You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 24/8/19 Premier League

Bjornebye

VVD sat off him at first, to have a look, and when he had the measure of him he just closed him out. Pepe’s only chance came from a poor attempted pass by Henderson, who was otherwise very good. The pic of him running in front of VVD that all the Arsenal twitterers are posting was close to the start of the game and all he did was run into a corner and get penned out there by our defence.

I think he’ll do well for Arsenal against a lot of the lower clubs, but to suggest our defence were scared of him is nonsense. 

• Upvote 2

I obviously love Pepe as a player and I'll always big him up but van Dijk wasn't exactly troubled by him. His finishing was also poor.

That said, it was his first start and Emery's gameplan was simply to hoof it at him. There aren't many real conclusions anyone can draw about him from that game. 

12 hours ago, General Dryness said:

Shirts v Skins was good enough when we were at school. These professionals don't know they're born.

In my year at uni in England, we used to play skinnies vs tommies. I always played with the tommies even though I was rather thin compared the way I am today . Never really understood the English anyway ....

At the 61 minute mark(?), Robertson pressed forward and started to go after them like a terrier after a pack of rats. I think a couple of them wanted to run off the pitch. The ref called a foul on him out of pity for Arsenal--he was concerned for their well-being. 

Summed it up, for me. 

On 25/08/2019 at 16:33, Jordy Brouwer said:

I don't know why this guy gets so much hate. I think his depiction is about in the ballpark. 

I can just imagine when he got tight to Salah, Luiz thinking - "I got the moves main"

Thats the knobhead from Storage Wars. Hes a grade A bellend.

16 hours ago, R BENO said:

Thats the knobhead from Storage Wars. Hes a grade A bellend.

Everyone seems to think so but I don't know why. There's a veritable jihad against him on his twitter posts. He just seems like a short fat bloke doing some comedy based on that video so I don't know whats up. 

On 24/08/2019 at 18:57, Jairzinho said:

Us being really good has destroyed this forum.

This is one of the worst match threads of all time. There is nothing to moan about.

Yeah, no doubt about it.

I'd be cautious before labelling it a new day on the forum, however.

Dave and those Hollywood types he hangs about with are not going to give up their yacht lifestyle easily.

Rashid, Red Nick, Momo and Simon; they've a long, rich and storied history of pulling box office characters out when they need to and I can see them debuting a few for the international break.

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

Yeah, no doubt about it.

I'd be cautious before labelling it a new day on the forum, however.

Dave and those Hollywood types he hangs about with are not going to give up their yacht lifestyle easily.

Rashid, Red Nick, Momo and Simon; they've a long, rich and storied history of pulling box office characters out when they need to and I can see them debuting a few for the international break.

Someone has to do something. The FF is in danger of becoming as boring as the MF.