You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 24/8/19 Premier League

Bjornebye

First half, we were excellent and strangled the life out of them. Second half was almost embarrassing, how easy it was before the subs.

No idea what Klopp was thinking. Bobby should have been off first, and why no Shaqiri or Origi? 

Lallana and Ox up top is a joke, and it let Arsenal off the hook.

Thought Henderson and Matip were brilliant, and VVD took the piss out of them at times.

We're looking like we mean serious business again this season. 

• Upvote 4

Just a mumbling about VAR. We didn't have a clue about what it was for, then much like an old spectrum computer text slower than Everton's midfield scrolled across the scoreboard.... var...............check............for .............a ........

Followed by some muffling sound on the tannoy.

For fucks sake, get some decent fucking graphics. Have they got someone's old nan sitting in a room somewhere typing this out? VAR is here to stay, yeah it's shit and no different to any other poor refereeing decision a lot of the time but it is what it is.

Then for the rest of the first half the scoreboard was a mess, not showing the time or going off. I genuinely believe they're running it on a raspberry pi. 

• Upvote 1

Came across this gem on a Spurs forum on their PL match thread as they were watching yesterday. His dad wasn’t wrong.

yiddopaul

I'm not over the 1982 Milk Cup final yet (+37 years) let alone 01/06
That was my first game my dad took me too. It's when i developed a 'dislike' for 'Pool. I think there was a minute to go, we were winning and I gloated to my dad we're going to win it aren't we? He said 'don't write Liverpool off until the final whistle'... Gutted.

We’re looking really strong and although a long way from our best we battered them for almost all the game except for a couple of breakaways. I thought they defended well throughout most of the game, dealt with our crosses, got in loads of blocks but just couldn’t cope in the phases when we stepped up the pace.  

3 minutes ago, aws said:

We’re looking really strong and although a long way from our best we battered them for almost all the game except for a couple of breakaways. I thought they defended well throughout most of the game, dealt with our crosses, got in loads of blocks but just couldn’t cope in the phases when we stepped up the pace.  

They wouldn’t have had those chances in the first half except we gifted them to them (first Adrian and then Hendo). I’m not sure why they were playing Aubameyang and Pepe up top with the midfield diamond trying to hold us off, if they weren’t going to knock it long.

2 minutes ago, Anubis said:

They wouldn’t have had those chances in the first half except we gifted them to them (first Adrian and then Hendo). I’m not sure why they were playing Aubameyang and Pepe up top with the midfield diamond trying to hold us off, if they weren’t going to knock it long.

Strange tactics alright.  I think we’ll be seeing a lot of direct football from most other teams at Anfield this season. 

Only explanation I can think of for putting Lallana and Ox on in those positions is giving them minutes wherever he can to get them match fit post-injury, so they’re viable squad options.

Sacrificing the end of this game for the medium to longer-term benefit. Probably the right thing to do with Ox, 99.9% certainly a waste of time/effort with Lallana.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Elite said:

Absolute coast. It'll be one of our easiest games of the season, Arsenal will never get anywhere until they address their weak as piss mentality, which has been an issue since Wenger lost his way.

Wenger inherited a brilliant back five and added Campbell to it whilst Ashley Cole emerged. As the original members of that back five dropped off  and he replaced and rebuilt to varying degrees of success it was a gradual slip down hill. Its basically us before VVD, Allison and Robbo.