You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arsenal (H) 24/8/19 Premier League

Bjornebye

Solidity. Energy. Focus. Control. Creativity. Ruthlessness.

I don't ask for much.

We've not demonstrated enough of the above in our matches so far, but I think this will be the first time since the final league game of the season where we have had a week to prepare for our next match. I think Klopp said it in one of his recent press conferences that due to games coming thick and fast, the time in between is mostly spent recovering rather than intense physical work. It's the intense physical work in training that should help the players to become more cohesive. Keep the mentality of wanting to win any way we can, but add some cohesion and guile. If we can do that, we can destroy pretty much any other side.

• Upvote 2

Arses problem was never going forward, they'll create a few chances and with our jittery defensive issues lately, that's not a pleasing thought. However, I don't think they've improved defensively themselves so if we can cut out the number of shots we're currently giving up, it should be another win for the junior club in the city. 

Guest Pistonbroke

Arsenal haven't looked all that in their first two games against Newcastle and Burnley, reckon we'll win comfortably myself. Could end up 5-2 or 6-3 mind. 

25 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Arsenal haven't looked all that in their first two games against Newcastle and Burnley, reckon we'll win comfortably myself. Could end up 5-2 or 6-3 mind. 

They can score goals though. I'm a bit worried about them exploiting the higher line and getting in behind the fullbacks

Guest Pistonbroke
8 hours ago, Lee909 said:

They can score goals though. I'm a bit worried about them exploiting the higher line and getting in behind the fullbacks

Against the better teams, Emry is not so adventurous, especially away from home. When we dry humped them last season at Anfield they only had 2 shots on target the whole game. Despite the more conservative approach they are still shite at the back. We may not keep a clean sheet, but we'll create loads of chances against them. 

12 hours ago, Trumo said:

Gonna say this now before it carries on any longer. I need these done so that the first letter of each word spells something or I just can’t get on board with it. SEFCCR doesn’t mean anything. Change it up please. 

I don’t ask for much. 

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, TK421 said:

Emery has Arsenal in excellent shape now he has a couple of transfer windows behind him.  This will be a really tough game.  I foresee a 2-2 draw and forum meltdown.  

Excellent shape? Their defence is still atrocious, they have goals in them but that's it at the minute. We are at home, after a weeks rest, I expect a win.

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Gonna say this now before it carries on any longer. I need these done so that the first letter of each word spells something or I just can’t get on board with it. SEFCCR doesn’t mean anything. Change it up please. 

I don’t ask for much. 

Control.  Unity.  Nouse.  Tenacity.  Creativity.  Hostility.  Opportunism.  Persistence.  Sexiness. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Trumo said:

4 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I don’t ask for much. 

Could be worse;

Solidity. Organisation. Control. Creativity. Energy. Ruthlessness.

20 minutes ago, TK421 said:

They've conceded one goal.  "Atrocious" is stretching it a bit.

And the so is "excellent shape". I'm not basing this on two games against Newcastle and Burnley, two teams I expect to struggle this season. I'm judging on last season and the fact they have only brought in Luiz who whilst a good footballer would not be anyone's first choice to come in and shore up a dodgy defence. Will they improve this year, I expect so. Are they in excellent shape, not for me.

8 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

And the so is "excellent shape". I'm not basing this on two games against Newcastle and Burnley, two teams I expect to struggle this season. I'm judging on last season and the fact they have only brought in Luiz who whilst a good footballer would not be anyone's first choice to come in and shore up a dodgy defence. Will they improve this year, I expect so. Are they in excellent shape, not for me.

Fair enough, mate, it's all about opinions and mine is the best.

• Upvote 2