You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 24/8/19 Premier League

Bjornebye

9 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Interesting comments from Klopp:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/06/12/article-0-09E98EFD000005DC-243_233x392.jpg

Interviewer: What's your strategy?

Klopp: Don't need any. Emery is so predictable and stupid. His team comes straight ahead, he is tailor made for us and they're going to get hurt.

Interviewer: Do you have a prediction?

Klopp: Prediction?

Interviewer: Yes, prediction.

Klopp: Pain.

Fair play to Klopp, his pre match analysis was spot on.

• Upvote 5

Guest Pistonbroke
17 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Wish we'd stop conceding crappy goals in the last 10 minutes and doing me out of points in FPL. Cunts 

I feel your pain, I've lost loads of points for clean sheets this season. 

Getting that aura at Anfield where teams are basically looking to keep the score down and happy to avoid a beating.

Didn't think Arsenal were as flimsy as usual & with the front three up and firing can see them comfortably in the top 4.

Hendo looked out on his feet for the last 20 minutes bit strange Jurgen kept him on.

1 minute ago, sir roger said:

Getting that aura at Anfield where teams are basically looking to keep the score down and happy to avoid a beating.

Didn't think Arsenal were as flimsy as usual & with the front three up and firing can see them comfortably in the top 4.

Hendo looked out on his feet for the last 20 minutes bit strange Jurgen kept him on.

Yeah I noticed that with Hendo too. He looked fucked towards the end

Arsenal did well to avoid the drubbings of the past 2 seasons. Going forward they are extremely dangerous but at the back they look clumsier than any collection of slapdicks we've cobbled together over the years. And then they went ahead and added Sideshow Bob to that.

Cracking goal from Mo to finish the contest, and another valuable attacking contribution from Big Bird. He's done nothing wrong to lose the shirt so he should play again next weekend.

Sometimes we can look prosaic in midfield and not altogether switched on defensively, but we've developed a habit of grinding it out before stepping on the gas again. Most opponents simply cannot cope with such a change of tempo come the hour mark. "Mentality monsters" as Klopp calls it. We're 3 from 3 with 9 points, and averaging 3 goals a game. It's sloppiness on our part that means we've yet to register a clean sheet this season even though we have pretty much the same personnel as last season (Adrian the one exception). Last season, we won something like 6 of our first 7 games but the performances were quite similar to this season so far. I think Klopp and his coaches have decided that the formula for the first 10 games is to prioritise points over performances to give us a platform to become more expansive and controlling in our following games. It's a better approach than hell-for-leather for the first two thirds of the season before running out of gas at the business end. It's even more imperative now that we're using the same squad with several key player barely having had a proper rest for the past couple of years.

• Upvote 1

Brilliant performance that. Arsenal are very dangerous going forwards and will score loads this season. And to be fair we were a bit lucky not to concede earlier, so still lots of things to improve. But our pressing and intensity in their half was brilliant, and we could easily have scored more than three. Well played Reds.

• Upvote 1

Guest Pistonbroke
Just now, J-V said:

Where on now if anyones interested.

With that gobshite Pearce on commentary. I'm sure the BBC just troll us by having him on commentary. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Hard work understanding what the fuck Emre is talking about at the best of times, said it was a harsh penalty..hahaha, fucking tool.