up.

Sunday Aug 11:

United spanking Chelsea 4-0 was great. Why? Because they’re shite but this will make people think they aren’t. Let them get their hopes up. Let them think Maguire is going to be their Van Dijk and that this is the season when Pogba lives up to all of his hype. It’s going to make it all the more enjoyable when it all goes to shit and they lose 3-0 at home to Villa or Bournemouth. 

Maguire getting man of the match was a classic case of the narrative being written before the game. If United won and didn’t concede a bucket load, he was always getting man of the match, the weird looking cunt. I don’t care much for him.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u pinned this topic
4 hours ago, TheBitch said:

Dave is deffo still watching Walking Dead.

Sacked it off about two or three years ago. I learnt a harsh lesson from Prison Break. Now when a show has clearly ran it's course or is just pissing me off, I can walk away. I just wish I'd been able to do the same with that shit, as I really used to beat myself up over that.

• Upvote 1

I’m on season 1 episode 6 of Prison Break, I must be a bit behind the curve. I’m a bit disappointed to hear that there are four more seasons to go, I was kind of hoping that Michael would, well, escape. What does he do when he goes to a new prison, wash off his tattoos and start again? No spoilers please.

Completely, completely agree about VAR. Football without wild jubilation/burning sense of injustice just isn’t football.

• dave u unpinned this topic