You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 24/8/19 Premier League

Bjornebye

Decent win, that. 

Salah and Firmino were both excellent. 

What's this new commentary narrative though about "conceding chances"?? 

Of course we'll concede chances with our full backs playing like wingers. And when the opposition have a £60m odd signing and last seasons joint golden boot winner in their forward line. 

It's been mentioned in every game we've played now. I don't expect us to dominate for 90 minutes and not let the opposition have an attempt at goal. 

It just seems weird that commentators have started mentioning it this season. Is it because we were that good defensively last season? 

Guest Pistonbroke

Only team with 100% record so far. I might watch MOTD for the first time in ages tonight to see the melts broken hearts due to today's results. It has been a good weekend so far and I have a load of cider.......result. 

Not sure if this is a piss take of not;

JChesterUnited: This isn't good for Liverpool, they won't admit it, but Arsenal are closing on them. Whilst Manchester City are pulling away from Liverpool. Not at all convincing from the champions of Europe against half of Arsenal's first team, including several new, half integrated players.

Job nicely done that - just felt like a better team putting its opposition away with little fuss and as expected.

A lot like they used to do to us back when they were clearly better than us....just never felt there was going to be any other result, and there were extra gears if needed.

Says a lot about how far we have come.

Guest Pistonbroke

David Luiz, I reckon my dog could defend better than that joker. What on earth possessed Emre to pay 9 million for the useless twat. Arsenal will concede plenty with him and that Sokratis at the back.